Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 26-02-2018, 09:43 PM
Master
Empathy causing manifestation in my own life

Hi,

So, this is not a problem - I don't need a solution. I would just like to share what I've experiences, and perhaps talk about what happened; hear if anyone has experienced anything similar, what you make of it etc. And perhaps what this new skill maybe could be used for..

So, here goes;

I have always been extra-sensitive and highly empathetic. It was difficult to handle being around others as a child. Dulling my senses with chaos and substances as a young adult and with stress and other distractions as an adult, until I came on the spiritual path and learnt to live with it rather that avoiding it.

These last few months I've done some more work on myself, fear and negativity lingering from my past - and have very recently finished that. I turned 'outwards' again, 'receiving' people again.

After only a few days I started noticing that I got - into my life - the exact same situations, feelings, conflicts, problems as friends that I had empathized with the day before or a couple of hours before. I some how did not only 'feel what they felt', I physically 'got what they had'.

Example 1; I read a friends message on depression, I did not 'go in to the feeling' I stayed in the solution so to speak, but I felt for them. Some hours later a series of events unrelated to the friend etc had me in a state of meaninglessness that I have not felt in a decade. (well, ok depression might count as a feeling, but I see it as a state of being - especially since the events leading up to it were very real).

Example 2; I witnessed a discussion between two people, where one part was very strong in pride and steering the direction aggressively, blocking the other person completely. I stated what I observed in a calm, honest and loving way and left the situation, after offering support to both parts. Textbook in my opinion.

In the morning I get a phone call in which I am treated exactly as the first person treated the other in the above situation. And later I get involved in a discussion on the forum in which I go into pride myself. And almost ended up in an argument with a friend for no good reason (becoming the first person, the proud aggressive one ).

There was a 3rd and a 4th situation, but they were smaller. Oh yes, it was friend telling me how they had failed to state their boundaries in a conversation. Later that day I found myself in a phonecall that I could not get out of; someone who just kept talking, and it would have been so rude and unsensitive under the circumstances that I was as stuck as the person who I had listened to, unable to state my boundaries.

- -

I have adjusted now for this new 'tweek' of my empathy / manifestation ability, so it hasn't happened since I realized what was going on.

But isn't that just wild?

I passively hear of something, not even emotionally engaged in some of the situations - and BAM! 'here's your life, now you try it!'

So, manifestation wise I now have to pay attention to my own focus, actions, intentions etc. But also to those of people around me... If i'm not paying attention, I get their mess in my life.

'Paying attention' being; actively keeping my center balanced, (like an active awareness, more than anything else). And incase of any indications of 'low vibrations' actually shielding.

(I haven't used shields in a really long time, it's rather against my principles, but for now, until I get this new trick figured it out, I use it...

- - -

so, isn't that kinda neat, somehow, though? what do think?

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3
Old 27-02-2018, 12:10 AM
Master
Yep, finding that 'volume control' is the trick.
Right now you are wide open as we say, being One with Everything. Sounds great until we live it - then its just messy messy messy! lol

You can stay wide open if you want but this works better in a highly protected environment like a lamesary, nunnery or some other cloistered environment.
If you can't cloister then find a volume control for the input. Shielding works great. Nuance the shielding to let in what you want and keep out what you don't want. I prefer to not make it too strong as I want to still be able to feel people but have separation safely.
Experiment! Find the right mental construct to get the results you want :)
Old 27-02-2018, 12:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm Ki

So, manifestation wise I now have to pay attention to my own focus, actions, intentions etc. But also to those of people around me... If i'm not paying attention, I get their mess in my life.

'Paying attention' being; actively keeping my center balanced, (like an active awareness, more than anything else). And incase of any indications of 'low vibrations' actually shielding.

(I haven't used shields in a really long time, it's rather against my principles, but for now, until I get this new trick figured it out, I use it...

Hi,

I myself am not a big fan of using shields. I would rather have that experience, digest it, then move on from it.

In reaity, we are all connected so that another person's mess is also are mess. In a world where a lot of things are very hard to deal with my approach to these things is not popular.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 27-02-2018, 12:53 AM
Master
Which is awesome John, until the person you are One with has a war wound in their hip, or a malfunctioning heart or is frying out their brain by being on the cell phone for hours, or drinking their kidney's into oblivion, or suicidal, or clinically depressed or self sabatoging and destructive.

