Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-03-2020, 07:48 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Oh yes, very good. That reminds me of a time when my son was younger, he's colour blind. We were sorting all the crayons out. I think we could agree on blocks of colour, but not the thin strips of coloured crayons. There are different degrees of it. Some can only see greys/black/whites I think. No working as an electrician, train driver or pilot though.
Interesting how the brain works to try to figure it out. Is it a matter of more or less cones on the retina or does the brain create different basic colors with only the rods based on other info/clues?
Have you heard of Synesthesia.
"In one common form of synesthesia, known as grapheme–color synesthesia or color–graphemic synesthesia, letters or numbers are perceived as inherently colored."
Reminds us that color is in the mind, not the eyes.... still, no cones no/less color.??
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia
Old 27-03-2020, 07:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Life is a game - play it.

A game with many rules and harsh consequences for breaking them. Unless you're really that good at playing.
Old 27-03-2020, 08:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Interesting how the brain works to try to figure it out. Is it a matter of more or less cones on the retina or does the brain create different basic colors with only the rods based on other info/clues?
Have you heard of Synesthesia.
"In one common form of synesthesia, known as grapheme–color synesthesia or color–graphemic synesthesia, letters or numbers are perceived as inherently colored."
Reminds us that color is in the mind, not the eyes.... still, no cones no/less color.??
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

I didn't know the name of it. But vaguely remember hearing about it before. It boggles my mind.
Old 27-03-2020, 08:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Your separating and dividing the Source energy for use of a better word and the actors .

Oneness is oneness, Source, is Source, what you are is what you are .

There isn’t one thing and another .

You can’t prise apart Source energy from the appearance of a character role ..

There has to be an opposite in order for there to be something or other .

You can’t have male without a female comparison .

You can’t have a tall person without a short .

If everything was the same in regards to statements made there wouldn’t be the statements made ..

This is why you can’t just have a character role without it’s opposite .

x daz x

Could you have something and the opposite being nothing. Probably not.
Old 27-03-2020, 10:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Could you have something and the opposite being nothing. Probably not.

What about form and formlessness?

Formlessness underlies all form. If people talk about male/female or tall/short then they are comparing different aspects of form.

Form cannot exist without formlessness.

Formlessness can exist without form.

Peace
Old 27-03-2020, 10:46 PM
Master
Quote:
I do like games, tell me more.
My understanding is that we (i.e. our souls) are mind-and-spirit empowered Life-flow 'creators', so we can make up (i.e. 'in'vent) and play whatever 'games' we wish to (or just keep playing the ones we were born into, if that is our 'inclination').

I interpret Jesus' statement "In my Father's house there are many mansions" to mean that there are many (kinds of) games, each with their own 'fields' (or 'courts') to choose from. Jesus was a MAJOR 'game'-maker, his 'game' being open to and joinable by anyone/everyone present. The full quote in the foregoing regard is: "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know." (John 14:2-3)

Quote:
Are there rules to this game?
In a certain way, I would say, My understanding is that certain kinds of dynamics pertain to the game's flow-process ... in Spades, Hearts, Diamonds and Clubs!, euphemistically speaking.

Quote:
Are there winners and losers?
What, if any, are the stakes you are playing for?
Answering these questions, from my treatise:
"Analogous to the way it takes many years of ‘schooling’ wherein initially ignorant and unskilled novices are tasked with learning and given the opportunity to master increasingly complex ‘lessons’ and thereby, upon ‘passing’ greater adeptitude-demanding ‘tests’, progress through a series of ‘grade’ levels to the point where they finally ‘graduate’ from vocational training programs and schools of knowledge, [in this 'game'] it takes numerous physical lifetimes for ‘young’ souls to become masterfully adept at deploying their ‘inner’ Love and Joy ‘program’ in relation to Life and others in it in the context of the infinite psychospiritual possibility containing ‘stream’ of sometimes mind-n-spirit sparking opportunities and sometimes mind-n-spirit daunting challenges that are encountered in the course of living in a matrixially multi-layered, complexly interwoven physiosocial [game-]system such as ours.

