Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 10-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Master

Hirandall, I am not sure about how to answer your last question, but I just wanted to say that I still am gathering information to do the post I mentioned a while back that I was going to make about different methods of handling or possibly reducing or overcoming OCD. I was going to post it earlier, but I kept finding more information, and wanting to revise and change how I would write up my post. I am gathering all this info because it is of personal interest to me and maybe it will help others too. Maybe when I get it together, something in it might be helpful to you. I'm really busy lately, and so I haven't had a whole lot of time to spend on it, so I'm not sure how long it will be before I finally post it. I just wanted to let you know I'm still working on it and that's why I haven't posted it yet, even though I had told you before that I would post it soon. Hope that things are going well and you find a positive way to deal with this.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Hirandall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
If I understand your question, yes it undoubtedly can be.

Also, since worries tend to be in one's head most of the time, they have a far stronger manifesting effect when you're seeking long-term results.

As to why the planet hasn't blown up yet in spite of hundreds of millions of people worrying about it, I suspect that there are good forces who manifest the Earth's longevity.

How do you understand my question?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Bodhi_Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirandall
This may sound very silly,but please read on:

So will bad things come true if you accidentally say(words or thoughts) something bad not meaning(and what if you mean it??) it?What do you think??Because I have this irritating OCD symptom that make me think "if I do this,X will happen".That or when I think of something then I thought of something awful ,then I immediately say in mind that these two things have no correlation but I feel that subconsciously I might have said the thing its just that I did not think of it consciously.Intrusive thoughts.I am scared it might be equivalent to cursing something or using the Law of Attraction to make something happen,hopefully not.

EDIT:I am a chinese and we have a taboo that we curse someone that a bad thing will happen to them,if it does happen we are partly to blame(not sure if other culture has this thing as well),besides what do you guys think about the Law of Attraction??? These two I think are among the main reasons I have this problem.thnks.

The most serious example I am currently facing is this scenarione day my friend came over my flat,and I was watching a youtube video about some video game character and suddenly i think i was overwhelmed by by OCD "seizure" and thought of something like "will he go to hell if I play this character",and then suddenly i thought of an image of me or someone saying yes,which i respond by thinking an image of a person (I think,I don;t remember 100%)saying no,and this "program" has transmitted over some other characters too,I am afraid of possibility of LoA somehow indirectly affect the outcome.Any ideas???I heard that thought is creative power ,I guessed my condition took advantage of that phrase.I pretty sure I won;t caused any to go to hell DIRECTLY but is that possible for indirectly channeling that power via LoA ("by corrupting someone")???

Ya,basically I afraid of an image of someone saying yes popping up when I think " Hey,if I do so-and-so will X(insert something bad("like somehow indirectly caused someone to go to h***" happen?)"I always question myself afterward (if this happens) should I risk doing this or that??That and I wonder while doing that thing once won;t cause any harm,what about doing those things again and again???Plus fear of it!

Besides,I have also think things that happened is G-d or some spiritual beings trying to show me a sign,sometimes I counteract my OCD by saying "ok if so-and-so happens then there is no such ocd deals or anything like that".

Thnks~~~

Well first of all let me say that's a good question. I've asked myself the same question many times as my girlfriend of three and a half years also has OCD. She has fought with OCD most of her life and has a very similar form of OCD. Psychiatrist call this form "intrusive thoughts". Her thoughts can range from silly to a little scary and I know they can be very hard for her to deal with at times.

Before deciding after many visits with the psychiatrist that she did indeed need to be on medication she was having a very difficult time controlling her thoughts. People in her family would tell her "Well just don't think about that." but when you have that form of OCD it's almost impossible at times to control your own mind. Along with the medication she takes I've found it helps her to distract herself when she's having any of these intrusive thoughts.

Basically whenever you have an intrusive thought or worry that you don't want, change your focus to something else. Practice thinking about things that you do want. Practice thinking positive thoughts. I know this is easier said than done but practice it like you're studying for an exam. When the thoughts come think of something you enjoy or something positive.

Well to finish this up the intrusive thoughts my girlfriend has have not yet come true. Some of these intrusive thoughts she has been thinking on and off for many years and none of them have yet come true. If you find that you can not get help from a psychiatrist or start medication to help you with your OCD you're going to have be as strong as you possibly can and work on healing yourself. A good book that may get you started in that direction is called Face Your Fears by David F. Tolin Ph.D.

