Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 27-05-2011, 08:36 PM
aura5000

novice in meditation

Hello, apologies if I am asking questions already answered, but here I go. I am as the title states a novice to meditation.
I achieve a good state of meditation quite easily, from that level of meditation that I attain, I am sure that I have opened my third eye. I do not receive the vibrations that third eye books on the subject suggest that I should. However, I receive all the expanding and contracting range of stunning colours that suggest my third eye is functioning correctly! (minus vibrations).

Some of the colours are so intense, I weep with humility and awe. My question is, where do I go from here?. I have been meditating regular for the last 3 months, having had a break for 20 years.

I have appealed through my third eye for assistance with a spirit guide, but so far nothing. I do not get any visions either, as the book indicates that I should. I know it sounds like I am impatient, but I really neeed to know if I am on the right track. If so what comes next?. What can I prepare for?

One other thing, I have learned in this comparitively short period of time to see aural colours on EVERYTHING. Slightly more disturbing, is I cannot seem to switch it off either!. If I look at a blank wall, a swirling bank of colour will manifest, very light green to yellow in shade, beatifull to see, but some times distracting in work!

If anyone can give me advice I would be most gratefull.

Pete
Old 03-06-2011, 07:08 PM
aura5000

Anyone reccomend a spritual site that has the minutest interaction?....................
Old 04-06-2011, 03:27 AM
Master
aura... One of the challenges of meditation practice is to let go of preconceptions and expectations about what you 'should' experience. For instance, not everyone gets vibrations with third eye opening.

The highest purpose of meditation is to come into awareness of your true nature, and how that happens is unique for each of us. To go deeper in your spiritual work learn to let go and open up to whatever is coming into your experience.

Here are two meditation articles that can give you more understanding:

Three Steps into your true nature - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...2551#post32551

An inner self meditation - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=16446

Xan

Old 04-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by aura5000
Anyone reccomend a spritual site that has the minutest interaction?....................

I wasn't sure... so many things there that my head was swirling in colours.

I don't understand things. If there are swirling colours I would think that swirling colours are simply swirling colours and the feelings that come are just the feelings that come. I wouldn't appeal for anything at all. I'd just meditate (remain silent and still) and accept whatever might happen as it happens.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:02 AM
lucky

Just two piece of advice given in all sincerity and honesty and hope that these advice will be of some help to you..

1) Change your diet to vegetarian / vegan if you are serious about meditation and want to do it on a daily basis. This is for your own protection and to attract blessings to yourself, instead of attracting negative energy.

2) Find a living Master who teaches meditation to teach you. You can still learn simple form of relaxation / meditation, but then with a living Master you can count on someone's advice and help when needed.

Namaste !
Old 05-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
I have appealed through my third eye for assistance with a spirit guide, but so far nothing. I do not get any visions either, as the book indicates that I should. I know it sounds like I am impatient, but I really neeed to know if I am on the right track. If so what comes next?. What can I prepare for?

Pete

Hi Pete,

If I told you a herd of elephants were walking and screaming across your computer screen can you imagine (see and hear) right now? If I asked you to visualize your best friend, what is he/she wearing? What's the color of their hair, skin, eyes.....can you see all this in your mind?

Have you ever daydreamed? Daydreaming relaxes the mind. With the mind holding imaginative thoughts, brain waves are slowed and the right hemisphere is activated. The right hemisphere connects the creative mind with the universal mind.

We are each gifted with five senses. Sight, hearing and touch are the most common. When you receive information intuitively it will appear in the form easiest for you and through the sense you are strongest and most comfortable with. Try to notice when your intuition prompts you, where it's coming from? Did you hear a voice, feel it within you or see it visually? (From you post you seem to be an emotional (empathic) person) The more you develop your strongest sense the other senses will eventually come into alignment with it.

This may help One way to find your third eye is to close your eyes and feel your focus shift up slightly. If you need to, open and close your eyes a few times to find this shift. Don't roll your eyes backward to look up; this could cause a headache.

When you have a 'knowing' of where the focus shift is, try letting your focus shift up in the same way but with your eyes open. Do it gently; don't force it. This should give the sensation of looking out of your eyes and out of your mind/forehead at the same time. This shift of focus awakens psychic vision, which is [also] used to see auras.

I'm sure there are many exercises on the net to develop the senses. If you'd like, I could send you more info.....just pm me
Old 06-06-2011, 01:34 AM
HBuck72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
aura... One of the challenges of meditation practice is to let go of preconceptions and expectations about what you 'should' experience. For instance, not everyone gets vibrations with third eye opening.

The highest purpose of meditation is to come into awareness of your true nature, and how that happens is unique for each of us. To go deeper in your spiritual work learn to let go and open up to whatever is coming into your experience.

I agree enjoy your experience, and live it as it comes. Don't be concerned if your experiences aren't exactly matching what you "should" be experiencing. We are all unique souls (part of the infinite but unique at the same time), so each of us experience things differently.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Hello, apologies if I am asking questions already answered, but here I go. I am as the title states a novice to meditation.
I achieve a good state of meditation quite easily, from that level of meditation that I attain, I am sure that I have opened my third eye. I do not receive the vibrations that third eye books on the subject suggest that I should. However, I receive all the expanding and contracting range of stunning colours that suggest my third eye is functioning correctly! (minus vibrations).

Some of the colours are so intense, I weep with humility and awe. My question is, where do I go from here?. I have been meditating regular for the last 3 months, having had a break for 20 years.

One other thing, I have learned in this comparitively short period of time to see aural colours on EVERYTHING. Slightly more disturbing, is I cannot seem to switch it off either!. If I look at a blank wall, a swirling bank of colour will manifest, very light green to yellow in shade, beatifull to see, but some times distracting in work!

If anyone can give me advice I would be most gratefull.

Pete

Sounds like you are out of balance. You focus on your third eye at the expense of the rest. Remember that your 6th chakra (your third eye) is only one of seven. And even the chakras are far from all when considering things to meditate about. When in doubt start at the bottom and work your way up. Ground and consider your lower chakras. This should bring balance to your perceptions.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:36 PM
aura5000

novice

Wow! that old saying springs to mind, when desperate for a bus there are none about. When not looking for a bus, several turn up all at once!

Can I just say many thanks for all your kind responses, it has given me more than enough to work through to find out where I am (and going?) I have ordered a couple of books on Chakras from the states, I would hope that this will assist in my quest.

I know that I have a very long road to travel, but I am deterrmined to take the trip, with a smile on my face and warmth in my heart, for what I know lays ahead.......

Once again I am truely gratefull for your help.

Pete

PS,

Does anyone think that I have I actually activated my third eye??
Old 08-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Does anyone think that I have I actually activated my third eye??

The exercises at this link will help you with that.
http://www.telepathyacademy.net/exer...win_flame.html

Best Wishes!!
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/