Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Closed Thread

Old 13-12-2006, 06:37 AM
Vajra

Unhappy how do i do it?

I have grown up eating meat and i have felt bad about it for a while, but i can't seem to live without it i was told i could bless it before i eat it, is this the best way to go about eating it? i still feel horrible about the way meat is manufactured and i really don't want to support it, but i can't afford vitamin supplements or a whole separate grocery list what is the best way to cleanse the energy of the meat before i eat it? is it good enough to do? i feel that the meat business will continue to grow and i can't do anything about it. The only way for it to cease is if everyone became vegetarian, and i highly doubt in this day and age that it will happen. please help me
Old 14-12-2006, 03:11 AM
BLAIR2BE

quick reminder Vajra, humans have teeth specially designed to cut and tear MEAT!! not that i condone the methods of meat processors, but when you are feeding a world, they cant all be dosed with a nice sleepy time medication or something. there are many fascets of manufacturing and processing meat. the "solutions" for the processing "problems" are not as easy as one may think. sorry, though, i cant help you with this one. i simply eat it, and try to enjoy the juicy goodness. for thousands of years, humans have been snapping chicken necks, spearing cows and buffalo down, etc. this was all a matter of survival and the methods have never been pretty. dont feel too bad, if man never ate meat (and utilized the byproducts such as hides), we probablly would have never survived nearly this long. long live meat!! (sorry, i know im no help)
Old 14-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Eduards

Vajra, maybe you need to eat meat?
We all are different. We all have different bodys, different Spiritual Evolution ""class"" ...
Old 23-12-2006, 02:05 PM
jeace

The first question we ought to ask ourselves is "What is WRONG with meat eating"?
That brings another question to mind, which is "What is the DIFFERENCE between eating animal meat or human meat?", or in other words, why is eating animal meat 'right' and human meat wrong?

Well, it all has to do with the emotions it arises on either the humans who eat the meat or the spirit who left the body behind.

There are and have been groups who eat (parts) of a deceased relative as part of a ritual paying their respects, and yet others who do the same with their deceased enemies to seal their triumph.

Then the question, is that right or wrong?

To those humans performing the 'ritual' it is the 'right' thing to do, and to outsiders it may be the most gruesome thing a human can do.

It all depends on the state of mind of the individual.
The whole world has decided that eating animals is 'ok' for their own reasons.

These reasons are based on the following premises:

1. Our body needs meat in order to survive.
2. Animals are not sentient beings like humans are.
3. We, humans, were created carnivours, thus that is nature.

Then what do YOU think, my friend?

If you necessarily NEED to analyze the facts before giving any answer, afraid of 'missing the mark', then here are some facts:

1. Our body does NOT need meat in order to survive. This is a fable, created solely by those whose interest lie in selling meat or rejoicing their palate.
Our body needs that which is found in meat, but also in other natural products, like tofu, for example.

2. So animals are not capable of experiencing pain, and fear? This does not even qualify as a fable, but it's nothing more than a cheap way to excuse our rough human nature.
We are so 'intelligent' that we force ourselves to believe that OUR measure of such intellect is what determines the worth of a living being.

3. Do we really require an answer for such statement?
What happened to the well accepted mechanics of EVOLUTION?
We see evolution as an involuntary process through which the world and its inhabitants grow, but we forget that WE ARE IN CHARGE oF EVOLUTION in our planet.

The world evolves, not only as subjected by natural events, but also, and especially by the influence of those who have the power to direct it...US!

Now, so far with the facts. Facts are just eventual accounts and information as based on our ability to comprehend those events.
So, I ask again, what do YOU think, my friend?
One advice is, don't wait to get the answers from other fellow humans who try to give you THEIR facts and reasoning.
What kind of answers are you expecting from those who still haven't found the most evident answers to a healthy emotional existence.
What kind of advice do you expect from those whose respect goes only to that which they have LEARNED to respect, and not to EVERYTHING and EVERYONE in their surroundings, from the FEELING, not knowledge, that EVERYTHING and EVERYONE deserves RESPECT.

You don't have to feel bad for eating meat, because not being AWARE is NOT a crime.
Eating meat is NOT a sin, but ignoring the pain and humiliation animals go through, BEFORE unwillingly offering their body to decorate our table and please our palate, is NOT very 'sentient' either, is it?

Humans use their tag (human) to denote a civilized act or feeling.
So we say "that's an inhuman act" when referring to a barbaric act...but, is being human really equivalent to being civilized?
Of course, there are MANY who are civilized, but it's certainly NOT the majority, and you know that.

If one eats meat UNAWARE of the suffering inflicted on other living creatures, then there is NO HARM intended.

If one watches a documentary or report on tv about this kind of abuse on animals, and decides to switch it out to avoid losing his/her apetite, then what kind of 'humanity' is that?...NOT one living by the HEART, my friend, and that much we should be able to recognize.

