Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 29-10-2012, 02:26 AM
Master
Stop factory farming now!

It is within our power to pressure supermarkets to supply food that has been treated in in more natural kinder ways.

Next time you buy look at the labels, buy free range & organic stuff for your own health and for the animals welfare.

We can change the way the world is, and it is within our power to do it. If we all make the choice and encourage others then kinder methods of farming will become the only way.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Search

I'll try my best. I first need to break the addiction of eating the garbage they sell, then perhaps ... I can make better choices.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Search
I'll try my best. I first need to break the addiction of eating the garbage they sell, then perhaps ... I can make better choices.

Funny you should use the word 'addiction'......Here are just a few recent links to articles on it>>>

What Started the Obesity Epidemic in America?

This Substance Fools Your Metabolism - and Tricks Your Body into Gaining Pounds

New Report Shows How You Get Addicted to Diet Soda

This is just a start of the articles you can find at mercola.com about the trouble with processed food and frast foods.

These are slightly off topic ~ You can find articles about factory farming there, too.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:42 PM
amy green

Lightworker - whilst I admire the motive for your OP, I also know the reasons that factory farming exists - at least here in U.K. (So am not optimistic about it ever ceasing). Ultimately it's because of economics, i.e. producing cheaper food. It seems profit over quality is a well worn state of affairs. Anyway, this is by way of highlighting what you are up against, just in case you may not know...don't mean to dissuade you in anyway. Good Luck!

On the positive side, I have noticed (here in U.K) more organic and free range foods becoming available - obviously reflecting consumer demand. I always buy organic whenever possible.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:40 AM
primrose

True vegetarians, don't have to worry about factory farming. We don't eat anything that is farmed.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:47 AM
primrose

Srorryl it's me again, I meant to say animals that are farmed.Of course I eat vegetables.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Master
The thing that has changed with us is now the Internet is here and people have digital cameras e can see what's going on and it's no longer hidden. When people see they change.

A belief of mine which I am not sure how valid it is that if you consume something happy then you consume the happiness too.

If you consume something suffering then you consume that too. It seems more logical to eat natural food in its natural state
Old 02-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
It is within our power to pressure supermarkets to supply food that has been treated in in more natural kinder ways.

Next time you buy look at the labels, buy free range & organic stuff for your own health and for the animals welfare.

We can change the way the world is, and it is within our power to do it. If we all make the choice and encourage others then kinder methods of farming will become the only way.

Better still, do not buy/consume animal products. That way animals will not be farmed at all therefore farming will not hurt animals.

Simple.

Peace and love to all.