Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 29-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Rin

Sooner or later we are all going to die.
Does it matter much when that happens?
Old 29-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
Sooner or later we are all going to die.
Does it matter much when that happens?

It might be of relevance to some people
Old 29-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Master
It's relevant to me as my beautiful granbaby eats rice cereal.

Xan

Old 30-09-2012, 12:54 AM
iolite

I sincerely doubt that washing would be of much help as the grain is above ground and the arsenic is probably absorbed thru the plant's roots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrose
Dream Angel, I read it in my local newspaper about week ago. It said the soil where rice is grown is contaminated. It suggested washing the rice but like Berry says would'nt that wash away the nutrients? Considering the millions around the World that eat rice, I guess I should'nt be too worried.
Old 30-09-2012, 01:33 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
A conspiracy theorist might say something like;

Well they gotta control population somehow.

But then of course, you already know, there are other poisons( all be it slow acting ) we ingest regularly e.g. Fluoride, Aspartame and doubtlessly others too,
I think it's more an intent of keeping human beings enslaved to this **** reality of third density consciousness by severing their connection with anything higher. The toxins probably target stuff in the body, like fluoride accumulates in the pineal gland.
Old 30-09-2012, 03:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Is there anything that's safe to eat anymore? Even organic foods and soils aren't necessarily safer than non-organic foods and soils.

I figure that study about organic foods not being safer or better was probably put up by some folks who could profit from it. It doesn't make sense, does it?

As for eating what's safe in a contaminated world... for me, I do a simple energy release method for clearing toxins now and then. It's easy to learn at:

http://MIRmethod.com and MIR -Method for self healing
- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=41211

I found this on a search:
"With regards to the idea that washing rice gets rid of nutrients on the outer coating: This seems to only apply to enriched, American rice."

I eat primarily Basmati which requires washing and I find it nourishing.

Xan

Thanks Xan. I looked up some recent articles on organic vs. inorganic soil test comparisons. You're right. It's a no brainer. And thank you too for sharing the MIR method. I will look into it.
Old 23-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Master
Aromatic rices like Basmati and Thai jasmine rice and rice grown in California, India, and Northern US states have lower arsenic levels than other rice.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...ion-brown-rice
Old 23-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Master

Rice sustains half the world's population!

Rice and beans are as good a meal as you can eat.

I'd recommend anyone and everyone to incorporate rice into their diet. Natural rice that is. Not the refined white rice that pervades the supermarket shelves.
Brown rice is much healthier and nutrient rich. The price is very reasonable too.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 29-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Master
Who might be funding this type of research?

Regarding alternates to regular milk, perhaps the dairy industry?

Rice Dream tastes better than dairy.
http://www.tastethedream.com/

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 29-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator
Maybe stick to organically-produced brown rice. The one I buy, from my local health food shop is very good.

Supermarket rice has started to taste really bad, and when it's cooking it doesn't smell good. I stopped eating it a while back.

I am wondering if "blanching" the rice with boiling water, shaking it about, then pouring off the water before cooking might help take off any toxins? Or might that destroy the B vitamins?

I also think baby rice products can be bought in health food stores.