Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 15-09-2014, 04:44 PM
Ascender

Fellow Empaths, would you:

- Use your emphatic ability at all situations? Would this mean you rely on intuition 100% and logic does not come into your consideration anymore?

- Would emphatic abilities be subject to blocks? The blocks that I am referring to are of psychic attacks, exhaustion, or even from lack of practice. Or does one remain an empath always?
Old 19-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Pathfinder

I find empathy seems to vary. one day, I'm ultra sensative to energy, others i wonder if im actually an empath at all. sometimes i "turn up the volume" by meditation. as for not relying on logic, some days i rely on it all to much. i don't use my intuition nearly as much as I'm ment to

rock. you are a rock. gray. you are gray. like the rock, which you are. rock.- maud pie
Old 05-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Ascender

Does anyone find that their empathic abilities are affected by sickness/disease?
Old 06-10-2014, 07:36 AM
Experiencer
to OP
you simply need to stop to care easily put
and remember that even emapths put on social mask
and doing what everyone else doing
by hiding our true face under a mask
it's just way of people to protect them self socially

now what if you don't like what's beneath the mask ?
or it shocks and surprise you
it's easy .. then stop caring what's under the mask

there is important thing to notice
most of people put on mask to avoid being vulnerable
and not to give out too much to people around them
because by giving too much they feel vulnerable
that's protection mechansim
and sometimes it's more effective that what you would think
sometimes the most negative emotions you may get
could be comming from the most soft hearted people
they just mastered their defense technique ( aware or unaware )

that is my opinion
Old 06-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Master
Yea, protective mechanisms are required, and I think it's better to refer to them as boundaries, so the skill set involves how to clearly define boundaries and clearly communicate them to others... which is as much as anyone can do.

I also think it's better to understand that people are vulnerable, and it's their prerogative to be open, or disclose themselves, as they feel comfortable with, and not be assuming, intrusive or coercive.

There's better ways of being patient, cultivating trust and creating an aura of safety, which is also a protection of confidentiality, non-judgement, and above all, consent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please Leave Me
to OP
you simply need to stop to care easily put
and remember that even emapths put on social mask
and doing what everyone else doing
by hiding our true face under a mask
it's just way of people to protect them self socially

now what if you don't like what's beneath the mask ?
or it shocks and surprise you
it's easy .. then stop caring what's under the mask

there is important thing to notice
most of people put on mask to avoid being vulnerable
and not to give out too much to people around them
because by giving too much they feel vulnerable
that's protection mechansim
and sometimes it's more effective that what you would think
sometimes the most negative emotions you may get
could be comming from the most soft hearted people
they just mastered their defense technique ( aware or unaware )

that is my opinion
Old 12-11-2014, 01:15 AM
Ascender
Hi
i believe i am empath it is hard to deal with the truth of people.
it does push one away from people when emotions are felt telepathically.

to cope with this in short time i known about i listen to my spiritual guides how to cope with this telepathic emotions it may be different for other people but i shall share anyway.
one way i was told to block telepathy emotions is water over the head shower for example .

the other is a spirit told me word state police think of this word i was told.

don't ask me why to think this word lol but believe it or not it helps me block incoming telepathy emotions.

i don't think we should block this ability altogether but learn how to deal with this ability to deal with these emotions we are able to receive it doesn't have to be bad thing it could be used to send love and peace world wide.

hope this helps
Old 12-11-2014, 02:09 AM
Master

Having read all the comments made me feel comforted as I suffered from this from a Young age and has taken years to realise it and cope.
It reared emotional havoc in me as a young girl and woman . I thought something was seriously wrong with me and looking back now explains a lot of my past behaviour.
It was painful just feeling truth all the time and thinking that nobody like me or that I had a problem.
But it was also a positive thing...
I only chose friends who where totally and truthfully friends, who were positive influences and had genuine kindness towards me,
When I did get the hang of it , it protected me in many social situations.
As a partner I was always considered super understanding and was a positive for them,
It can be put to good use when you are able to utilise it.
It used to be a curse but now it's a gift
Old 25-11-2014, 08:39 AM
Seeker
I am an empath too and have always been so I don't know any other way to be and it is as natural to me as breathing.

If I am not careful I find it very easy to suck up other people's emotions and make them my own but, over the years, I have learnt to protect myself from this most of the time. I find crowds difficult as there are so many emotions there. I have learnt to block these out on the whole but, if I am feeling tired or particularly emotional myself, sometimes it can snowball and become unpleasant.

I seem to be able to know what a person is thinking too, if I allow it, and I am often in a position of waiting for the person to formulate the reply and say it out loud so I can reply. Being a quick thinker, this can be frustrating. I see pictures of the person concerned thoughts and emotions. This also works for snapshots of their lives (also given in snapshot pictorial form). It also works for picking up on innate objects such as buildings and their previous uses or what they look like inside or indeed for feeling past occurences in a building (which can be unsettling and not something I enjoy so I will block this sort of thing as a rule).

It is a useful skill on a good day and enables me to help others by focussing in and getting to the heart of the problem quickly and easily.There is one area it isn't so reliable and that is in my own intimate relationships. There I can falter as, when I am personal involved, it can be difficult to separate the facts from my own emotions and perceptions brought on by life experience. Which is the same as how we all react to a given situation. So it is not foolproof!

I used to wonder why I was different from most people I knew but then I met others either face to face or online and realised there are many of us about. As a scientist, I know that at the moment this isn't accepted as an ability which is possessed but I also know that evolution goes on. And why not?

Nowadays, I use what I have to counsel others and offer guidance where I can. I am also a healer using the universal energy which is available for all and I am trained in two hands-on traditions.

There are still days when I question it all but as I have gotten older I have mostly accepted it is what it is and have learnt to keep most of it to myself except when discussing it with like minded souls.

Blessings,
Ani
Old 25-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molattee
Does anyone find that their empathic abilities are affected by sickness/disease?

When I'm sick I can't feel the energy around me the way I feel it when I'm feeling healthy. So I would say yes it does affects it.