Who do you think will bring you closer to the awareness which can classify you as civilized?

Religion? Politics? Scientists? Phylosophists?

The answer is NONE OF THE ABOVE!

Humans love to 'atone' or synchronize their awareness with those who have a 'name' (a tag) in the physical world.
It is YOUR HEART alone which can make YOU aware.

You say that you feel you cannot affect the way the meat business continues to grow, and you are right, because ONE individual won't change the world, but ANY CHANGE, great or small, begins by ONE, and ONE more, and ONE more, and ONE more, and ONE more, etc. etc...

Or do YOU want to wait until the whole human race wakes up one day and decides to REASON with their heart?

This planet can only grow with the HELP of those who ARE AWARE, and you, my dear friend, can count yourself among that group.

The fact that you FEEL what's right from wrong, regardless of established notions, shows you are listening to your HEART.

Don't doubt the importance of your acts for this world.

You are second to NONE, and it's the weight of YOUR HEART that can bring the human race to a higher plane.

Don't wait for a shepherd to take your hand and lead you the way, my friend.

If I read your post I see a concerned individual with a HEART OF GOLD, who REALIZES (= FEELS) that something is NOT quite right.

So, you see? I have written a whole block of letters only to tell you something YOU ALREADY KNOW.

You don't need to change the world on your own, just contribute your part by BEING AWARE, and do what YOU FEEL is right.

Last edited by jeace : 23-12-2006 at 02:09 PM.
Old 23-12-2006, 02:57 PM
hari_s

dear friend, i must tell u that biologically human body is not suited for meat eating as we all think. i've forgetten the web link but u won't believe me, one of the physicians association website is fully dedicated to vegetarianism. becoz biologically n medically speaking, definitely vegetarianism is best.
but i feel i don't need to convince u that meat eating is not good, coz u sound like u dont want to but u becoz still enjoy the taste. i must tell u that i was a eating meat too. one day i went to the market. n i saw the way the killed the chickens. as i live in a muslim country, the custom here is to not kill the animal straight away but to severe the jugular vein n let the animal bleed to death. the sight of the chicken soaked in blood n struggling was all that took me to stop eating non veg. no religious theory, or health reason, just plain compassion. thats what should work for u too. i suggest u slowly cut down, at least red meat first. eat more vegetables n substitute. surely u'll b able to become a veggie.
Old 23-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Creator

Excellent post Jeace!! I particularly enjoyed the end . Well said !

Creator
Old 23-12-2006, 09:59 PM
nwc

hey vajra

meat is very challenging to quit eating because it's an addictive food. as all cooked foods are too regardless. expect withdrawls ect as one would with any addiction... but it can be over come.

you can try eating boca burgers in the frozen food department at any grocery store... in america at least. they are great tasting and can help decieve the hamburger.
nature burger mix is really good too.
portabella mushroom burgers..mmmmm!
the possabilities of substituion are endless.

healing food

activate your hand chakra... then imagine white light coming out and put your hand over food and move hand counter clock wise and invision the "negative" energies leaving. then move hand clockwise and invoke higher vibes ect. just follow your intuition.

man was not intended to eat meat. it occured during the ice age. since it wasn't given up ect (got addicted and perhaps inpaitent for seeking raw vegan foods ect) our teeth has changed to more canivor... cancer and illnesses ect have devoloped. our life span has been shortened an average 2-300 years..... ect and so on.

as far as vitiams ect... you can get this by eating fruits and veggies and nuts ect. seaweed has nearly everything our bodies need. just try to eat mostly raw so that the flame doesn't kill the vitamins.

perhaps you could find a nutritionist in your area that helps vegetarians and vegans ect.

i know blood type "o" has the most challenging time to not eat animals. but have heard some personal stories over the net how they have overcome this and have been raw foodist for years and no problems.
Old 27-12-2006, 03:25 AM
BLAIR2BE

Well, it is fact: for every major lifestyle or health “issue” there is an abundance of “scientific studies” and polls and doctors, on BOTH sides of the argument. What is it that makes an individual believe one or the other? A personal choice perhaps? For every “fact” claiming one thing, there are “facts” claiming just the opposite, complete with “real” research to back it up. I think it is important for us all (and responsible) to always remember that when we refer to scientific "facts". I know I sometimes forget this, so here is my reminder. OK BLAIR2BE?!

Last edited by BLAIR2BE : 27-12-2006 at 03:27 AM.
Old 27-12-2006, 09:09 AM
jeace

BLAIR2BE,

I think you still don't see the point some people (including myself) are trying to make.

Scientific research indicating which is the best or more 'advisable' nutritional 'guide' is just NOT the issue here.

That is a SIDE issure which is used to try to justify ANY of the parties involved.

The REAL issue here is AWARENESS, my friend.
Old 27-12-2006, 10:41 AM
nwc

[quote=BLAIR2BE]Well, it is fact: [b]for every major lifestyle or health
Closed Thread