Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 09-04-2014, 01:17 AM
Nada

We do not choose who we love…. But..

We often hear that we do not choose who we love.

I agree with this statement.
Love is effortless fog of energy that sips through thickest barriers and permeate through heaviest locked gates.
Nothing can stop who, when, where, and why you love.
It just happens…. often when we least expect it, when it is most inconvenient, or even when we do not want it.

Although we do not choose the way we fall in love, we still have a choice on how we love….in my opinion.
We have a choice on how we handle our love and how we act on our love - I believe...

Today, I heard a very sad news from a longtime friend that I have known for more than 20 years.

She told me that her eldest son’s marriage ended in a divorce after only 2years. This shocked me since I have known her son and his background well…

Her eldest son is in his late 20’s now. A beautiful boy that I met when he was just a little boy and that I have seen him growing up to be a wonderful man. In fact, I stayed with his family when I was relocating between jobs many years ago. So, I got to know him well.

He really was a perfect child, well behaved, caring, always responsible, kind, and handsome (and he still is).
He was a smart kid, A student and the president of his high school class. He went off to university and landed a great job while continuing his graduate degree in a top program.

Few years ago, he married his childhood sweetheart, a beautiful girl that he met when he was only 15years old.
She became a dentist and they lived together for three years before their wedding.
They bought a house in San Francisco together where they wanted to live. Everything seemed to be in a perfect order for the perfect couple who had been in love for 10 years since their teen years. I remember how much she really wanted to marry him and was pestering him for an engagement ring.

After their wedding, his new wife started working for one of the dental clinics that were owned by another dentist, a man who was 12years older than her, an older man with successful business with money and influence.
In the pretend of discussing her promotion to a partnership in his dentist operation, he apparently started wooing and seeing her outside of their work place.

Then, they started an affair.

When my friend’s son discovered his wife’s infidelity, it broke his heart. He confronted the man but it did not stop the other man from seeing her.

As my friend told me with mother’s anguish how much pain that her son had to endure because of such heartless indiscretion and betrayal, my heart also cried for the gentle lovable boy who never hurt anyone.

I understand that those two may fell in love without their control. I can even understand that the other man couldn’t help himself from falling for her.

But she was a new bride who just married a man that she had loved for 10years. Besides being married, she was also his employee.

Why couldn’t he keep his boundary? Where was his morality?

If he really knew anything about love, he should left her alone.
Instead of seducing her away from her husband, he should let her marriage take its own course.

According to my friend, her son’s marriage was going through a problem before the affair and right after the wedding.
If the other man just waited for a while, he would still ended up with her anyway, without creating any karma, betrayal, and excruciating pain on her husband.

Although the lovers may be together, their love is forever tainted.
I don’t know how two people can be truly happy after causing such pain to another person.

My questions to you is…
Although we may not be able to control who we love,
Can we control how we love… without crossing boundaries?
Is it possible?
Or is it just impossible in some situation?

Please share your opinion and experience..
Old 09-04-2014, 01:24 AM
Deactivated Account
...as I was reading your description, the question came to me, "Does the older man really 'love' her or are they just having a physical affair?"

This is just my opinion, but if you fall in love with someone who is already married, and that person also falls in love with you, then I would think that you would wait for your love to end their commitment before entering into one with you...if not, what does that say about the quality of the "love"?

I'm sorry for your friend's son. It's a difficult experience to live through.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:23 AM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by muileag
...as I was reading your description, the question came to me, "Does the older man really 'love' her or are they just having a physical affair?"

This is just my opinion, but if you fall in love with someone who is already married, and that person also falls in love with you, then I would think that you would wait for your love to end their commitment before entering into one with you...if not, what does that say about the quality of the "love"?

I'm sorry for your friend's son. It's a difficult experience to live through.

Yeah... I wondered if the older man really loved her too...
For the destructions, pain, and heart breaks that his action caused, I hope that he actually does love her.
We can only hope...
Otherwise, it is just too senseless.

My friend's son has never been a player. He is a sensitive and serious kid. So, I don't know how he will be struggling with relationships after this experience....
I really hope that he meets his soul mate and finds happiness..
Old 09-04-2014, 02:26 AM
Master

Yes, we do choose who we love, way before we incarnate.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:34 AM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueClover
I will probably get into more discussion later. But I have to say, so many married women do hit on my husband. One story in particular that shocked me....We met this cute girl (bartender)at a night club(banker by day).Long story short; she asked my husband out ( a couple times) and gave him her number.We looked her up on facebook,and she was newly married!! She was this gorgeous Greek girl who had this fairy tale wedding,large white wedding gown with tons of bridemaids. My husband and I were laughing so hard.Who does that?!! Her excuse was that she was "unsure" and that marriage wasn't what she thought it was. FYI,my husband and I weren't flashy when we married,we went straight to friend of the court like two silly kids in love.