I am in no way saying that my opinions or experience with OCD has given me all of the answers. However you have to find what works best for you my friend. I hope this helps if even a little bit and I will put you in my prayers.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:03 AM
Hirandall

hi Izzyga,thnks for for your reply.

Ok,basically it is this:Will worrying about whether an action is "cursed" make it such because you worried/thought about it,for example,in the facebook there are always messages like if you don't post/share this message,XXX will happen.Only in this case the person worried about it for months.After much thinking,I thinkn it is unlikely since it would imply creating an "invisible link" between these two events,afaik in LoA,you just attract "something" not some "invisible link",which means that if you don't believe it ,even if there were such things,it would cease functioning that way.But then is my subconscious mind too engrossed in it,that it might believe that it is real?How to know if my subconscious does not believe in those things at all?
Old 06-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Bodhi_Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirandall
hi Izzyga,thnks for for your reply.

Ok,basically it is this:Will worrying about whether an action is "cursed" make it such because you worried/thought about it,for example,in the facebook there are always messages like if you don't post/share this message,XXX will happen.Only in this case the person worried about it for months.After much thinking,I thinkn it is unlikely since it would imply creating an "invisible link" between these two events,afaik in LoA,you just attract "something" not some "invisible link",which means that if you don't believe it ,even if there were such things,it would cease functioning that way.But then is my subconscious mind too engrossed in it,that it might believe that it is real?How to know if my subconscious does not believe in those things at all?

Well, what I can tell you is from this set of questions it is apparent that you do indeed suffer from a form of OCD. I'm not saying this to be rude but my earlier suggestion still stands, go read the book I suggested and work on healing yourself. I'd also recommend leaving this forum all together. You see people with OCD will constantly seek reassurance from other people, religion, or spiritual practices. You will always be looking for the answers to "should I worry about this?" or "what if this happens should I worry?" because you have OCD. In other words it can and probably will if it isn't already become "obsessive".

The only answers I can give you is to ask you some questions. What do you think? Has anyone you've known or have you ever heard of something like that happening to anyone? If you were to think about it is it logical? Personally I've found and believe the Law of Attraction to not be true. Well it can work but it's not because you think about something all the time. It's because your focus on something you want gives you motivation to work hard on your goals. In other words it lights a fire under your ***.

So in closing leave these type of forums behind unless it's to learn how to meditate and clear your mind. Practice using your logical mind when these questions do come up for you, and learn to replace those OCD thoughts with positive ones.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Starshade

yargh! just typed up a nice long response and then my session was timed out and I lost it!!!!! WEEEEEAAKKK!!!

Well, here's the truncated version:

I have OCD as well. I have the exact same worry, that I will manifest my OCD thoughts.

Trying to come to a place of clear and concise positive affirming when in the grip of OCD can be like trying to do a crossword while being pepper sprayed.

I often am so distressed by the intrusive thoughts that I have come to rely on two basic approaches to dealing with this frame of mind:

1) Giving myself permission to not be distressed that I might manifest the OCD thoughts. It sounds kinda simple, which it is, but it works. It's actually sort of an affirmation in itself, since it is saying to yourself "I deserve to feel good and I deserve to manifest the highest vision of my life".
For a long time I was distressed because not only was I worried I would manifest the OCD thoughts, but I was sad that I was spending all my energy fighting bad thoughts, instead of nurturing positive ones.

2) Take care of yourself as best you can. Eat well, get as much rest as possible, exercise, meditate, don't drink, don't do drugs. Anything you can do to create a harmonious and positive lifestyle will be reflected in your thoughts.

3) Don't get frustrated by manifestation teachers/students who don't have OCD over simplifying what you "should" do to become a master manifester. Since people with OCD face a much different mental environment than non-OCD people, the advice they have largely misses the mark for someone like you (or me). Your path is different than theirs and you will have to find out what works for you. That's a tough pill to swallow, but you just need to find out where your strength is and stay there.

Hope this helps

Love

Starshade
Old 03-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Hirandall

^Hi,because my intrusive thought is like those fb trolling messages like" if you don't share this,XXX",so I am a bit worry if the said thing really coincidentally happened,i might start getiing paranoid. ..