Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Closed Thread

Old 28-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Dariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounamu
To my understanding, dairy foods and eggs supply the cholesterol and other fats that are needed for the ascending body to grow into the crystalline cellular structure; and these fats are not supplied in sufficient quantity by the Vegetable Kingdom.

Pounamu, good point that our body need fats.
To my understanding we do get good fats from seed and nuts for example but yes it requires hard work to fill one's need of vital acid fats and is very difficult. I do take mine from purified fish oils caps even if I am vegetarian just to make sure I get them.

However, when going further on ascension process, I understand it in a way one should limit even those products coming from animal kingdom even if not eating animal itself. If looking at yogis, they do not touch products "which have eyes" or products "made of those which have eyes". But pure vegetarians without dairy products should have good knowledge of nutrition to be sure one gets all the nutritional ingredients one needs. And it is difficult.
But I have feeling or lets say I feel in my heart that when we do evolve spiritually to light and are far in our ascension process, the whole energies including also body changes in a way that we do not need eating in a same way. I do think we need to eat but I think body makes more out of pure light. My point is that highly evolved humas do eat only few times a day so the body need changes. We are able to get more higher vital force through antakarana from the higher levels of being. Our body is more light then. And in that moment it is quite possible that we just cannot consume those dairy products anymore. Basically it may be possible that then the high vibrational energies can trigger our glands to process some nutritiens we need... this is not a fact, this is what I have been thinking and it feel correct in my logical mind.

Well, as long as in this physical body and still on the way, it is better to make sure one has healthy nutrition and that the food we eat is as clean from toxins and additional ingredients as possible. I myself do eat eggs and some dairy products like cheeses even if I am quite strict on what I put into mouth.

Sorry for long post. I have been studing nutritional issues for 10 years just for interest so the subjects is pretty much close to heart ...

Dariel
Old 01-10-2006, 06:24 PM
AL

rancid

These vegetable oils? the body cannot process them as the molcules are too big and so does not know what to do with them and so stores them, then they go rancid and can cause illness.
Dairy produce is similar, it can hang around for up to 15 years as stored fat. Healthy stuff.
If the food which we have eaten is coated in veg oil, the nutreients in that food is not absorbed by the body. So we can eat healthy food, but not be ingesting/ absorbing it.
Al
Old 02-10-2006, 01:36 PM
AL