The whammy from things like that can take a while to process and get out of one's system..... providing one has a clue as to how to do that in the first place.
Or maybe one can't.
I've heard of far too many Healers who sucked all sorts of illness, psychosis's, tumors and cancers out of people and into themselves.
They didn't live long.

As you say, in reality we are All One.
But when walking through Walmart it's better to not experience that!
LOL

Shielding has a place. Call it a Discerning Practice if you don't like the thought of shielding.
We wear shoes to protect our feet. Umbrella's to keep off the rain. Coats to keep out the cold. Gloves when doing manual labor. Safety helmets and safety goggles in Industrail settings, Havmat Suits when around toxic chemicals.
It's okay to be pragmatic. :) These bodies are fragile.
Old 27-02-2018, 02:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Which is awesome John, until the person you are One with has a war wound in their hip, or a malfunctioning heart or is frying out their brain by being on the cell phone for hours, or drinking their kidney's into oblivion, or suicidal, or clinically depressed or self sabatoging and destructive.

The whammy from things like that can take a while to process and get out of one's system..... providing one has a clue as to how to do that in the first place.
Or maybe one can't.
I've heard of far too many Healers who sucked all sorts of illness, psychosis's, tumors and cancers out of people and into themselves.
They didn't live long.

LOL

Shielding has a place. Call it a Discerning Practice if you don't like the thought of shielding.
We wear shoes to protect our feet. Umbrella's to keep off the rain. Coats to keep out the cold. Gloves when doing manual labor. Safety helmets and safety goggles in Industrail settings, Havmat Suits when around toxic chemicals.

Personally I have never shielded. I have heard of it, not only here at SF, but also at a wicca pagan forum I visit at times. My exact reasoning is I have not needed to, at least not in the case of empathy via others.

I am constantly open to anything, it is how I operate. Negativity flies about, and I have come to a point I can not tolerate it. It is a constant in my house, my father has this habit of sighing constantly when he is in an irritating mood, and when he does this, I hit the wall. The bickering, complaining, door slamming, is quite enough for me, I need the sigh to emphasize how miserable one is, their misery, becomes my misery, their misery makes me miserable, my misery becomes their misery because they are going to hear about it, oh I'll make sure! and on and on.

I do not shield as I do not hide my feelings, I am quite honest about them, and you all will say the point of shielding is to alleviate one from others emotions, yet I am honest about those too. People don't happen to like when another mentions they sighed 3 times in 30 minutes, or slammed a cupboard door, but they had been criticizing and complaining about my grouchiness all day long, ever since they woke up complaining we ran out of something making a total scene out of a normal every twice a week occurrence. There's no coffee? What the cuss do I buy it for, selfish, hateful, miserable people!

Selfish because the peculated coffee does not instantly replenish itself the moment the can starts to become empty?

And... stores.... my God. I can not even get into that right now.

Most often I do not shield as I do not feel I need to. Not in the case of people, because I get a lot out of feeling it all, not feeling guilty for feeling it, and from others and their positive and negative points I learn an awful lot about myself. Just when I thought all my shadow work was done for the day, someone sighs, slams a cupboard, I walk out of my room fast, and my feet make noise, they shout don't stamp your feet. I shout Leave me Alone. Back and forth, I get incredibly worked up and can't sleep most the night, I sit and fume, angry.

As I have been typing the last two paragraphs a cupboard was slammed as well as a door. Did I react now. Did I want to, I wanted to holler from here to high heaven. Did I? No. Because another here brought this up, and occupied my mind enough to be aware of exactly just how much I need to get my reactions of irritability, anger, and grief under control.

So I sat here typing. In the end I didn't react to it, but you would be surprised how this knowledge does not quite help myself feel better irregardless. I acted as a better person. Yes. But tomorrow I will still have to tolerate the hollering and criticism. I can't afford to just up and leave. Not even a couple hours, with no where to go.

And returneth the grief.

I don't shield from other humans myself, but I do pay attention to blessing my space as much as I can muster the faith to do, as an individual who has had experiences with entities far worse than humans.

But I do not live in fear. I bless it when I want to because I want to, without fearful feelings of what if something shows up again... but with feelings rather of I love this space, and this may bring a lightness to the air.

