Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 27-04-2020, 06:44 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoDoll90
It just seems if things like adhd are real then psychic powers aren't real. If however psychic powers are real my adhd probably keeps my power weak. Before coming to terms with my adhd I use to think that I had the ability to see the future in dreams but now I think maybe those dreams later coming true was just coincidence. I want to believe in psychic powers again and that I have them but what's the point if my disability probably makes my powers weaker.

I think we all have the power to see the future in our dreams. In fact predicting the future is one purpose of dreams. Dreams do this by analyzing the past and present and projecting it into the future. Your mind does this while you are awake as well, but it is more preoccupied with the future a few feet ahead of you so the long term analyzing and planning gets drowned out by your thoughts. Perhaps the thing to understand is that there are not just one past and one future, but many many of each. Seeing ones own past and present more clearly is what allows one to better navigate toward the future that is most beneficial, which is not always the one the egoic mind wants. Anyway, the more you focus all of your thoughts on you ADHD, the less clearly you will be able to see your overall present and future possibilities. If one only walks about obsessed with watching their sore feet, they don't get very far and probably never get to where they wanted to go, and blaming their bad feet alone for this is no good.

It seems to me that if your disability is robbing you of your power it is doing so with your own consent as much as anything else. Every time you say I can't because of X, then you are giving more and more power to X. I know this because I have given up much of my own opportunities in life to X myself.

Anyway, for what it is worth, my perspective from this side of the keyboard is that for having an attention deficit, you seem to have no trouble paying consent attention to your ADHD, which paradoxically you seem to be using to rob yourself of motivation to take any actions to empower your future. IDK, but it is starting to sound more like Hyper Attention Activity Deficit to me. One thing you might do for starters is surf on over to the forums about mediums and such and see if they think having psychic powers (another idea which you seem to have no trouble paying constant attention to) is the key to all happiness in life. From what I have heard some people may even find them to be a burden and wish they didn't have them. And then go check out all the things that so many people with ADHD have been able to do. Lots of very successful people with ADHD, if you think it has doomed you, then perhaps you have been HAAD.
Old 27-04-2020, 08:00 PM
Seeker

So is dreaming of the future a psychic power or just our brain thinking of possible futures? All I ever wanted was to have psychic powers so I cant see how some people would consider it a burden to have them. I've heard that there have been successful people with adhd but still despite how successful they were they still had adhd so their success means nothing to me. I'd much rather believe I have psychic powers then adhd. If you ask me having adhd is much more of a burden then being psychic.
Old 27-04-2020, 08:23 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoDoll90
So is dreaming of the future a psychic power or just our brain thinking of possible futures? All I ever wanted was to have psychic powers so I cant see how some people would consider it a burden to have them. I've heard that there have been successful people with adhd but still despite how successful they were they still had adhd so their success means nothing to me. I'd much rather believe I have psychic powers then adhd. If you ask me having adhd is much more of a burden then being psychic.
All powers are psychic powers. You don't just see the future, you create it. You will tend to create the one you believe is the most probable. The more you believe you are probably doomed, the more probable it is that you will be doomed. You can wallow were you are and that will be your future, or you can resolve to do whatever you need to do to move on (including seeking any help you may need). From a scientific standpoint, sitting still in a chair, and getting up and doing something are both considered actions, and it is those actions that will shape your future.

Anyway, I will leave you to figure out what the best course of action for you to take is.

Good luck.
Old 27-04-2020, 08:30 PM
Seeker

Well then I think I'd much rather believe I have psychic powers then adhd as thinking I have adhd tends to make me unable to believe in myself. I just have one question though if I actually have psychic powers and not adhd then why does the adhd medication I take tend to be able to make me able to focus better then without them.