Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-05-2018, 07:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I read an article today witch in my mind is a prime example of deseption. There was this Minister asking people on the internet to help to donate $54 million to him for a personal jet so he can spread the word of God. He went on to say " in my travels I have burned up 3 personal jets spreading the word of God." He also went on to say. " If Jesus was alive today I am sure he wouldn't be riding a donkey, he would be in a jet". I think of that as deseption and using the Lord's name for your own wealth. I am not a reglious person but I see Jesus as a person who once lived that died for what he believed in and a person who was born and lived a poor life. He also did great things for his people with nothing but his own will. he chose that donkey to ride for a reason. I am sure he could have had gold plated wagons beautiful women feeding him grapes and fanning him through the dessert too. But he didn't. That's my view of Jesus. Ok sorry for the rant but I had to get that one off my chest.
I also watched a video about Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (Osho) and Rajneeshpuram. Did you know that Osho had over 90 Rolls Royces, 4 Leer Jets and hundreds of gold and diamond encrusted wrist watches? I don't think he needed them to spread his 'message'...but he did...and so, that created bias immediately.
Old 30-05-2018, 08:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I also watched a video about Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (Osho) and Rajneeshpuram. Did you know that Osho had over 90 Rolls Royces, 4 Leer Jets and hundreds of gold and diamond encrusted wrist watches? I don't think he needed them to spread his 'message'...but he did...and so, that created bias immediately.
unfortunately it's all to common. And it's far from new. I never trust a preacher with a pinky ring. Or anyone for that matter. Lol
Old 30-05-2018, 10:56 AM
Master
Unless somebody is able to explain this one to me, I have got noo-o idea how this method could possibly relate to ‘Shamanism’ or why this practice is done in the name of Shamanism:
https://www.researchgate.net/publica...both_ methods
Old 30-05-2018, 01:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Unless somebody is able to explain this one to me, I have got noo-o idea how this method could possibly relate to ‘Shamanism’ or why this practice is done in the name of Shamanism:
https://www.researchgate.net/publica...both_ methods
Sorry, I read it and went "huh"? That made less sense than me trying to understand whether I really exist or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsyplaii9p4

One should never begin by saying "the Truth cannot be explained" and then go on to try and explain the Truth.

I was not shocked...I had no emotional response beyond "tell me something I don't know"...but what is it that knows this?

Suffice to say, I started falling asleep half way through it and had to find something else to watch...found a video about the "Secret Knowledge of Belief" by Claude M Bristol and breathed a sigh of relief:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DYmgoij4FQ
Old 30-05-2018, 08:37 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberatedLotus
So, according to your premise, then what would you
conclude about the myraid of other topics that
Mark Passio, Michael Tsarion, Jordan Maxwell,
David Icke and Jay Parker discuss?
Not to mention the plethora of others involved
in the Free Your Mind Movement & conferences?

Including, but not limited to, chemical / bio /
psychological warfare, artifical intelligence /
trans & post humanism agendas, astrotheology,
ancient civilizations & bloodlines, ET & MD interferences,
cults & secret societies, etc?

Is this the result of freeing the mind & lifting the veil?

Seeing things as they actually are.
Seeing the world how it actually is.

What is one conscious of?

May I Add:

Michael Tsarion: The War On Consciousness

I've researched everything you're talking about and more. If I had to guesstimate how many hours I invested in researching it all I would say well over 15k hours. Started for me around 06-07 when the housing collapse occurred. I began listening to a guy named Peter Schiff who predicted the collapse while the professionals laughed him off. That's when I started to question things. When the market collapsed I thought it was the perfect time to invest in stocks when everything was rock bottom. I put all my money in stocks at the end of 2008, early 2009 despite the fear of learning the world is not what I thought it was. Went from Peter Schiff to Alex Jones and beyond including the youtubers in the know. Predictions were made and those predictions came true so I became 100% convinced that what they were saying was about to happen.

After that it's all I could focus on. I feared a man made global pandemic, man made collapse and being rounded up into FEMA camps. At one point I was convinced of an impending false flag nuclear attack thanks to Operation Black Jack. I pulled out of all my stocks and used that money to buy canned goods and supplies to prepare for impending doom. I warned friends and family, even handing out books on the subject, showing them what I considered proof. They wanted nothing to do with it. I called them willfully ignorant, they called me crazy. Well it's a decade later and those that I called willfully ignorant continued to live there lives, raise their children and enjoyed life while I wasted years living in fear and losing tons of money as every stock I had invested in recovered and then some. Recently had to give away all my canned goods before they expired. Zeitgeist and people back then who were trying to "wake" people up would use a clip of Howard Beale in the 1975 film "Network" where he says, “I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!”

