Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 10-03-2011, 04:01 AM
Neeti_Shri

hi dear!

well,the following things work like a charm for me, you can continue all your healthy habits. in addition cut back on salt/sugar/oil. eat food based on whether the food has low salt/sugar/oil. just by watching these and keeping a close watch on these everyday,i lost so many pounds without the least exercise or anything at all! i did not do any diet,nothing!

make this your mantra. also add these to your diet- veggies,fruits,honey,curds,slim milk,jaggery, nuts[eat a handful-no more],sprouts,oats[which removes cholesterol],find a lot of vegetarian recipes,drink a lot of home-made soups,just drop all the cut veggies in,add a little salt,and drink. this keeps your body hydrated as well. whenever you drink fruit juices,ask them for sugar-less,or just a pinch of sugar.

use sweetener as much as you can.eat whole fruits,that is the best possible way. eat your food in small portions.i bet most of us who have weight problems eat too much in our daily meals.cut it down,and eat very less.we dont really need that much.

drink lots of water,helps lose weight too.avoid any outside food,as they usually put too much salt in it. but you can reward yourself once or twice a month with a some yummies,for being such a good girl!

avoid packages foods like chips,noodles,and other stuff which have too much salt.avoid sweet,icecreams and chocolates and save them for the month end. i lost 30 pounds in 5-6 months by following all these!

all the best! hope you come back to your normal weight and maintain it too!! lots of love,neets.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:08 AM
Master
You got lots of decent and helpful replies, that's for sure. So many factors go into this weight loss business and getting more healthy. The best part of the ideas is that they're all good. The down side is that each person reacts differently.

I think the most important thing I can tell you is you have to use your intuition to zero in on the advice/ideas that you believe make sense for you. Secondly, in order to test out some ideas that you like, you have to apply them consistently for a spell, make those notes, mental and otherwise, some foods or drinks or supplements/ vitamins can make you feel better or worse right away, like within 2 - 3 days.

Also, your psychology, your attitude, your moods ~ these all affect you too.

I had been eating some cottage cheese and yogurt, BUT I feel that I am going to have to replace them with some other soft foods because as a kid, I realized my body responded badly to eating cereal with milk or ice cream, etc. in other words, I seemed to gain weight with dairy foods, which I love, of course. I was thinking I would use hummus when I want to add my chia seeds for fiber, and make a sandwich, **** or whatever kind of bread with it.

I'm also going to start going to the chiro and maybe get brave and start getting massages.

I have a question. When you horseback ride, is it active like dressage, and that sort of thing. I think the most calories burned with horseback riding is lifting the doggone saddles 'n' tack. I owned a horse for 3 years in the mid 80's (best 3 years of my life). So maybe if you can start lifting free weights and add that to your exercise program, it could help.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:23 AM
SoaringSpirit

I'm also trying to get more healthy, fit and lose weight, but for me the focus is on the FIT and HEALTHY and the weight loss will just go along with that.

I do know though, that they say when you're trying to lose weight, don't only weigh yourself, you need to MEASURE yourself because as you lose fat, you gain muscle, which is heavy, so instead of focusing on the weight, try and see how your clothes are fitting you now, are they any loser than they used to be???
Old 10-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Pathfinder

Hi Sky

The only reason I can think of that you lost weight before was because

you were losing muscle - not fat !

I am also trying to lose weight ideally I want to get back to 126 lbs which

is what I was before I quit smoking - I have been using Ann Louise Gittlemans

Detox diet . Its very good - she explains how a lot of fat cells are created

by your body to store toxins and its these that you need to remove before

you can start losing weight . check out her web site www.annlouise.com/23/diet-detox/4/
Old 10-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Master

I have some "out there" advice for you. Pay attention to your dreams! They will give you specific advice for you.

If you dream about not eating a food, there isn't any left for you, you took a plate of something then put it back, you drop it on the floor etc then your dream is telling you not to eat that food or to cut back. You have to look at it within the context of the dream.

My dreams were telling me to give up coffee. I hardly drank any in the first place, no more than two cups a week. I haven't had any in about three weeks. I just noticed I've lost 10 lbs and I'm less sensitive to a food that had been giving me troubles for years. It seems too coincidental.

I told my mother about this. Within a day or two she had a couple of dreams. One told her to eat salads and soup, the other not eat preserved food. It was so immediate it was like a part of her said "At last! We can get some messages through!"
Old 10-03-2011, 11:41 AM
jiraiyaNOmonogatari

I can only recommend P90X (Program 90 days extreme), its a little tough but you'll feel the affect in one week, I lost 5 pounds in one week. It has a fitness and a nutrition program, Anyone who has tried it will definitely guaranty it, I sure do.

PM me if you want to know more.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:53 PM
bbr

I lost 75 lbs two years ago. The key as someone already mentioned was lots of water -- 15 to 20 glasses per day. Yes, exercise etc. is also needed, but I found the water to be the most important aspect. I'd also suggest you consider an all liquid diet for several weeks if you really wish to lose those last 15-20 lbs. No solid food, just fruit and vegetable juices (and the water of course).
Old 10-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Master
I lost 75 pounds in 4 months on liquid protein diet in 1980. But, we've all learned now that people lost their lives because there wasn't ENOUGH protein to protect their hearts and the workings of the rest of their bodies on such a strict diet. I believe liquid diets CAN do the job, and btw, I kept it all off for 7 whole years, so that's nothing to sneeze at. I am in process of going back on a liquid protein type diet but with modifications. I lost 40 pounds last year doing that.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:37 PM
bbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I lost 75 pounds in 4 months on liquid protein diet in 1980. But, we've all learned now that people lost their lives because there wasn't ENOUGH protein to protect their hearts and the workings of the rest of their bodies on such a strict diet. I believe liquid diets CAN do the job, and btw, I kept it all off for 7 whole years, so that's nothing to sneeze at. I am in process of going back on a liquid protein type diet but with modifications. I lost 40 pounds last year doing that.
Just to be clear, I mentioned going on a liquid diet for several weeks only, until those last few pounds are gone. I've been able to maintain my proper weight in-part by going back on a liquid diet every few months as needed. Not for everyone of course, but it works for me as my metabolism is such that even 2-3 days of not sticking to my regular eating habits will cause me to gain lbs quickly.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr
Just to be clear, I mentioned going on a liquid diet for several weeks only, until those last few pounds are gone. I've been able to maintain my proper weight in-part by going back on a liquid diet every few months as needed. Not for everyone of course, but it works for me as my metabolism is such that even 2-3 days of not sticking to my regular eating habits will cause me to gain lbs quickly.

I have similar situation.