Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 04-01-2015, 12:17 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacity
Because they haven't seen the movie Frozen...lol
In all seriousness, we don't know what other people fear or feel. It takes a lifetime to know ourselves.

It only takes a moment to stop and feel what is always there, in you when you listen to it all. :)

The mind tricks feelings into believing they don't exist at times..
Old 04-01-2015, 10:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen
Why do people fear letting go so much?

I was going to say something and then i saw your Pema Chodron signature and thought that is kinda what i want to say lolol.

So you see i want to say that letting go is also a kind of action and a co joining to things people and the world. I mean people often associate it with dismissal, i will dismiss you from the classroom ? i just say this because i think alot of people do associate letting go with dismissal, crushing and destruction. They often feel suppression is a letting go too. Suppression of thoughts and feelings can be useful i think in the short term and we all do that to various extents.

I suppose letting go then is measured, recognised, felt, accepted when we embrace the next part of our journey, whatever it might be. The human traits in the person or situation which use to drive us into despair and destruction are now recognised and we only have to take some deep breathes and call the new situation or person names under our breathes ? lol ..im just kidding that would be a sign of letting go to me.

I think letting go might also involve embracing the suffering we have endured and by doing so transcending it ..? that kinda thing ?

Also there can be a deep sadness and really hurtful tears involved in letting go ....if the poor heart
is the lock and door then the keys are the tears we cry and have cried. My signature by the way was informed by this song.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc3KRw6nN20 im listening to it ...and you know ive also moved on from it ...so the song doesnt resonate in the same way it did ...but thats ok ill write a letter of complaint to Dolores Keane she only lives down the road but thats another story lol ...ok peace and love. thanks for the opportunity to share. ps. So im gonna find a new song and a new avatar picture its coming folks so please get excited lolol im moving on right, im letting go !!!! lol >>>>

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 07-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Soraisu

Quote:
Because they haven't seen the movie Frozen...lol
I laughed :)

In a Theravada context, the act of thoughtlessly letting go produces vexation, fear and discomfort.

An interesting conversation between The Buddha and Ananda took place whereas the Blessed One explained that [here I'm using renunciation (formal rejection) in place of letting go] renunciation is good. [Letting go is also good.]

But his heart did not leap at renunciation, didn't grow confident, steadfast or firm, seeing renunciation as peace. [Similarly, one is not necessarily confident in the idea, resolute, or firm in letting go, seeing it as peace.] The thought then occurred to him: "What is the cause, what is the reason my heart doesn't leap up at renunciation, doesn't grow confident, steadfast or firm, seeing it as peace?"

The thought then occurred to him that he has not yet seen the drawbacks of sensual pleasures [in the case the drawbacks of holding on.] As well as not having understood the reward of renunciation [in this case, letting go], having familiarized himself with it.

It is truly embedded in one's natural thoughts and instincts to not let go, deeming it unnatural to let go. One's brain is naturally hard wired to log pain, suffering, fears and disturbances as a way of protecting the self; Ultimately the brain's sole purpose.

One often overlooks the drawbacks of holding on: uncertainty, afflicting verbal, physical and mental actions towards the self and others, living in the past, worry, unforgiving towards the self and others, doubt, fear, bitterness, envy, indifference, hatred, etc.

One often overlooks the rewards of letting go: firmness, happiness and joy among a variety of positive emotions, release, mindfulness and living in the present, confidence, forgiveness, love, selflessness, humility, etc.

By reflecting, one realizes they are in a state of firmly holding on.
By understanding the drawbacks of holding on, one can come to terms of being okay with letting go.
By understanding the rewards of letting go, one can be at peace with letting go.
By familiarizing oneself with letting go, one can let go.

What lovely and inspiring ideas the thought of letting go has sprung, leading us all to gaining more wisdom and insight towards ourselves and others :)
Old 07-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Deactivated Account

Great post Soraisu! Love it!
Old 10-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Yes, letting go is about acceptance and spiritual maturity. Respect of another's path. Loving them in their growth instead of just thinking about your own needs. Loving yourself enough to not mix up what they may think or do, with who you are and your path.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:16 PM
Deactivated Account
@Soraisu, loved that! :)
Old 10-01-2015, 06:29 PM
FollowBack

I don't think its fear, I think its something else.
I think people in general are afraid of change and most of us do everything to stay in status quo.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowBack
I don't think its fear, I think its something else.
I think people in general are afraid of change and most of us do everything to stay in status quo.

Being afraid of change is basically fear..