Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 27-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by avisitor
The offer was for a limited time. You failed. Now go away ... please.

Read this and let it sink in ...
"When there is no awareness, you are controlled by your notions and will do much to protect the truth of your beliefs."

Your offer to debate Buddhism with me expired ? If in business your goods MUST be of great demand or best selling .........that makes me more interested to debate with you .
Sincerely , I am sadden of "losing' a great oppurtunity to learn from you...but even TESCO have "sale offer" maybe a few times a year...so when you are offering to discuss with me next time ......please let me know okey .
My email is [email protected]
I am truly sorry if my words seems rude to you ..
Thanks
CSEe
Old 27-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by avisitor
I understand perfectly well your skepticism when others quote others. It use to drive me mad. But, now I just take everything as a learning experience for myself. I don't care what your or their agenda is anymore. I just take care of what is right for me. This way, I am able to keep an open mind and continue to learn.

Yeah, as you know, Buddhism isn't about faith. It is about learning and experiencing for yourself the truth you find. But, mostly about practice.
After all, even Buddha himself needed the practice to become awakened.

You kinda didn't address any of my questions........
Old 27-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Master
Let me tell you why no one will tell you all of this.
All of the information put forth here generates an image, a concept, an idea,
which becomes a powerful barrier to what is essentially the releasing of all ideas, all imaginings and all concepts.

This from Riverstone sounds like we shouldn't then put forth the information... but in his Self realization he does anyway.

The real challenge in spiritual growth is not to say things correctly, but to recognize when we are caught in concepts and let them go.

Xan

Old 27-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Let me tell you why no one will tell you all of this.
All of the information put forth here generates an image, a concept, an idea,
which becomes a powerful barrier to what is essentially the releasing of all ideas, all imaginings and all concepts.

This from Riverstone sounds like we shouldn't then put forth the information... but in his Self realization he does anyway.

The real challenge in spiritual growth is not to say things correctly, but to recognize when we are caught in concepts and let them go.

Xan

...and yet 'growth' is one of those concepts that Riverstone is refering to IMO. Once these words get in our heads, they play on us. If you were to ask him, I am sure he would agree in regards to the concept of "growth'.
Where is this guy anyway.........
Old 28-08-2012, 12:01 AM
amy green

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman

Yes, I too would like to know more about Riverstone - it would help put this thread into better perspective.
The OP is impressive though - whoever originally provided this lucid account of their zen experience.

Old 28-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Master
Quote:
...and yet 'growth' is one of those concepts that Riverstone is refering to IMO. Once these words get in our heads, they play on us. If you were to ask him, I am sure he would agree in regards to the concept of "growth'.

Yes, James... we all use concepts. What keeps us trapped in the limitations of the conceptual mind is clinging to them.

I don't know who he is but his words match my own experience.

If we get into picking apart every phrase and person and quote we'll miss the opportunity to get whatever clarity and inspiration might be available to us in the moment.

Xan

Old 28-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Yes, I too would like to know more about him - it would help put this thread into better perspective. The OP is impressive but is it even Riverstone's quote, i.e. avisitor just says it's a post from him. Curioser and curioser....!

Ha! I was thinking the same thing. Could it be one of those "I have this friend who wants to know........' lol
Come clean avisitor alias riverstone...we are on to you.
Old 28-08-2012, 12:06 AM
avisitor

Quote:
You kinda didn't address any of my questions........
Yes, I kinda did ... however not in the way you expected.
Sorry that I don't live up to your expectations.
Will try better next time ... hahaha

Quote:
Ha! I was thinking the same thing. Could it be one of those "I have this friend who wants to know........' lol
Come clean avisitor alias riverstone...we are on to you.
Sadly it is not me. I'm only a novice.
Old 28-08-2012, 12:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Yes, James... we all use concepts. What keeps us trapped in the limitations of the conceptual mind is clinging to them.

I don't know who he is but his words match my own experience.

Xan

I honestly cannot think of a concept that is not clinged to. Why not let go of concepts altogether?
Old 28-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Master
We have to use concepts in this modern world but we don't have to get bogged down in them. Why not just keep letting go ongoingly?

Whether it's concepts or self image or familiar feeling patterns, it's only the clinging and resisting that keep us trapped in the limitations of the mind.

Xan