Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-08-2006, 08:35 AM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
I like the way this thread is going guys and gals,
I have struggled with the whole, `We actually know nothing ` concept for years.
1) We are told by classic eastern philosophy thAT THIS WORLD IS AN ILLUSION (MAYA). (oops pressed the caps key by mistake, sorry folks , I`m not making any resounding statement here, just couldn`t be bothered to delete and re type, Do you guys ever get that???)

2) For the most part those of us who discuss spiritual matters here have (and I apologise to those of you that have definite serious undeniable experiences) very few tangible definite experiences so our discussions are really just philosophical debates, that take place through the illusion of maya. It makes me laugh sometimes when people get upset or worked up because their `Point of view` is attcked or criticised by another person, when in truth non of us no any bloody thing really!!!

Firstly, if this turns out to be a double-post, sorry but my last reply came straight in after your's peteyzen.

There are countless concepts as to the workings of the world, which I think most people struggle with weighing-up simply because of this fact! Regardless, I agree with you that these discussions are philosophical debates but listen because this is KEY.

The more that people keep communicating and keep discussing, the closer we will all be to different truths. I have only attended this forum for a few weeks yet the more I discuss AND listen, the more I feel that I am learning TRUTHS.

However, peteyzen, to say that none of us actually bloody know anything is a misconception. Human beings know many things. The only thing stopping us from learning certain truths is our lack of spiritual discipline and an inability to listen to each other.