Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-06-2018, 05:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I keep hearing "higher level". Why higher? What's high? It sounds a bit hierarchical to me. I read it as greater refinement, distillation; a new, more appropriate belief that clarifies understanding of the cosmos a little more deeply/inwardly and our relationship within it.

Like, I mean, I'm gnostic. I can't think of anything in your terms that's "higher" than that but there's refinement to be done to assure my purity and how things fit together. Obviously it isn't as simple as that - but neither is "moving to a higher level" if only we knew what these discrete steps are that constitute these levels.

So, there it is.

By the way, linen53 could be right. In strict terms information is anything that reduces uncertainty. Unused knowledge isn't information - closer to data. To me an important distinction because the acquisition of information in a spiritual context can mean reduction of uncertainty re the progress of one's path.

Anyway, thanks for your comment.

Actually you are right. It isn't "higher". More across the board. But in the human mind's eye we see the Journey as, 'you start here and end there'. Many see it as a vertical climb.

I use the word higher a lot too just because I don't want to have to explain that each time.

Yes, a cup of information mixed in with a quarter cup of wisdom. Wisdom come when you have tested information, in my opinion.
Old 15-06-2018, 05:43 PM
Experiencer

linen, wish there was a like button in this forum. :) Thanks for the post
Old 16-06-2018, 01:03 AM
Master
Hello,

Just a curious question.

Isn't expressing anything in a way expressing a belief?

Meaning it is arising with in ones thoughts, so it is how or whatever a way one thinks/believe it to be, IMO.

Can spiritual awareness and what it may bring to one truly be placed in words without thought/belief of some form?

Even if it be a truth, it seems the truth in words has potential of many interpretations and thoughts. Due to experience and understanding.

A truth one holds or becomes aware of seems to become a part of the person him/her self and no words can really describe it. But, can be felt and seen with in the person as being there.

Just some thoughts that popped in.
Old 16-06-2018, 03:49 AM
Master
For myself here personally, enlightenment for me is simply being, or becoming more aware.

It is very simple for me.

For myself too I do not often find myself striving for enlightenment, or do not feel bad, if I am mistaken on something, or possibly ignorant of something.

There are a few key components to my belief system that I like to keep simple.

1. Honesty- I feel it better for myself to be honest with myself and others, so if I make a mistake, or am ignorant of something, or I say something about the belief of another and it doesn't pertain to their beliefs, and they correct me? Great. I admit I must have been mistaken.

2. Awareness, especially of how I am feeling in any given situation. Becoming aware of how I feel helps me face and deal with those feelings. Learning the difference between when I have legitimate cause to feel upset, or when it is just me, needlessly finding fault or being too critical of another.

That aside, I enjoy changing my beliefs, but I have found it isn't really changing them. I am not pagan one day, and atheist the next. I am not Christian one day and then wish to convert to Judaism the next. Instead I modify what it is I believe by experience. If I personally find something to be true at the time, then I do. Later if I find I was wrong? I'll admit it and deal with it then.

So I do not change my beliefs, rather I remain open, and allow also for others.

If it works for me, it works for me.

And a larger scale, if something works for someone it works for them.

I will not sit in critical review of those whom have belief in twinflames. I personally do not at this time believe in it, but I'd as well not be sitting in critical thought of those whom do.

It isn't my job to dictate who's beliefs are right, and why someone shouldn't change them.

That is how I feel about the falsehoods of our should haves and should nots.

I am of the view, that others can be left to do what feels best for them, and I can go my own way on my own journey, without the need to criticize what they do or do not do, or believe.

Those are my thoughts on the topic.
Old 16-06-2018, 08:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday
So... It seems that many people mistake changing their beliefs (to starting to believe in vibrations, twin flames, New world order, vaccinations being bad, organic food being healthy etc.) to be spiritual awakening.

True spiritual awakening has nothing to do with your beliefs. It has nothing to do with taking Jesus into your heart, atheism or theism. It it the shredding of beliefs that is true spiritual awakening. It is the giving up every belief you have, giving up yourself while at the same time becoming more yourself than you ever were. But beware! Also giving up beliefs can become a belief itself. A delusion if you may.

True spiritual awakening is very rare. It is something that happens to only few people in a century.

If Reiki and meditation and all that were as powerful as people think, we would all be enlightened by now.

Can you explain what a true spiritual awakening is please?
Old 16-06-2018, 10:11 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Can you explain what a true spiritual awakening is please?
I'd like to know that question too.
Old 16-06-2018, 10:51 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
matter=information
How do you define information?
Old 16-06-2018, 11:03 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday
We can use another word if you feel more comfortable with it.

What comes to hierarchy. There are people who know more, who understand more, who can do more than other people. It can be about being an athlete, a mathematician, a musician. Why would spiritual development be any different?
With respect, I don't think you've found the right question as yet and that's what you're really looking for. You are the answer looking for the question, not the other way around.

Sometimes there comes a time when the adopted definitions no longer hold sway and what we're looking for is something beyond the words.

The Sufis have a saying - "All beliefs go to God, but a belief in God is the strongest of all beliefs."

Spiritual development is different because people make it different; people make Spiritual, people make development and people make Spiritual development. 'Spiritual', 'awakening' and 'development' are definitions and they can all be anything we want them to be.

Someone once asked me "Can we not simply exist?"
Old 16-06-2018, 11:13 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
With respect, I don't think you've found the right question as yet and that's what you're really looking for. You are the answer looking for the question, not the other way around.

Yes, i am definitely looking for Answer and that's why i put up this thread. I am looking for Peoples opinions on this Matter. Doesnt mean i dont believe it strongly Or that it isn't the truth.

What Comes To what is True spiritual awakening. I Can only talk from my belief system. As i'm only starting this Journey, i do not have An experience on lets say what realizing oneness means. I Can speak only what i've heard and understood, and of course, from experience.

Spiritual awakening is letting go of everything that makes you you. It's a never ending process of realizing that we are all one. When you let go, Or clear issues so the energy Can run freely through you, you find immense clarity underneath, and also something beautiful and meaningful: your place in the world, which you accept without questioning.
Old 16-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Knower
***double***