As far as healing goes, I have never dealt with such as a disease from another via energy healing. I have healed physically a friend with a deep stab wound in his back, and had not afterwards acquired a stab wound. That would certainly be something else, and I don't think I'd be too worried if that happened, I'd think I'd be down on my knees staring up at the ceiling questioning God in utter awe.

As the case with more internal problems, I have not had to do that for another yet, but have had experiences with myself. Consuming when younger large amounts of juniper berries until my skin and eyes would yellow with jaundice, and my father would ask what I was doing? And tell me I was giving myself Jaundice and I would end up destroying my liver. He told me if I kept it up he wouldn't be surprised if I found in later years that I would be diagnosed with liver disease.

I was practicing Shamanism and healing, and the way I would practice would be to practice on myself, better me than another, and I realized if I took this seriously I needed to be able to heal more often than I was. Back then I wasn't at the computer offering healings online or readings to others. I used what I had available, my own body.

(By the way, I highly do not absolutely not recommend this in the least it takes a high level of faith, and belief).

I would consume the berries, my skin and eyes would become yellowed, and I would see intuitively how long before being able to rid the coloring. 3 days. Two days. 3 again. 4. Trying by trial and error to see if within the time frame I was told, it would occur. Eventually, I could rid it in 24 hours, and I did this 4 days in a row.

My aim was for 5, but on that 4th day doubt entered and the 5th day turned into a 48 hour period instead.

There have been a couple other occasions with internal things using myself as a practice target, and then the things like headaches using visualizing techniques to put a color to the pain and shrink the color and dissipate from the body- envisioning it leaving the physical body etc.

It is not often I get physical symptoms, and ailments from others, and I am the type if I do an energy field read for another and I get a headache afterward, I say I got a headache. I call it too much coffee. But will I under no circumstance blame the individual I read for. That is a mistake in my book. I think we all blame each other as humans enough already. I have enough physical dilemmas I could blame another for. I'm not going to start using others as my scapegoat. If I am fatigued after performing an energy reading I see it as no kidding, an energy reading will do that, it will take the gusto out of you. I do not pass it off as "They must be a psychic vampire".

Bullwash.
Old 27-02-2018, 07:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Yep, finding that 'volume control' is the trick.
Right now you are wide open as we say, being One with Everything. Sounds great until we live it - then its just messy messy messy! lol

indeed...

Quote:
You can stay wide open if you want but this works better in a highly protected environment like a lamesary, nunnery or some other cloistered environment.
If you can't cloister then find a volume control for the input.

Volume control, I appreciate that idea. Since I'm not using shields very much before, only ever used them in really hostile environments when I have been extra-ordinarily fragile - and that requires 'lead doors' so to speak, or 'mute' if we stay with the volume control. An inner convent wall basically.

I haven't used it at home of course, and also Iwent to a gathering yesterday, where it was very beautiful so I could lower it it intermittently. But it was more off/on than volume. Thank you, will work on that.

Quote:
I prefer to not make it too strong as I want to still be able to feel people but have separation safely.

Exactly, I was a little surprised to find myself shielded, because I've found all the power is in the flow and the connection, so shutting anything out is so counter-intuitive. But this was as you say pragmatic, I simply can't import every random stranger's life, it multiplies - I am just one. (Hmm. is it just the negative though, or am I only noticing the negative because I clearly can sense when it is not my own... food for thought.)

- - I wanted to quote john here, but will have to go out to do that I see - -

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Old 27-02-2018, 07:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

I myself am not a big fan of using shields. I would rather have that experience, digest it, then move on from it.

In reaity, we are all connected so that another person's mess is also are mess. In a world where a lot of things are very hard to deal with my approach to these things is not popular.

John

I am a 100 percent in agreement with you here. As I wrote just now, shielding is counter-intuitive for me, and I wish as little of it as possible.

But I simply cannot go unshielded - it is too crazy. And there is no point to it either, since I do no healing or spreading of light...

I get like copy of another's situation - I don't absorb it and remove it from them. No, there are now two. What good does that do to anyone?

When I've dissolved my own, the original is still out there...

This is what I can imagine will happen; as I practice my volume dial - I will inevitably get 'too high a volume' at times and recreate outside issues in my life again.

That way, I will get to practice on dissolving the experience - and practice makes progress. So I will work towards 'unshielding'/openness from two directions; both finding the lowest level of shield that I can manage without copying, and from learning to undo 'the copies' smoothly.

