Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 31-05-2018, 10:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
Just to be clear, I did not suggest the poster said negative towards Chinese, but the fact that we are talking about videos saying never buy Chinese does suggest there is in fact a negative context around this subject. There seems be be a general perception towards Chinese crystals with many people online/videos/bogs but personally I think it's a way that some people justify spending more from some other country for the same chemical makeup. I was referring to the general perception and not paperw1ngs personally. However I do believe saying Chinese crystals are low vibrational does verge on the edge of saying negative, no ?

I too like sharing experiences and opinions, which is why I am writing now. I would like to share my positive experiences with Chinese sellers, so others are not persuaded to discount the opportunities available there.

This is not an issue all of a sudden, this is a constant theme on this fourm and I feel I have to defend my Chinese friends constantly.
Really? So saying that Canadian maple syrup is the best in the world says "Canadians are the best in the world"?
Saying "South African white wine is absolutely horrible!" is saying "South Africans are horrible"?
Please don't play silly bleepers with me, and don't twist my words to suit your needs. Not appreciated.
Chinese crystals ARE lower vibrational and are of lower quality than for instance Madagascar and Brazilian crystals of the same type. That's not even opinion, that is fact. If you cannot see or feel that, not my problem. Doesn't make you a bad person, nor does it make Brazilian people or the country better than Chinese or China.
Nor does it matter when you are buying crystals as you feel drawn to what resonates with you and what resonates with you is always perfect.

I also don't know what you're talking about with vids on Chinese. I never mentioned that, never even knew those existed. The reason I don't know is that I simply aren't interested in that negative stuff. I feel and intuit.

I actually feel for PaperWings that this topic got twisted around into making it personal while it's not, and making people apologize and defend themselves.
It was and should be about the OP: a beautiful crystal and the question if it is real and if it is safe for PaperWings to go for it.
Old 31-05-2018, 11:20 AM
Master
It is definitely a beautiful crystal- I would think so actually even if fake.

But yes paperwings is buying a crystal because she would like a real crystal, that is really the topic matter at hand.

100 percent to know for certain it is recommended to go to a geologist- Personally? This isn't even always sane, rational, or feasible advice. Especially in the case of quartz. One shouldn't buy something and then have to pay a geologist to look at it to make absolute sure anyway, that's not practical or reasonable.

I am very glad paper that where you've purchased from does offer a refund if you find yourself dissatisfied- probably best not to permanently affix it to anything in any way, until you are certain you intend to keep it. If you find it is a fake, return it, and get a refund. With the refund you then could make another crystal purchase from somewhere-again god willing- that offers a refund, and that you find trustworthy.

It is completely understandable to come to the crystal and gemstones section looking for help to establish whether a stone is real or not. I simply can not tell from the photo.

However- I have found local what appears as natural quartz with a yellowish coloring around my area, too with rainbows like Fairy Crystal has mentioned. I found it a couple weeks ago. I actually never knew before then that quartz could have rainbows like that. When I found my small quartz piece I noticed a couple small rainbow areas within it, and began to question if it was valid, this thread has done good as well. It has answered a few of my own questions particularly with the information regarding rainbows within quartz- I have personally never have seen this- its new to me.

Fairy Crystals post absolutely confirmed this possibility for me in regards to my recent find, so thank you Fairy Crystal for that.

In my view I feel the quartz piece you've shown here, paperwings, is gorgeous, and I very much do hope it turns out real for you.

But take comfort luckily the seller you've purchased from does offer a refund, and even if it should turn out, most unfortunately, to not be a real crystal, it isn't a total loss, and I very much hope it does not damper in any way your love for crystals.

I feel perhaps as well given time, you may come to find while spending time with different crystals and stones and practicing feeling the energy you may feel you begin to feel more energy within the stones, as well as differing kinds of energy.

I know some stones, feel like they have too much energy for me. I can tell as these with excess or strong energy will hurt my hands physically, no marks, not the stones themselves hurting, it is like an energetic pain. I actually have not entirely figured out what this means.

I notice lately the softer stones, are easier on my hands, pink granite, rose quartz, unakite, all these have pink in them.

Fascinating though odd.

Best of luck, hope it turns out well for you.
Old 31-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Experiencer
" Please don't play silly bleepers with me, and don't twist my words to suit your needs. Not appreciated."

Who is playing ? These are your exact words and I was trying to be nice even given you a wink, but you seem to take offense. You say you don't say negative towards Chinese crystals but yet you call them invaluable and low vibrational.

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, however I am also entitled to mine and when something is stated as fact, I am within my rights to ask for some sort of proof. ( natural even ) Personally I take no offense, you can think what you want about crystals. I do however have a chinese friend that deals in wholesale crystals. He believes they are actual entities with high spirutual energy, and he might take some offense.