The alternative in relation to any particular challenge and/or opportunity, of course, being to ‘fail’ to do so, though, as you probably know if you are experienced enough, such ‘failure’ does not in and of itself preclude anyone from progressing in the above regard because one may often learn even more by reviewing and learning ‘lessons’ from one’s ‘failures’ than one’s ‘successes’. Indeed, the possibility of ‘failure’, and so ‘failures’ themselves, are crucial components of a soul’s developmental process. A string of ‘successes’ alone will not result in one’s developing the degree of mental acuity and emotional resilience required to recognize, wisely navigate, and functionally emancipate oneself from being subject to the pulls and pushes of immediate selfish-gratification affording ‘temptations’ which, besides often leading one in a ‘wrong’ (short-term-gain-long-term-cost) direction, divert precious attention and energy away from the goal of maximally actualizing one’s Love and Joy potential in relation to and with other aspects of Life’s Presence and Flow Process. As in the case of a child’s learning to stand up, walk, run, etc., experiences of ‘failure’ resulting from one’s being short-sighted, careless, uncoordinated, etc. and (so) losing one’s balance, tripping and falling, bumping into walls, etc. in relation to others actually pave the way for ‘success’ in this regard.

The short version of the full [game]-'story’ is that, with the benefit of having both (‘unsuccessful’ and ‘successful’) kinds of experiences, souls may incrementally become aware of the ins and outs of the multivarious kinds of liabilities that attend ‘petty’ selfishness and (so) in due course choose as well as ultimately manage to transcend any and all selfish-‘i’dentity based inclinations, such that they eventually become fully functionally capable of and completely devoted to optimizing and augmenting The Entity of Life’s Love and Joy Flow (beyond the scope of their ‘own’ selfish one) and from then on live in a state of ‘at oneness’ (i.e. in conjunction) with said ever‑ongoing process forever (i.e. ‘eternally’) thereafter. The alternative possibility in this ‘ultimate’ regard, of course, being that souls may completely capital ‘F’(!) Fail to do and be so. [They may be thought of as being 'losers' in such game's context.]

The latter possibility derives from the fact that, if and as a soul reacts, as all selfish-ego ensconced (hence ‘immature’ in psychospiritual terms) souls are prone to at least sometimes do, to the frustration(s) and disappointment(s) of personal wishes, hopes, and expectations by becoming even more selfish-gratification oriented (the idea that Life presents us with a series of ‘tests’ which we may either ‘pass’ or ‘fail’ pertains here), and if such all too human reactional tendency isn’t somehow ‘disarmed’ and ‘neutralized’, such that a soul persists in becoming more so, it may eventually become so mentally and emotionally ‘i’solated in the ‘bubble’ of its own ‘petty’ selfishness that whatever inclination and capacity it may have had to experience and express Love and Joy in relation to and with others shrinks and shrivels (i.e. devolves) to the point where it finally becomes completely unloving and unjoyful in relation to Life. What then ‘happens’ (since the Essence of Life is Love and Joy and that is what our Entity is actually the living expression of) is that such soul just ‘blinks out’ and ‘vanishes’ as a psychospiritual pattern (or ‘entity’) from the ‘field’ of Life and therefore completely ‘loses’ the possibility of ever incarnating again as a unit. There is no Love and Joy ‘kernel’ left which can then possibly (re)incarnate and thereby learn and ‘grow’ to the point where it nodally integrates with and thereafter ‘eternally’ lives on as a full-fledged ‘member’ of the ‘Body’ of Life.
"

Quote:
Can one cheat at this game?
One can 'cheat' in relation to others, but one can't 'cheat' in terms of the final 'score' one garners. "Whatsoever a wo/man soweth, that shall s/he also reap." yada-yada.

Quote:
Do we have to take turns?
No. Everyone can play at the same time.

Quote:
Is there a roll of the dice involved?
No. "'God' is not 'mocked' - as I stated ""Whatsoever a wo/man soweth (in terms of interpersonally given/shared Love and Joy), that shall s/he also reap."

Quote:
Is the sky blue in this game and if so why?
Yes, if and as the 'game' is played while suited up in a human body on earth. Why? Because human eyes-n-brains register the wave-lenghth of light that is 'dispersed' by our earth's atmosphere as 'blue'.