I really can't go unshielded with this going on.

It's like I don't seek out or stay in toxic environments; If I am in one I observe, I send a clearing, I observe the response - and if there is no 'receiving end', I remove myself. A form of physical shieldning in a way.

So, that is how I will approach this shield/volume control; that I remove myself from certain situations.

Hopefully, with time that might not be necessary, let me know how you work with it John, so I can learn?

Old 27-02-2018, 07:53 AM
Master
SaturninePluto:

I am speechless as to the things you put yourself through in the name of the light.

this is not right, and i must state it:

you are not dissolving negativity and spreading light by acting on it - responding to it - you are actively spreading it.

you obviously have such enourmous gifts, please, know that these gifts and all the knowledge and power you have can be used even more strongly if you allow yourself to transform you life and habits in to high vibration ones; free, non-judging, spacious, loving, forgiving, clear.

clear.

And regarding 'getting the stab wound' - used as a metaphore for what I've just experienced, YES!, I am in AWE...!! it is AMAZING that this can happen!

(but also impractical and yikes! it really is not easy to maneuver in... )

Thank you for responding to my question <3

Old 27-02-2018, 01:25 PM
Experiencer

CrystalSong,

I like the comparison of shielding to wearing shoes, a coat, helmet, etc. Also, "Discernment Practice" really resonated with me. Love that!

Quote:

Or maybe one can't.
They didn't live long.

LOL

Old 27-02-2018, 05:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm Ki

Exactly, I was a little surprised to find myself shielded, because I've found all the power is in the flow and the connection, so shutting anything out is so counter-intuitive. But this was as you say pragmatic, I simply can't import every random stranger's life, it multiplies - I am just one. (Hmm. is it just the negative though, or am I only noticing the negative because I clearly can sense when it is not my own... food for thought.)

Food for thought indeed! I ran around Wide Open for about 4 years, they were truly incredible years of understanding and learning how energy and fields work.

I remember my brain heating up alarmingly when I passed through the auric field of a woman on a cell phone in a store. I remember falling to the floor in sudden excruciating pain in a grocery store when I passed a war veteran with a bad hip holding himself up on a shopping cart.
I also remember hugging a tree and a blazing white light lightening bolt coming out of it and into my crown which knocked out the color rods in my eyes for about 1/2 hour and I could only see in greys.
I remember another tree I was connecting with sending a white blazing beam of light into my heart and lancing me against it for 45 mins. Shockingly this was seen by another person who said I completely disappeared into a beam of white light which seemed to come out of the top of the tree down to where I was before I disappeared into it. That tree blew my heart chakra wide open!
There was a crystal that released a blazing white beam directly into my third eye with a peeling ring heard by 8 people in the room when it happened. Incredible experience!
I remember feeling the strong emotions of everyone corded to me, and hours spent calling friends to sort out which one had just lost their pet, or had a spike of adrenalin because a police man pulled them over for a traffic violation, or who was meditating and just had a spiritual epiphany.
I felt it all, near and far, and was loosing myself in other peoples experiences while being blown out by the love from the natural world.
There are many other examples, many much milder, and many very strong and shocking to the core.

Eventually I couldn't take the roller coaster of the Pain and the Exquisite and had to find a volume button to moderate the fullness and immersion into everything.
It wasn't a judgement against other people, it was a Discernment For me. The human brain and nervous system can only take so much of these extremes. My choice to shield was never a judgement against anyone else, it was an act of self love and compassion for myself. I needed to make the choice to protect this body/mind unit so it didn't burn out.

I would have loved to stay wide open all the time, it was such an amazing expereince in a lot of ways, but the truth was it's not a safe enough world to do so in, there's a lot of extremes here in the 3D, and when wide open we don't get to choose what energy fields and puddles we're wandering into or what people are experiencing while they are connected by their love for us.
Nowadays I save 'wide open' for retreat settings, deep meditation, or going out-of-body into the 6th deminsion, where beings are more evolved towards love and it's safer to be wide open. Wide open is also how we expereince telepathy with other species and beings.
So 'wide open' has a place, I just found being selective made it easier to have a body/mind in the 3d dimension. :) We're all unique and will find what works best for our psyci and nervous sytsem, my choice won't be for everyone.