Well that's exactly how I feel about what I went through, at least the "I'm not going to take it anymore!" part. I learned the hard way that when you buy into other people's reality their reality becomes yours. Where you put your focus is what you experience. Lifting what I call the final veil came only after I had let go of everything, and the realization was that life here on earth is trivial compared to the bigger picture. That's just my experience. Your views and beliefs are as valid as mine or anyone else's because we are all seeing and experiencing reality differently.

Last edited by Daryl Van Horne : 30-05-2018 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:07 AM
Seeker
I do think that various factions within the umbrella term of "Spirituality" should have a burden of proof.

I think that what Alan Watts said is quite salient; "All belief (in God) is lack of faith."

You can certainly remove "God" and replace it with any other belief, but it stands that if you are holding on to something, yet you don't know of its veracity, you could be building a house on a flimsy foundation.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:58 AM
Che Lazou

New Age Deceptions.

Each of us dream this world on our own terms.

The things that captivate us grow in our awareness as our life lessons until we forget them through death.

If you think about it we die every second, not just our many cells, but our memories.

No one has their attention on 100% of their past all of the time.

No one can recall 100% of their past at any moment.

Nothing is lost.

But all things dies, are temporarlly forgotten.

If the ideas of David Icke or the like resonate with you it is because you have brought them into you life dream due to your attachments.

Their validity is only based on these attachments, which are only as real as the life dream that you are dreaming.

Letting go of these attachments, changing your life dream, requires forgetting or the death of the premises upon which these attachments are based and these can go quite deep into your life lessons.

You do not need to "solve" your life lessons in order to change direction, just decide that you have learned enough from that particular set of premises.

With the "New Age" stuff that you are referring to, if you have had enough, you need to question why they resonated with you in the first place and came into your life and find the source of the illusion within yourself.

Ignoring them may not be easy, especially with such global conspiracies that are connected to so many aspects of your life.

Some people will only forget them and change life dreams after physical death.

Others will go through a state of being "born again" or finding "enlightenment" or some such experience in order to forget.

It may be as simple as simply killing that part of the ego which is attached.

At any rate they only continue to resonate in your life dream so long as they live in your imagination.

You decide what is true or not.

Thank you.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:12 AM
Master
I thought about a very apt quote the other day;

"I'm only responsible for what I say and not for what you understand".

This led into the story behind the 'Tower of Babel'.

It also reinforces the whole reason why it is that I keep to myself and I'm non-verbal a lot of the time...I just cannot seem to cut through all of the cognitive bias to have a somewhat reasonable conversation with others.

Then, I start asking myself what part of other human beings are really 'Divine'?

We can let go...give up the attachments, only to realise we are as alone throughout life as we came into it and exit it.
Old 27-01-2019, 06:01 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

Occultism is the willful use of conscious force, albeit subtle, to effect objective changes in reality by quasi-‘physical’ means, vs. spirituality, which is essentially the devotion, service and surrender to the Divine Will in and through the vehicle of the physical as a conscious instrument of it.

It is currently an urgent necessity that seekers shed the materialistic bias as an end in itself, and the subsequent preoccupation with occultism which has wrongly in many cases taken the place of now obsolete definitions of and relationships to God/Highest Self that were previously mediated by various institutions of traditional religion. These have been very effective but many seekers have evolved to a place where they are ready to supersede them in the same way that religion itself once represented a superseding of more primitive forms.

The key difference in the shifting of the ‘ages’ is that new-age will constitute a predominance of self-mediation, vs. centrally imposed via any institution. But there is nothing inherently any more deceptive within the emerging new-age than that same ignorance impeding and distorting what came before it. This is a difference of form in the spontaneous emergence of the spiritual aspiration in human nature. Focus on occultism is a shift in CONTENT and intent, as that focus is a diversion from the spiritual. It is a mistake, and just because there is presently a great deal of evidence that this mistake is prevalent does not mean that it is necessarily the ideal. In fact it represents a crisis.

Yes, aspirants who find traditional organized religion now obsolete or not appropriate for their personal evolutionary requirements need to strike out on their own and find their own spiritual path intuitively - but mistakenly many think this will necessarily involve occultism, which believe it or not, has no necessary connection to spirituality (see Bartholomew’s recent thread).

Excellent, where is this poster?