Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 15-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Deactivated Account

Distress about experiences - please help

I could really use some advice on what I should do. This is still new to me and Id really appreciate some input from people who've experienced similar events. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this.

My father passed a year and a few months ago. Lately, several people have asked me if I sense his presence or if he has visited me. A lot of nights I will feel a stroking on my cheek and I assume it's him. I have also sensed my boyfriend's late brother.

Lately, it's as if my senses are dull, though. My intuition as well as my empathic abilities seem to be "shut off". However, almost every night, unexplained phenomena goes on in my apartment and I can feel hands touching me at night. Since the sensation of the touches makes me uncomfortable and I see it as a violation of my personal space, I send the visitor away.

While this has been going on, my coworker has been having dreams about my late father. At first he didn't know who the man was in his dreams. I showed him a picture of my dad and he became very emotional and told me that's who he has been seeing. In his latest dream, my dad puts my hand into my coworker's hand, kisses me on the cheek, and leaves.

I'm troubled by all of the above. None of this feels right to me and I don't know what to do about it. And I'm distressed that it seems like my abilities are fading.

Would there be any reason for a weakening of my abilities? If my dad is trying to communicate, why would he go to my coworker? This is all very upsetting and frustrating. I feel like something special has been taken from me. It's an out of control feeling.
Old 15-09-2014, 07:05 PM
Master

Could it be that your abilities have been shut off because of fear? It seems like fear is the mai issue here. Could it be the message from your co worker was perhaps validation that the visitations were in fact your dad? Unless there is another conotation that I am missing? Another question is can you trust this male coworker? Also, you can ask archangel michael to protect your room at night if you feel it's not your dad.
Old 15-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitysrainbow

My father passed a year and a few months ago. Lately, several people have asked me if I sense his presence or if he has visited me. A lot of nights I will feel a stroking on my cheek and I assume it's him. I have also sensed my boyfriend's late brother.

Lately, it's as if my senses are dull, though. My intuition as well as my empathic abilities seem to be "shut off". However, almost every night, unexplained phenomena goes on in my apartment and I can feel hands touching me at night. Since the sensation of the touches makes me uncomfortable and I see it as a violation of my personal space, I send the visitor away.

While this has been going on, my coworker has been having dreams about my late father. At first he didn't know who the man was in his dreams. I showed him a picture of my dad and he became very emotional and told me that's who he has been seeing. In his latest dream, my dad puts my hand into my coworker's hand, kisses me on the cheek, and leaves.

I'm troubled by all of the above. None of this feels right to me and I don't know what to do about it. And I'm distressed that it seems like my abilities are fading.

Would there be any reason for a weakening of my abilities? If my dad is trying to communicate, why would he go to my coworker? This is all very upsetting and frustrating. I feel like something special has been taken from me. It's an out of control feeling.

Gravitysrainbow: I would be very distressed too, if I had your experiences. I would suggest that you (1) set intentions, and (2) set boundaries.

It seems that an entity took a fancy to you and so he didn't want your dad to be around, hence your dad had to go to your coworker. I think if you do the above, you should be fine.
Old 16-09-2014, 02:06 PM
Deactivated Account

Vespa68, I used to have a lot of fear, but not so much anymore. I've encountered negative entities before and successfully learned how to send it away. I did ask Michael to protect my room last night, which helped limit most of the activity.

Wanchain, I think you might be right. However, I don't feel myself. I'm questioning a lot of my beliefs and I feel very angry and depressed about something, but I can't tell what's causing my negative emotions. Maybe these are not my emotions at all and are coming from the entity that's invading my space at night. It's not like me to feel abandoned by my spirituality, yet here I am. Maybe I need to take a step back and clear my mind and do what you suggested - set intentions and boundaries. It's frustrating enough when someone who's alive crosses my personal boundaries. When entities do that I get very defensive.
Old 16-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Wanchain, I think you might be right. However, I don't feel myself. I'm questioning a lot of my beliefs and I feel very angry and depressed about something, but I can't tell what's causing my negative emotions. Maybe these are not my emotions at all and are coming from the entity that's invading my space at night. It's not like me to feel abandoned by my spirituality, yet here I am. Maybe I need to take a step back and clear my mind and do what you suggested - set intentions and boundaries. It's frustrating enough when someone who's alive crosses my personal boundaries. When entities do that I get very defensive.