a closer look

YIN = expansive energy Yang = contractive energy
A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing, so, now that I have started on this stuff.....
If you are thinking that, "everything is bad for us, what is the point of changing", then you have been conned by the media or someone.
We were all born to diferent parents, so have inherited diferent conistitutions from our parental source, and therefore require slightly diferent diets. Tall thin = yin broad = yang constitution. We all have diferent needs acording to our constitiution and lifestyle, combined with the environment/ climate we live and work in.
Most food stuff is Yin. We need to be aware that we are not too Yin, especially vegans. It can cause a spacey-ness, the type which means that we are all over the place and fragmented and perhaps not achieving as much as we might.
When we get too Yang, we become intense and aggressive.
The best monitor is our bowel movements. Once a day is probably balanced. Vegy's and vegans will go More than this, depending on the amount of Yang they are taking in. Up to 4 times perhaps even.
Meat fish egg dairy eaters may labour at times, harbouring very toxic substance in the body in the process. Eggs are the most Yang food you will come across. It is a seed, condensed life-form in one small seed. The soul had not entered the body yet so, it is optional and debatable. It is not a good thing to eat if you work or live in an intense environment, and certainly worth avoiding if you suffer from slow bowel movements. It is used for binding in the food industry and cooking. Eggs should be treated with great respect and eaten rarely in that case. There are better forms of Yang.
Our diet can effect our spiritual state of mind then.
When we become vegetarian, we have just given up our main, or one of them, source of Yang (contractive energy), that being meat produce.
We are then likely to look to cheese as our new or continued source of this energy. If we allow ourselves fish and chicken, we are still eating meat and have no need to worry about finding sources of Yang or eat any cheese at all.
If you eat meat, it is better that it is white meat. You never ever have to eat red meat, or cheese and especially eggs if you eat meat, red or white.
When we turn vegy, we are likely to turn to pasta and cheese. Same deal going on, cheese and refined wheat, we need to find ways of getting away from this combination. All this refined wheat? give up eating bread alone for a few weeks and you will feel great. We have eaten so much refined wheat in our lives that most of us are allergic to it. It is in everything, and now they are doing it with soya etc. Intense farming, not to mention genetically produced. Wheat can cause depression as well as allergic reactions.
There are oatcakes, rice cakes etc. We need to watch not to eat too many dry things at the same time.
It is all too easy to reach for the bread, quicker than cooking a proper meal.It is dry food. Consider your diet and how dry it is. Some may be the opposite and be too wet. So it is good to cook a sauce, have soup etc. Soup is the best, we can never go wrong with soup, once or twice a day even.
A plate of food? a meal? Grain bean veg. These 3 things are the balance we require. simple.
Sea vegetables is part of our ancestors diet, until we polluted the shores for profit. It is absolutely crawling in vitamins and minerals and trace elements. You should be able to get it. Dulce is nice. Put the stronger tougher ones into your pot of brown rice or barley or whatever. Aways soak barley, and cook longer than rice. Always soak lentils in particular especially if you have back etc. problems as the gas can cause pressure = pain.
Red kidney beans have a poison so must be BOILED5 mins.
Bring a pot of brown rice, or rice and millet mix to the boil. Cook for maybe five mins, then switch off cooker and wrap with a towel and leave for a few hours. It saves energy and you will have fluffy rice. You can do this before going to work and return to ready made. It does away with buying fast food and/ or reaching for the bread, and cheese no doubt. Plan ahead for a successful and healthy diet, and you will be rewarded by feeling good, and therefore spiritually more healthy.
Instead of cows milk cheese,(cows milk was intended for the digestive system of a young calf and not for humans) You may feel better after eating goats cheese. Much better even. Virgin coconut oil/ butter can be spread, unless you live in a hot country, then maybe not, as it will melt.
Our lifestyle should be taken into consideration with regards to our diet. IE, if I work in a hot intense kitchen, it may be wise to avoid too much Yang things or it can make me over Yang in an already Yang atmosphere. Same with offices and work which does not require hard labour/ activity. We then should perhaps eat a lighter diet.
If vegetarian, some cheese is more acceptable than if we eat meat forms and the body may receive it better than with meat eaters as they already have enough fats.
Miso, miso soup. This mass produced miso is unlikely to have B12 in it, so we can't assume that there is the said B12 as it does not sit long enough for it to develop. If you find white mould on your miso, it is good, eat it. The darker it is, the older it is, and the stronger it is, so is better for winter. There are enzymes in miso which deal with the digestive system and generally balances out the intestines. It is worth considering in winter in particular as Yang being contractive, keeps the heat in our body. Yin lets it out, hence, warmer country's have more Yin produce from nature and nature offers a more condensed foodstuff in colder countries. The Eskimos eat seals and little more such is the climate. COLD = YIN WARM = YANG.
Most of the worlds population lives on a rice based diet. Malaria is probably caused by taking the husk from the rice. We need to eat 5 times the amount of white rice to get the same goodness as we would from brown, or, natural rice. Even then.
Most of the western world is allergic to wheat, due to over intense farming and consumption. Brown rice and millet in the same pot is worth a try.
GRAINS- BUCKWHEAT(YANG), RICE (MIDDLE), MILLET, BARLEY, RYE, QUINOA, OATS, CORN. (All varying degrees of yin, which I may not have in the right order)
Corn is a grain and the most yin. It is therefore a good summer grain, which is when nature offers it. Buckwheat in summer is not wrong, but too much may cause a heavy yang feeling. We will appreciate it more in the winter.
Steamed vegetables are far better than boiling and frying. They allow the likes of the kidney to breath and detox more. We need to open things up after all that animal and dairy, not to mention the veg oils. Have you ever washed a whole organic carrot and put it into your pot of rice? We can even steam the veg first, then give it a quick stun in a frying pan with coconut oil. The steaming preserves the juices, and the fry gives a bit of outer flavour.
If vegan, we need to work even harder at finding a source of Yang. Buckwheat is the only Yang grain. It is good to vary our grains. Adzuki beans are the least Yin.
Miso is another, soup. Better used in cooking than as a spread. Shoyu can make us over yang if we use too much too often so take care. Shoyu(soy sauce) is the liquid drainage from miso, Tamari is also, so can be strong and so best used in cooking than a condiment.
Dry roasting sesame seeds and crushing partly in a m' and pestle then sprinkled as a condiment is also a good alternative to shoyu all the time.
As I mentioned, I have said something, so feel obliged to say more. Don't get too serious and religious about it, keep some of the old diet and change slowly. Start by, not giving certain worst causes up, but by finding alternatives. Don't give up sugar, use grain sugar instead. Rice, barley, corn malt syrup. In drinks, as a spread etc. The sugar table goes
worst- REFINED cane sugar.(they have taken the outer husk off again)
FRUIT sugar- It is not that much better and still causes that restless stressful spacey thing, not to mention the depression from the downer soon after.
GRAIN sugar- This is the better option, though, it IS sugar and will rot your teeth etc. But you don't feel rough after it and your kids wont climb the walls and take tantrums in the way that they do with sugar.
Happy eating.........
Old 04-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Deactivated Account
This is really interesting reading. I'm a vegan and I do eat a lot of buckwheat so it was good to read that I'm taking in yang foods. I know a bit about nutrition as I've studied it as part of a health course, but I'm not as familiar with yin and yang, although I have heard of them and know the concept of it.
I'm allergic to dairy and so I couldn't eat it even if I wasn't a vegan, but dairy foods aren't actually very good for you. They cause mucus build up and stomach problems, and a high percentage of the population can't digest lactose. Calcium can be obtained from much better sources than dairy, such as seasme seeds, almonds, leafy green veg, tahini. I have smoothies with almond milk, banana, berries, linseed and seasme seed, and they're great!
I agree sugar is the ultimate modern day poison. I have a medical condition and the moment I eat anything sugary or processed I go downhill.
Closed Thread