Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 18-04-2020, 02:57 PM
Master
Sudden Desire to have an Animal deck!

I had not expected to ever have a strong desire to get an animal oracle deck, yet it happened. Out of the blue at that!
So I did some investigating online. In a way the Spirit Animal by Colette is okay, but there's too many animals in that deck I don't even know and can't relate to at all. Too American?
And I was not too impressed with the info, it's so fluffy and woolly. And the artwork, I'm always in two minds about that. The colours used are wonderful, but I don't like that animals wear crowns, have wings when they shouldn't, and feathers sticking out. That's the main reason I never bought it. The one on the box, Stag, is so off-putting to me, having things dangling in its antlers.
I want a more in-depth animal deck that gives real spirit animal info.
I found that, unfortunately only in Dutch, by a renowned spirit/energy worker.
I am Dutch so not a problem for me, but most my readings I do in English for an international audience.
Nevertheless, I will get that deck, it is amazing! But it'll have to wait till my b-day in mid-May.

For now I came across another animal deck that I'm totally nuts about, lol. I had NOT expected it as I do know it. It's Diana Coopers Archangel Animal oracle deck. Funny enough published via HayHouse, which she doesn't always do.
In any case, her decks from HH do have a normal shiny coating, not those mat ones and thick stock that you cannot shuffle unless you use fanning powder on the cards first (I so hate having to do that!).

Now what was amazing, and piqued my interest, is the fact that in the booklet there's information on what planet the animal originates from (LOVE it!!), what Archangel is connected to it, and other 5D info. Like for Ant there's info concerning Ant & Metatron and Metatron Cube!
WOWZA!! I was sold!
I am all about the 'higher' stuff, the 5D, and Diana is simply an expert on that.
So I could not forgo this deck. Like I said, I'd seen it before, but then wasn't interested in an animal deck, nor did I know how different hers is!

I can't wait for this to come in, and if I then get the other, Dutch deck in too in May I have quite the range when it comes to doing readings with animal cards :)
The Dutch one more down to Earth, providing the correct in-depth spirit / totem animal info, albeit short and sweet (no booklet with her card decks).

Both decks have Raven in it. I can NOT buy an animal deck without Raven
Crying shame Kestrel is never in a deck. But Raven is more important!

I am happy to have found both these decks!
Old 18-04-2020, 05:04 PM
Administrator
Hello

I have two decks of animal cards

The one I like the most is Animal Madgik by DJ Conway.

The other one I have has the "Crow" in it but not Raven. It's

The Wild Unknown in Animal Sprit Guidebook by Kim Krans

I know I did a lot of reading with both the decks and they were very well received and accurate.

Looking at this deck now.

Transference Healing Animal Magic by Alexis Cartwright

Lynn

PS your a bad card purchase influencer LOL.
Old 18-04-2020, 06:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

I have two decks of animal cards

The one I like the most is Animal Madgik by DJ Conway.

The other one I have has the "Crow" in it but not Raven. It's

The Wild Unknown in Animal Sprit Guidebook by Kim Krans

I know I did a lot of reading with both the decks and they were very well received and accurate.

Looking at this deck now.

Transference Healing Animal Magic by Alexis Cartwright

Lynn

PS your a bad card purchase influencer LOL
Haha, so you suddenly felt that itch too?!
I wasn't really into getting another deck, apart from the Moonchild Tarot, which is expensive enough, lol.
But yeah... then this hit me round the head haha. No idea what instigated it. I have no one to blame...
It does mean though I won't go to the crystal shop anytime soon. Can't have it all. I'm okay with that, unless I see a gorgeous citrine somewhere.
I also have an odd citrine craving at the mo.

Oh, and the Raven thing is a personal thing. Not sure if I would've bought the deck if it hadn't been in there. Raven has been my power animal for years, and he's always remained very special to me. Also since I had a deep fascination for The Morrighan for years. So if a goddess deck has The Morrigan in it, I tend to be sold, hihi.
Personal preferences :)
Old 18-04-2020, 07:59 PM
Legrand

Just ordered The Celtic Dragon Tarot from D.J.