Hi,

I got the impression that you are still grieving the loss of your dad, and the sadness is lowering your vibration to the point that matches this visitor. Perhaps this visitor is holding on to some grief too, and that's why he's attracted to your energy.

It could very well be other things in your life that is generating your negative emotions, and these emotions are attracting your visitor.

I have times of darkness where I feel detached from my "network of divine support" and I feel lost. For me, it's a training period. It's like when you attend a lecture; you get guidance and support from the classroom. Then you go home and do your homework; there's no help and you are on your own and the homework seems like an impossible mission. Don't worry. Just try to get it done as best as you can. You will go back to the classroom soon. ^_^

W.
Old 17-09-2014, 11:43 PM
Experiencer
I would suggest doing some things to increase the energy in your house like prayer, meditation or studying, asking for spiritual protection, focusing on positive thoughts, etc. Lower energy spirits will either learn with you and in their new found knowledge will respect you, or they will find the higher energy is incompatible with their intentions and leave you alone.

As for your father, do you suppose he needs some council or guidance since he's still very much present or perhaps there's something he needs to tell you or he's worried about something? Pray or talk to your father, reassure him that all is well and pray that he follows his guides.
Old 19-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Deactivated Account

Hello,
For a few days there, I let myself unwind and relax. I did some reading on meditation and meditated and found my happy place again. I did kind of shut out my coworker, because at first I couldn't see why my father would go to him instead of me, but my coworker explained it to me. My dad has been visiting him every night for a week now.

A few months after my father died, my ex coworker left the company and I put out affirmations to manifest a reliable coworker - someone who would have my back, someone I could talk to and get support from. From day one of working with my current coworker, we sensed that our partnership at this company was not a coincidence and have since then gotten very close.

My dad communicated to him that it was he who brought us together and that my dad wants my coworker to take care of me and show me what it means to be loved wholly and unconditionally. He is supposed to show me what I should have in a relationship to prepare me for a future relationship. Also, both my father and coworker are AA members and my father told him not to make the same mistake he made by replacing his AA support system with a single person. He's there to make sure my coworker keeps up with the program, kind of like a sobriety guardian angel.

My coworker also said my dad goes back and forth all night between him and I, like he's checking in on us. My coworker has asked me questions about the significance of handlebars or being poked or grabbed. These are moments from my childhood when my father and I would bike together or he'd play games where he'd tickle my sister and I. Furthermore, my dad doesn't like my current boyfriend. He told my coworker he's a "bonehead" and isn't aware of the gift that's right in front of him. He communicated that I'll be moving on soon. Every time I do tarot now it foretells of a move or change and the ending of a relationship.

My dad can't interact with me physically, which is why he communicated to my coworker that he has to be the one who hugs me and tells me it's going to be ok. My dad wants me to see a person dedicated to the AA program so that I do not end up like he did.
Old 19-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

I've had times when it felt like my abilities were weakened too, but you know what? I think that the universe occasionally does that because you are already emotionally overwhelmed and abilities would just probably bombard you with other people's energy which would probably make things worse. There were times when I felt completely numb and while it was unnerving, I was pretty grateful for it because I knew it was temporary.

As for your co-worker having dreams about him, I can think of a few reasons for that. For one, your dad might be aware that in the earliest stages of grief, if he tried to establish contact with you, you might chalk it up to an overactive imagination and dismiss it completely (this frustrates spirits), he might find your pain overwhelming (spirits gravitate to peaceful environments like moths gravitate to light), and he might have went to your co-worker knowing that he is not only peaceful, but will pass the message along as well. Another possible reason might be that your dad is trying to point you in the direction of someone who might be significant to you.......especially if you feel a pretty strong connection to your co-worker. Perhaps that is a family member you didn't know you had.
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be."

-Anne Frank