Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 11-05-2012, 02:30 AM
Sundialed

Running Shoes: Asics Gel-Nimbus 13

Picked up these bad boys.

Finally, a shoe that meets my demands! I run for about 45 minutes or more at varying speeds and angles at least once a day and these shoes rock! I had some Vomero 6's but the outsole on them didn't have the support I needed and they hurt my feet. There are very comfortable for walking nonetheless.

The Nimbus 13's, just wow! I don't know if it is a bad thing but I have to run harder and faster for a better work out. I have never experienced that before. I am really getting into running at the moment and these shoes are helping me out so much! I have no issues with them.

So if you are looking for a high performance shoe, definitely check them out, I prefer the feel of the Nimbus 13 over the Kayano for sure, but that's just me.

Peace.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Master
Oh, Asics are my favorite. I can't see the picture, only a red x...maybe I'll have to google them. How much did they run you? (price) I figured I'd have to step it up in the price because I needed something better. Asics have always been my favorites and I've tried many and always go back to them, but I never got top of the line and I realize it's time too.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:55 PM
nama_adrift

i have a pair of asics as well. not sure which, though mine look exactly like that except they are purple instead of green.

i recently took up running (a few months ago) but was having some issues with my heels/ feet. i finally sucked it up and spent the money on proper running shoes a couple of months ago. totally worth it, wish i had done it sooner. i have really been enjoying my runs, and my feet, heels, and knees love me for it.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:24 AM
Master
Well, I got me a pair...havent' even had the time to try them out though and it's driving me nuts. they were on sale. :-)
Old 02-06-2012, 03:47 AM
Master
I love that these are called Nimbus'.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Master

Asics fit me! And they not only fit but they are comfortable. I have a wonderful pair of walking asics and they are so old but I can't separate myself. I know they don't make them anymore and the time will come when I will have to get some new ones but I'm putting off that dreadful day as long as possible.

I'm a real townie, when I'm heading off to work, I have my neat suit on and my trainers. My rationale - if there's a problem on the tube and I need to move smart, then I will be able to whereas those girls in the killer heels will struggle.
Old 14-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nama_adrift
i have a pair of asics as well. not sure which, though mine look exactly like that except they are purple instead of green.

i recently took up running (a few months ago) but was having some issues with my heels/ feet. i finally sucked it up and spent the money on proper running shoes a couple of months ago. totally worth it, wish i had done it sooner. i have really been enjoying my runs, and my feet, heels, and knees love me for it.
Mine are gray with purple soles, little bit of white. I asked if they had other colors, but that's all they had.
Old 23-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Master
I bought my first pair of running shoes ever about 2 months ago. I bought asics and I love them.
I am a guy who never spent more than $20 on sneakers so these asics are treasured by me.
I actually carry them to the track and change into them...lol
I just started running and I find that the shock absorbing heel and the airy front make such a difference for me. Love the colors to!

Peace, James
Old 24-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Master
Haha, I used to be that way too James. My sister in law who runs all the time would have these sneakers she bought for $150 on sale and they were so ugly, I thought, and I had my cheapos on.... I would think mine are just as good, as I put more bandaids on my feet. Well, then I stepped it up and started buying better sneakers and I have tried many, but I've had about 6 pairs of Asics now. I keep going back to them. But now these last pair were the most expensive I ever got, and I'm totally enjoying them. The thing is now I can't go back to lesser after having better. Plus getting older sucks and I'm doing all I can to slow it down lol. I get the trail running sneakers as I run the trails.

That's awesome you are running!! Gosh, I'm totally excited. I have been enjoying reading about the things you have been changing and challenging yourself with in your life.
Old 26-06-2012, 02:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Haha, I used to be that way too James. My sister in law who runs all the time would have these sneakers she bought for $150 on sale and they were so ugly, I thought, and I had my cheapos on.... I would think mine are just as good, as I put more bandaids on my feet. Well, then I stepped it up and started buying better sneakers and I have tried many, but I've had about 6 pairs of Asics now. I keep going back to them. But now these last pair were the most expensive I ever got, and I'm totally enjoying them. The thing is now I can't go back to lesser after having better. Plus getting older sucks and I'm doing all I can to slow it down lol. I get the trail running sneakers as I run the trails.

That's awesome you are running!! Gosh, I'm totally excited. I have been enjoying reading about the things you have been changing and challenging yourself with in your life.

Thanks Sarian!