Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-07-2011, 08:21 PM
nightowl

I long as I can remember I always knew there was something greater than myself, the connection was always there for me. I have always been on the journey.

nightowl
Old 05-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Deactivated Account
My spiritual development started gradually since my childhood but since a Kundalini awakening last December things have speeded up rapidly.

As a child I followed the Christian faith - I believed in God and prayed very fervently. My mum was Christian and my dad Jehovah's Witnes so religion was quite important in my family although it wasn't religiously dominated. My family life was generally very dysfunctional though and I turned to my ideas about God to escape. I also turned to fantasy through stories and TV. Looking back, my creativity was clearly a source of spiritual strength.

At age 18 I started to explore other avenues such as spiritualism and reiki. I became very ill and started to explore alternative therapies too. In my late twenties my marriage broke down, my child was diagnosed with autism and to cope I started seeing a homeopath who had strong Shamanic/spiritual faith. She recommended the book 'The Power of Now.' It really started from there. I began to meditate and explore the idea of spirits being around us. I dipped in and out of this because I had other stuff in my life that took priority, including motherhood, but this really set the scene for my spiritual development. I have always focussed on the meaning of life and tried to make sense of it all.

I joined this site in 2007 when I was heavily into reiki and spiritual healing. Last year lots of really awful stuff happened and I began to really grow as a human being. I visited two mediums and recieved evidence that we live on after death. I think my Kundalini opened as a result of all this. Last December I had a sudden awakening which left me very psychic. I feel blessed.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:47 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
My spiritual development started gradually since my childhood but since a Kundalini awakening last December things have speeded up rapidly.

As a child I followed the Christian faith - I believed in God and prayed very fervently. My mum was Christian and my dad Jehovah's Witnes so religion was quite important in my family although it wasn't religiously dominated. My family life was generally very dysfunctional though and I turned to my ideas about God to escape. I also turned to fantasy through stories and TV. Looking back, my creativity was clearly a source of spiritual strength.

At age 18 I started to explore other avenues such as spiritualism and reiki. I became very ill and started to explore alternative therapies too. In my late twenties my marriage broke down, my child was diagnosed with autism and to cope I started seeing a homeopath who had strong Shamanic/spiritual faith. She recommended the book 'The Power of Now.' It really started from there. I began to meditate and explore the idea of spirits being around us. I dipped in and out of this because I had other stuff in my life that took priority, including motherhood, but this really set the scene for my spiritual development. I have always focussed on the meaning of life and tried to make sense of it all.

I joined this site in 2007 when I was heavily into reiki and spiritual healing. Last year lots of really awful stuff happened and I began to really grow as a human being. I visited two mediums and recieved evidence that we live on after death. I think my Kundalini opened as a result of all this. Last December I had a sudden awakening which left me very psychic. I feel blessed.
I also read that book "The Power of Now" And his other books as well. In the back on "Practicing the Power of Now" There are many other books he recommends reading by other Spiritual Teachers/Masters. THe real game changer for me was "conversations with God" Then the Power of Now. There's another book I want to read by a PhD. and the president of The intuitive network called, "The root of Consciousness." Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:22 PM
mattie

Slowly, Then A VERY Strong Urge To Seek Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
I'm curious in how you all came to spirituality?

I didn’t know it then, but mentally walking away from my parents’ religion as a young child was one of the first steps in being open to new ideas about spirituality although I didn’t get the strong urge to take more than a casual interest in various new age subjects for decades. After reading about various metaphysical issues, the natural pull (& revulsion) about certain things as a child as well as unusual ‘dreams’ I had that seemed very real suddenly had context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
How did your journey start?

Feeling a unexplained & strong urge to find out about some metaphysical things. I had always been interested in these issues since childhood, but had never felt such a strong urge to seek information. It was like I was looking for something, but didn’t quite know what it was. LOL. Since then I’ve read about many others also having this classic awakening experience w/ the same unexplained impulse. I found my self soaking up information like a sponge & having unexplained guidance (that I soon learned was from HS) about this information, feeling strongly some of it was correct while other information wasn’t.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:52 PM
moke64916

I feel the same way about HS. I ask questions to my higher self, first starting with different techniques of communication. I ask a question I think I have no idea what the answer would be. Then I wait. And all the sudden a stream of thoughts put into words explains in detail the questions I ask. And it all makes perfect since when doing do. And after I ask questions and receive answers. I might watch something on TV or from others that are highly intelligent. And my answers I receive are correct. Before Steven Halkings came up with his Newest Theory about what happens with black holes. I had the answer from my higher self already and it is exactly what Halkings is talking about today. Any scientific question I ask I receive an answer to. Even names of chemicals. And questions about how to get past a certain issue. Before I ever read any book from Spiritual masters by higher self always said to stay present in the moment. How thoughts work, any question I ask, I receive.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Seperate_Reality

Even at a young age I was spiritual, but it did not register, because it was natural and my family were not religious or spiritual. I really had nothing to compare it too. I believed in God, but could not explain why. Later on I found my non faith-based spiritual religion and realizations started pouring in, because of the correct and exact spiritual knowledge that it contained. My search had ended and I did not even realize I was searching until I found what I was searching for. I realized my "belief" in God was actually a Spiritual Sense or a sensing of a higher truth, with God being the highest truth.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:37 AM
autumnlady

I had a NDE experience at the age of 11 after being hit by a car. From that moment I knew that we could exist outside of our physical body. After that experience I became deeply interested in spiritual matters and now at the age of 54 I still am. It has been (and still is) a wonderful journey of exploration.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Heptasteros

My journey began when I was a little girl, a strange little girl who made friends with spirits hidden in the shadows, who spoke strange words and did strange things and knew things that a small girl should not be able to know. A strange little girl whose parents unearthed her strangeness, and decided that Jesus was the name with which to utterly crush her spirit, and thereby save her soul from what they in their fearful ignorance called, "demons"...

My journey has taken me through true horrors, through nothing short of Hell on earth. But somewhere between the crushing defeats came a willpower to BE, damn all the odds. From under the feet of murderous zealots and smirking abusers, I clawed my way out and learned how to Become - with a hand clasping mine, a hand of a man who above all else was determined to Be, with me. And that is perhaps all there really is to say. :)
Old 08-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Angel247

Sad but life changing story!

I actually started gettng into new age spirituality when my 5 week old son died. I just needed to know where is was and everything that i had learned as a child in the luthern church just didn't sit right with me. I alway's questioned it. So, when my son died I started to read books about angels and one thing lead to the other and I am now awakened and happier then ever. And I have my son to thank for that!
Thanks Ethan!!
Old 08-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Deactivated Account

Mine started one day when I was watching Charmed on TV and thought 'Just what is this like in real life?'.

Off I went to investigate. After the episode had finished ofc!