Anyways,I think a reason (among a million) that marriages fail so early is possibly because couples get into the pressure of "marriage" and the hoopla that it comes with. I think it's propagated in American culture to live by this fairy tail blueprint that includes a perfect wedding,perfect house,perfect careers.The blue print is heavily marketed in our culture for profit and social media bragging doesn't help. I think the truth of the matter is,many young adults( not all) need a lot of maturing,and this doesn't happen in your 20's. Just my OPINION!

Edit: sorry if I didn't completely answer the question,but I think at the end of the day,it would be wise for a person to end a commitment before they get into physical passion with someone else. I truly dont think you can control feelings,it's part of our human nature,but you can control your behavior and your actions.

Married women hitting on married men, here in USA ???!!!
I live in California. Yet I have not witnessed such thing...
But I was not paying any attention to such possibilities.
At my age, I am still so naive. LOL

Married bartender's excuse to having an affair is so funny (and extremely idiotic). "she was "unsure" and that marriage wasn't what she thought it was."
Yeah, when you are unsure about marriage, having an affair with another married person is the way to solve the problem. LOL
Where is a logic in this thought process? LOL Too funny!!
Old 09-04-2014, 02:47 AM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Yes, we do choose who we love, way before we incarnate.

But can we control how we love as human beings, within the set boundaries to prevent hurting others?
Old 09-04-2014, 02:57 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
Married women hitting on married men, here in USA ???!!!
I live in California. Yet I have not witnessed such thing...
But I was not paying any attention to such possibilities.
At my age, I am still so naive. LOL
Old 09-04-2014, 06:06 AM
livingkarma

This is truly sad ...
Only time will tell if its acutal love between the older man & the woman ..
I, like Muileag, also questioned if it is merely a physical relationship. I truly dislike infidelity to my core - makes me feel like spitting - its nothing but destructiveness that effects everyone that, is of course, if their loved ones are aware of the truth. Most notably the parents of the female. Even in today's society, a woman is still considered to be a *ho** or promiscuous on many accounts including an affair.

I've seen infidelity highly defended w/great passion by some on SF as being an uncontrollable urge when meeting a twin flame which, of course, dispells the theory altogether of working together for betterment. Its like comparing themselves to the fictional Vulcans from Star Trek who are powerfully driven by Pon Far to mate or die. Urges can be controlled w/the use of reasoning, ethics, morals & respectability to guard against grievous errors in judgement. Unfortunately, the woman choose not to use any of them to decide upon the affair which was important enough to risk her marriage. Some people outweigh such decisions for the adrenalin rush produced from pushing boundaries to see what they can get away with. I don't think in her wildest dreams she ever expected to account for the affair, instead, may have thought she would be the one to leave the marriage on her terms/at her convenience for whatever reason. She also may not have known what she wanted or what her lover's thoughts were on a full time relationship much less marriage.
If it were true love from the get go as some claim then it should have been strong enough to do the right thing by withstanding time w/patience till the person became free from their commitment ...

Uncovering the affair forced them into accountability as well as make a decision about their relationship. They may not have been ready to be together, but felt bound to it in order to disprove it as a fling in order to restore credibility w/family & friends to make it easier to accept them as a couple as well as welcome them into their homes ...
One thing, I'm absolutely certain of is that it tests their trust in one another on a daily basis. A relationship stemming from an affair is filled w/far more complexities than many people realize, which of course, is not necessary information unless of course it helps to deter a person whose thinking comes from below the belt. Unfortunately, I've witnessed many things in my lifetime such as this - I can only wonder why this *hi* is shown to me...
Regardless of could be transpiring, they chose this path for better or worse. As always, I feel compassion for grown adults whose stupidy was driven by ego ...

In addition, the saving grace for your friend's son is he will not be forced into dealing w/some other predicament that could've stemmed from her ease in lying, covertness, deception & disrespect ...
IMO, the most important thing is that he is free from karma debt ..
The onus is on them ...
I know this is a great concern of yours, but know that his broken heart will heal in time ...
And I do hope he is making every effort to do whatever it takes to come to terms w/the betrayal & anger for his own well being as well as to enable him to cultivate a new relationship w/out fear based any reservations ...
Old 09-04-2014, 06:41 AM
Deactivated Account

Nada, I am sorry to hear about your friend's son

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 09-04-2014, 06:43 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by muileag

this apparently doesn't hold true in the TF section.... I know, I know ... totally different as there are lessons to learn , things to experience, yada yada yada ......

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction