Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 16-12-2014, 07:28 PM
Master
Letting Go

Why do people fear letting go so much?
Old 17-12-2014, 07:07 AM
Suspended
Resistance, fear, blockages, the mind chattering rather than still...

If you have a certain peace of mind then you are not overwhelmed by disturbances and become 'much more than them'. From there you can break through your fears, etc.. And, the clouds will dissipate!

The other point is that karmically you may just have certain steps to go through in your life/lives.
Old 17-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Master

letting go is hard because they do not know where they are going. going somewhere. having a destination is easy. but the leaving one thing, without an idea of what is next is scary.

kk
Old 17-12-2014, 02:13 PM
sopranos33

I think people fear letting go is a mix of things, fear itself is a very tricky one to understand, also our ego can convince us we are letting go by using the teachings to let go, but in reality we aren't. also people maybe don't understand how to let go, so as to your question why do you think people are scared of letting go
Old 17-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Deactivated Account

Yeah, it's basically just fear.
Old 17-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Master
I definitely think an overactive mind doesn't help things. You're always thinking how you can control situations and people, when the truth is, you can't.
Old 18-12-2014, 01:35 PM
sopranos33

yes I agree. I think after being around a bit, " mindfulness " is the key, but we have to understand practising mindfulness and improving it is very difficult, but controlling our circumstances is impossible, so we might as well practice the first as its easier hehex
Old 18-12-2014, 01:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopranos33
yes I agree. I think after being around a bit, " mindfulness " is the key, but we have to understand practising mindfulness and improving it is very difficult, but controlling our circumstances is impossible, so we might as well practice the first as its easier hehex

Something I have noticed myself though, the more mindful you become the more aware you are of the waves that are really controlling your circumstances.
So then you can choose to change them consciously.
Old 18-12-2014, 02:31 PM
Guide
Fear of the unknown, is why we don't like to let go. If we let go of someone, something, what comes next? We don't like the unknown so we try to hold onto what we know and are comfortable with.

Letting go is the only way to expand and learn, thus grow. When we grow, the known becomes the thing that holds us back, and we want to expand our minds, thus our spiritual journey.
Old 18-12-2014, 03:00 PM
sopranos33

" Fear of the unknown, is why we don't like to let go. If we let go of someone, something, what comes next? We don't like the unknown so we try to hold onto what we know and are comfortable with. " SOOOOOOOOO TRUE