Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 08-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Knower
My opinion

If someone chose to share with me their deepest opinion on man buns, I might be amused. I might even find myself in agreement. But I wouldn't take it personally because I'm not a man wearing one.

But - when that same someone shares their deepest opinion on my bun, especially when I value their opinion - I might take that opinion personally (internalize it). I'll wonder what's wrong with my hair if they don't like it or I'll be extra pleased with my hair and ability to make it look good if they do.

The thing is - simply because the attention is moved from someone else's bun to mine, doesn't change the source of the opinion. This person's opinion about - anything - doesn't have anything to do with me - or anyone else. It has everything to do with what they think. And that's it. Nothing more.

So - this isn't to say that other people's opinions aren't important. It's to say - you may or may not agree. And then a cup of tea is always nice.
:)
Old 08-07-2017, 07:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro
If someone chose to share with me their deepest opinion on man buns, I might be amused. I might even find myself in agreement. But I wouldn't take it personally because I'm not a man wearing one.

But - when that same someone shares their deepest opinion on my bun, especially when I value their opinion - I might take that opinion personally (internalize it). I'll wonder what's wrong with my hair if they don't like it or I'll be extra pleased with my hair and ability to make it look good if they do.

The thing is - simply because the attention is moved from someone else's bun to mine, doesn't change the source of the opinion. This person's opinion about - anything - doesn't have anything to do with me - or anyone else. It has everything to do with what they think. And that's it. Nothing more.

So - this isn't to say that other people's opinions aren't important. It's to say - you may or may not agree. And then a cup of tea is always nice.

I highly disagree with all this!!

Seriously though, very nicely said and great sentiments. I couldn't agree more.

Would like to add I learn many a great thing when others disagree with my opinion. A lot of it things about myself, my behavior, and things I could say differently or better. When I need to make adjustments, pull in my own reigns, be more open to the thoughts of others. I learn also that I do not specifically care what others think of my man bun. In either case others are entitled to think whatever they want. It does not have to bother or please me either way. Sometimes it is a matter of another needing to express themselves. As anyone else has this need.

So though it is nice to hear when one's man bun looks spectacular, it also isn't so bad to hear you could pull that man bun back a bit tighter friend.

Very nice thoughts Micro Macro.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Lorelyen

Is this about affirmations?

Old 10-07-2017, 03:17 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Is this about affirmations?

Yes. That's why I put it here.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:45 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro

A great statement of the obvious - and yes, tea is always good.....with a Chelsea bun.

Aside: buns refer to a different part of the anatomy in the UK and I'm always pleased about flattering opinions. If you want me to buy you a drink tell me I have nice buns.