Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 19-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Master
A great moment of truth approaches.

Over the next seven days, our Sun aligns with the heart of the Milky Way Galaxy. On Monday night, just hours before the Solstice, the Earth's shadow will cross the face of the Full Moon, collapsing time in a dimensional portal of infinite possibility.

Welcome to this year's Solstice. Standstill. Night of creation, ancient home.

The total eclipse of the Moon will be visible throughout the Americas. The effects will radiate beyond time and space to all sentient life, everywhere, carrying our hopes and prayers into the next millennium.

The alignment of the eclipse with the galactic core is a rare cosmic phenomenon and not a coincidence. It's connected with 2012 and the Mayan calendar, the cycles of Venus, the Earth and the Moon. This opening in the heavens signals a time of great change on Earth, of purification and enlightenment.

Deep, unmasked truth lies at the heart of this eclipse. Whatever darkness remains within our own hearts will be revealed. Within the interplay of shadow and light, secrets from the individual and collective unconscious are exposed in tones of raw emotions.

Suffering is transformed by the caress of perfect love.
Hm 21st Dec for us :)
Old 19-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Neville

Now I am really looking forward to this solstice.
Old 19-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
It is on the 21st is it not ? I have encountered a few that sat its the day before the solstice and in the UK it is cetainly on the 21st which is the solstice.

I loved the link Summerland and find myself looking forward to Tuesday the 21st because after then the days of the Sun begin to return. though I have gotten off very lightly with my customary SADs this year and been able to maintain a modicum of cheeryness.

Neville, I work nights and used to have SAD. It kept coming sooner and sooner every year. Now it is year round and one of the psych docs that I work with believe that it is because of my night shift schedule. The same thing happened to his mother who was a nurse who worked nights.
But to the solstice; those who do not get to see it, have no fear. It will still be happening whether you can view it or not.
Old 20-12-2010, 04:52 AM
7he4uthor

1 can find no site which offers local times and the converter charts for universal time have failed me.

I would like to know pacific standard time (date)
and eastern standard time (date)

Quote:

Partial eclipse starts:
Dec 21 6:33 UT
Dec 21 1:33 a.m. Eastern Standard Time
Dec 21 12:33 a.m. Central Standard Time
Dec 20 11:33 p.m. Mountain Standard Time
Dec 20 10:33 p.m. Pacific Standard Time
Total eclipse starts:
Dec 21 7:41 UT
Dec 21 2:41 a.m. Eastern Standard Time
Dec 21 1:41 a.m. Central Standard Time
Dec 21 12:41 a.m. Mountain Standard Time
Dec 20 11:41 p.m. Pacific Standard Time
Total eclipse ends:
Dec 21 8:53 UT
Dec 21 3:53 a.m. Eastern Standard Time
Dec 21 2:53 a.m. Central Standard Time
Dec 21 1:53 a.m. Mountain Standard Time
Dec 21 12:53 a.m. Pacific Standard Time
Partial eclipse ends:
Dec 21 10:01 UT
Dec 21 5:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time
Dec 21 4:01 a.m. Central Standard Time
Dec 21 3:01 a.m. Mountain Standard Time
Dec 21 2:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time

There won’t be a total lunar eclipse this far north on the sky’s dome until December 21, 2485.
Old 20-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Guide
Here's some more I found.

The total phase of the upcoming event will be visible across all of North and South America, as well as the northern and western part of Europe, and a small part of northeast Asia, including Korea and much of Japan. Totality will also be visible in its entirety from the North Island of New Zealand and Hawaii — a potential viewing audience of about 1.5 billion people. This will be the first opportunity from any place on earth to see the moon undergo a total eclipse in 34 months.

Can't wait!
Old 20-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Neville

One of the more defining facts about this full Moon have become much apparents in incidents of misunderstanding and in some cases acronimity bordering on agression in some of the people that have crossed my circle . is it just me?

I do know that the week before Christmas can be a very pressurised time, I know that the full moon is an issue as it builds for many. This one is somewhat special in that the Full Moon is going to be eclipsed which mught in some way interfere with the usual psychological and emotional energy that a full moon usually exerts.

I am watching the events in North and south Korea very closely and hope that it remains simply saber rattling. I have also noted that Japan and China seem to experiencing some political acronimity. I hope that this all sorts itself out after the eclipse.
Old 20-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
One of the more defining facts about this full Moon have become much apparents in incidents of misunderstanding and in some cases acronimity bordering on agression in some of the people that have crossed my circle . is it just me?

I do know that the week before Christmas can be a very pressurised time, I know that the full moon is an issue as it builds for many. This one is somewhat special in that the Full Moon is going to be eclipsed which mught in some way interfere with the usual psychological and emotional energy that a full moon usually exerts.

I am watching the events in North and south Korea very closely and hope that it remains simply saber rattling. I have also noted that Japan and China seem to experiencing some political acronimity. I hope that this all sorts itself out after the eclipse.

Neville, I hope that it does not make full moon madness worse. I work in psych and work tonight !
Old 21-12-2010, 06:17 AM
Master
I'm off and I worked last night and it's pouring with rain so I can't see the moon but before I go to sleep I'm going to pray for good things for earth, and for myself and family and friends.
Spiritlite.
Old 21-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Neville

There has been as far as my sensitivities are concerned an easing of the heavy vibrations that led up to this full moon and eclipse. My feeling is that the tension has not disspated as quickly as it usually would during a normal full moon and perthaps the eclipse did do something to interrupt that usual pressure release valve that is the full moon. It is worth rembering , while considering all this that in the Northern hemisphere today is the shortest day and therefore the archetypal "bleak mid winter", with that in mind some emotional malaise may take a little time to lift.

It's all good though. The planetary conjunction, eclipse and full moon seem to have passed without too much in the way of upheaval. Now we can get to enjoying both Yule and Cjhristmas as we begin to see the moon lose its power until the New Moon on January 4th 2011 when it begins to grow again.
Old 21-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Master
Hi;
Last night I couldn't see it b/c is was cloudy so I went to bed meditating. And I had almost prophetic type dreams. I dreamt the aliens came and at first there was sheer terror that we were all going to die. Then they started to heal us in all ways and we all started to feel so high on life and felt like earth was heaven, no one was working anymore we were all enjoying nature etc. Then they healed the animals. It was such a high during that dream feeling we were on heaven on earth.
Spiritlite