It's been a while that I want to attune my senses to the energies of the dragons.

Regards,
Old 18-04-2020, 09:13 PM
Master
I'm also not a huge fan of animal oracle decks.

Having said that, I did purchase "Messages from your Animal Spirit Guides" by Steven D Farmer, which I enjoy. I also purchased his book "Pocket Guide to Spirit Animals" which is quite comprehensive, detailing many animals in general, not just animals which are in his oracle deck.

The cards in his deck aren't massive and are very easy to shuffle, despite not having a shiny coating. They don't stick together or necessitate using powder to be able to shuffle them well.

The deck has a good range of animals, including Falcon and other such animals as cat, dog, camel, platypus, emu, mouse, to name just a few.

Each card has a short message on it to help with your intuition.

The other animal oracle deck I own is The Druit Animal Oracle. I bought this deck a number of years ago when I was first learning the Tarot, mainly because I had Druidcraft Tarot and loved the artwork.

This deck has Raven, Hawk, Bee, Seal, Salmon, Horse, to name a few. There are also 4 element cards Fire Dragon, Air Dragon, Water Dragon and Earth Dragon. There is also the inclusion of three blank cards, which are intended for you to put in your own animals, which I think is a great idea because as you say, sometimes decks don't include a particular animal that you are drawn to. There is no message written on the cards, only the name of the animal.

The book that comes with the deck is a hard cover book. It goes through a lot of information about the specific animals including how they are important regarding the Druid tradition. There is also a list of keywords for the animals at the very beginning of the book and the page number you can find it in the book.

The cards are quite large so are a bit challenging to shuffle initially because of their size. Other than that, they are okay to shuffle.

You've actually encouraged me to get these decks out and use them more, as I haven't done any work with either deck for a while.
Old 18-04-2020, 09:47 PM
Master
@Pandora, glad to have inspired you :)
I won't always be using animal decks either. It depends on the energy I'm after :)
I think I know what triggered me, subconsciously. It's Chakotay in Star Trek Voyager with Indian heritage. He speaks of his totem animal, did a visualisation on the show with Cpt Janeway. And that inspired me to do that -which by the way I haven't as of yet, hihi.
But I think that kind of woke up my shaman / pagan side again. Sometimes I feel more in tune with my Lightworker side, other times the shaman side.
Then 2 days ago friend posted something on Raven, and I added to that since she only had the default negative stuff which is either based on superstition, incorrect or incomplete.
I think that got me going to suddenly want to have an animal deck :)

Anywho, wishing you wonderful readings and visions with your decks!
Old 18-04-2020, 10:49 PM
Master
Thanks FairyCrystal. I'll let you know how I get on!
Old 18-04-2020, 10:56 PM
Administrator
Hello

I will have to sort and fine all my decks. I do wonder how many I have that have not seen the light of day. I find many at second hand stores. I know they are all over the place here need to get them all in one place and catalogue them. I have most other things I collect done incase something happens and I need to access insurance.

I know that I have a few "rare" decks and Heart has one of the very first decks made. That one is rare.

Wonder what is there in "animal" or "mystical" cards.

Lynn
Old 19-04-2020, 10:20 AM
Administrator
I don't have many card decks, but the one I prefer is my Native American Healing cards they are all animals

Namaste
Old 19-04-2020, 11:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I don't have many card decks, but the one I prefer is my Native American Healing cards they are all animals

Namaste
Those are the Medicine Cards?
I have seen that deck before, and in a way it's appealing, in another it doesn't really speak to me. I just watched a review of it, but the same as with Colette's animal deck: too many American animals in there that I do not relate to at all.

A good thing we all have our own taste and there's plenty to choose from otherwise we'd all end up using the same cards, hihi.