Old 27-03-2020, 11:30 PM
Master
P.S. My best guess is that those (there seems to be many such in Hindu and Buddhist circles) who simply play the 'game' of getting off of what they regard to just be am endlessly round-and-round turning Wheel (think hamster cage wheel!) of Life and who think/feel/and/believe that they can't/don't have a potentially eternally self-sustaining soul will at best just manage to dissolve their 'i'dentities and not incarnate again, such that they end up being 'nothing' (or nothingness), possibly forever!, thereafter. They way I see it (I am only imagining possibilities here!) IMO such as them don't/won't] grow and develop a greater and greater capacity to experience and express Love and Joy in relation to and with others and Life Itself because they (at most) act 'lovingly' as a duty, not as a function of heartfelt desire and intention. Many such speak of and recommend emotional detachment and relational dissociation as well as self-abnegation and extinguishing self as desirable 'game' 'goals', for example.

My logic is that one can't 'reap' what one does not 'sow'. I could just be myopically not seeing, i.e. not 'sensing' ( to GS), something resembling what I think of as soul development in their cases, however. Conceivably, such as them may 'switch' games enroute as a result of becoming aware of the kinds of soul-development possibilities I speak of. [Here's a 'definition' for anyone wanting one: one's 'soul' is the living gestalt of one's personal mind-and-spirit 'constellation' - I refer interested readers to my treatise to anyone who wishes to consider and contemplate what I have presented here 'in short' in greater detail .]

Last edited by davidsun : 28-03-2020 at 12:50 AM.
Old 28-03-2020, 12:34 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
P.S. My best guess is that those (there seems to be many such in Hindu and Buddhist circles) who simply play the 'game' of getting off of what they regard to just be am endlessly round-and-round turning Wheel (think hamster cage wheel!) of Life and who think/feel/and/believe that they can't/don't have a potentially eternally self-sustaining soul will at best just manage to dissolve their 'i'dentities and not incarnate again, such that they end up being 'nothing' (or nothingness, possibly forever, thereafter. They way I see it (I am only imagining possibilities here!) IMO, such as them don't grow and develop a greater and greater capacity to experience and express Love and Joy in relation to and with others and Life Itself because they (at most) act 'lovingly' as a duty, not as a function of heartfelt desire and intention. Many such speak of and recommend emotional detachment and relational dissociation as well as self-abnegation and extinguishing self as desirable 'game' 'goals', for example.

My logic is that one can't 'reap' what one does not 'sow'. I could just be myopically not seeing, i.e. not 'sensing' ( to GS), something resembling what I think of as soul development in their cases, however. Conceivably, such as them may 'switch' games enroute as a result of becoming aware of the kinds of soul-development possibilities I speak of. [Here's a 'definition' for anyone wanting one: one's 'soul' is the living gestalt of one's personal mind-and-spirit 'constellation' - I refer interested readers to my treatise to anyone who wishes to consider and contemplate what I have presented here 'in short' in greater detail .]
Interesting take. I suppose it makes sense that wandering in the desert for a while helps to clear ones mind and discover who they really are (and are not). But the idea of staying out there forever does not appeal to me.
Old 28-03-2020, 01:00 AM
Master
Quote:
I suppose it makes sense that wandering in the desert for a while helps to clear ones mind and discover who they really are (and are not).
Jesus (reportedly) did a 40-day (wandering in loco) stint of that!
Old 28-03-2020, 02:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Oneness is oneness, Source, is Source, what you are is what you are .

There isn’t one thing and another .

You can’t prise apart Source energy from the appearance of a character role ..

There has to be an opposite in order for there to be something or other .

You can’t have male without a female comparison .

You can’t have a tall person without a short .

x daz x

Excellent observation. I resonate with what you have shared. Although, in human form I do think that discrimination has a spiritual significance, although not at the expense of having a fragmented perspective.

Humanity is like and ocean wave crashing on the shore, with each generation being a new wave, The human race, seemingly divided, is actually very cohesive. Some may look at it as a "game," but I view it as a dance, a rhythm in each generation and we all contribute to the tune of that rhythm.

It is inextricably one thing that is happening, a rhythm, a dance and not a game, in my opinion. And there are some who dance to the beat of a different drummer, they may be ahead of the curve, nonetheless they are still cohesive with the one, as we all are. There are no individual roles, for what some may call "better" or "worst" we all contribute to each other, as we are all connected in ways unfathomable.