"Really? So saying that Canadian maple syrup is the best in the world says "Canadians are the best in the world"?
Saying "South African white wine is absolutely horrible!" is saying "South Africans are horrible"?"

Not sure how this relates to the conversation. I never said China was the best or worst. I think we have already confirmed racism was not the issue here.

"I also don't know what you're talking about with vids on Chinese. "

The Vid Paperw1ings was referring to. You would see this if you read the entire thread.

"Chinese crystals ARE lower vibrational and are of lower quality than for instance Madagascar and Brazilian crystals of the same type. That's not even opinion, that is fact."

Really ? You have a vibration-meter do you ? I think it's opinion, which is fine, it's also my opinion that Chinese crystals are not worthless.

" I actually feel for PaperWings that this topic got twisted around into making it personal while it's not, and making people apologize and defend themselves. "

You feel for PaperW1ings ? Why ? Nobody was attacking them, I thought we went over that.

"It was and should be about the OP: a beautiful crystal and the question if it is real and if it is safe for PaperWings to go for it."

Yes we can both agree on that. That's why I posted, to let her know not to listen to all the Anti-China **

"

Last edited by Crystal canuck : 31-05-2018 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:08 AM
Experiencer

My main issue with Chinese purchases is they take ages to get here and I'm impatient! I sometimes forget I've ordered by the time they arrive, haha.

The good thing about quartz is it's hugely abundant and varies in quality. It means you can get huge pieces for very little money. Likewise, you can pay more for smaller pieces that are purer and higher quality. The main thing is that you are drawn to the crystal you are buying. I just love quartz, it's one of my favourites and I think it's because it's so diverse - I particularly like the milky / rainbow / inclusion / interesting types.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:31 AM
Experiencer
Hi Fruitloop ! I know what you mean about waiting, it can be a drag. For me when I order the large crystals it usually takes anywhere from 3-6 weeks to get it from China. To me it's not such a big deal, because it's usually a spectacular specimen I know I will enjoy the rest of my life, and sometimes the waiting is sort of fun in itself. The wonder of what it's actually going to look like in person, and when you get it, it can actually be sort of anti-climatic. I think sometimes the appeal of getting these from China is that it's some far away foreign country, giving an extra amount of bewilderment and excitement.

I agree 100 % about quartz. It's awesome. It might actually be my one of my favorite stones. It's certainly the one that really kick-started my main collection. I have acquired lots of different varieties as you mention ( mostly from China, hate to bring that up again, but seriously China is great for this stone ) I have collected large specimens ( 8-30 LBS ) of Clear Quartz, Smokey Quartz, Black quartz ( one of my favs ) Pink quartz, red quartz, Citrine, Amethyst, Green phantom quartz, and yellow quartz. All natural specimens. Quartz also comes in different shapes like geodes, and delicate flower crysanthmum like habits, or large stalactite type crystals. One could almost call Quartz the King of crystals. And yes, I got some really large impressive specimens for only a few hundred dollars in most cases.

I forgot to mention Rose quartz. This is actually different than pink quartz of course. I have a really nice 15 LBS specimen I got from U.S.A. ( It's got a weird but really cool white line down the middle that almost perfectly splits it in two, I was told there is a name for that but I forget ) I guess it's the only quartz I didn't get from China. Originally it came with a 6 lbs bonus piece as well, but gave it to a tarot card reader. Long story, my wife babysits her dog. She was quite impressed with our crystal collection, it resonates with her on a different level, much like my wife, she can feel the energy, but ironically, I don't think she feels them as well as my wife, she can actually identify the different energy flows.

You mentioned quartz with inclusions. I am not sure if I have a specimen or not. When I think of quartz with inclusions I think of a clear quartz with a visible inclusion within the crystal. I guess this would count, I have a large almost 30 LBS micro quartz crystalline boulder, with pink tourmaline running all over it. It not of course gem grade tourmaline, but very interesting nonetheless. It might have tourmaline inside, but I am not going to break it open to find out !

My wife has some crystal balls with tourmaline inclusions. I am sort of interested in quartz with rutile inclusions. At first I thought these were very thin tourmaline inclusions, but now I realize that rutile is actually a different mineral with a very high refractive index.

Last edited by Crystal canuck : 03-06-2018 at 07:05 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:08 PM
Experiencer

I'm quite fond of rutile quartz, I have a couple of small points that contain rutile and I really like them. Quartz is definitely one of my favourites - it's so versatile! It's not a crystal I ever get bored of.

China sells so many things for very little money, it's easy to see where the draw is. The same crystal that you'd buy in a shop could be 1/4 of the price online via a Chinese seller. I suspect several shops buy cheaply in bulk and sell on!!

Most of my pieces are smaller / medium sized as I don't have space for the large specimens. I tend to go for interesting pieces that I'm drawn to. I'd love to collect large pieces, but may find myself knocked out and buried with said purchases if I brought them home ;)