Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 14-12-2012, 08:21 AM
JazzJazz

I just seem to lack energy and I can sleep for 7/8 hours and still wake up tired. My flatmates sometimes make fun of me because I'll go to bed around 10/11pm but I honestly cannot stay awake any longer because I'm so tired. Aside from that, there's no other symptoms. I have no white flecks on my nails or anything like that.

Thank you again for the advice, it's really appreciated

@knightofalbion I've tried hazelnut, almond, coconut and rice milk before. I usually tended to go for soya because it was cheaper. I bought some organic milk today but I think I'll give the other milks a try too
Old 14-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Master

What protein sources are you actually eating? Are they complete protein foods? (See the 'Red Meat' thread in 'Health' again)

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 14-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJazz
I just seem to lack energy and I can sleep for 7/8 hours and still wake up tired. My flatmates sometimes make fun of me because I'll go to bed around 10/11pm but I honestly cannot stay awake any longer because I'm so tired.
Are you physically weak or is it that you just feel like you can't stay awake?
Old 15-12-2012, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
I see you're in England....

Soya milk here is GM-free. You can get organic soya milk, but obviously you have to pay a bit more for it.

Webste of the market leader

http://www.alpro.com/uk/faq

Other plant milks are available aside from soya - almond, hazelnut, rice, coconut and oat

Knightofalbion, is it possible to make cheese with any of these milks? Though I never cared for milk or used dairy products generally except butter,
I used to absolutely adore cheese, and do miss it since going Vegan.
By the way I'm in England too.
Old 15-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Master
I am not vegan but I do wish all cows were kept in the fashion described in this link

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...-dairy-farming

Then there would be little if any guilt associated with using the milk, the cows would probably happily give it.

If only the govs would catch onto these things, subsidise and expand them.
Old 15-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Knightofalbion, is it possible to make cheese with any of these milks? Though I never cared for milk or used dairy products generally except butter,
I used to absolutely adore cheese, and do miss it since going Vegan.
By the way I'm in England too.

Numerous vegan cheeses are available!

These are the market leaders...

http://www.buteisland.com

More info on vegan cheese...

http://www.vegansociety.com/lifestyl.../vegan-cheese/

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 15-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator
Knightofalbion, thank you so much for those links! I can't wait to try some of the cheeses.
Old 16-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Severina

I used to feel tired in the morning for years and I am not Vegetarian(this will change soon) and eat lots of fruts and veg. and nuts.
Finaly I realised it is something else not the food. I changed my bed position. My head was facing south which I found to be very wrong and it is facing now east. I also bought a mattress topper to make sure my bed is smooth and soft.
All this worked for me.
Old 16-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Master
I do that, thought East was supposed to be best (think there are various directions depending on what you want) I also was wondering if the hemisphere you were in mattered, as I sleep facing Eastish, but this may have been recommended by someone on the opposite side of the world and I may be sleeping in the opposite direction I am supposed to.
Old 16-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Severina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
I do that, thought East was supposed to be best (think there are various directions depending on what you want) I also was wondering if the hemisphere you were in mattered, as I sleep facing Eastish, but this may have been recommended by someone on the opposite side of the world and I may be sleeping in the opposite direction I am supposed to.
East is the right direction wherever you are based because the sun is rising from east and there is something to do with the energies coming from the Sun. So you will never go wrong if you choose to sleep with your head pointing to the east. It will give you good sleep and clear mind. I know for sure now that south is the worst possible. For the rest there is a lot of information in internet but I found it quite confusing because everyone gives different story.