Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 29-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Knower

I have heard Dolores Cannon say that with traditional hypnosis methods it is said that about 1 out of 20, or 1 out of 30 people will be able to go into the deep somnambulistic state. That isn't very many.

But, with the methods she teaches she says the results are just the opposite. That is to say that only 1 out of 20, or 1 out of 30 will not go into the deep somnambulistic state - the rest of them will. So if her methods work as well as she claims then most people should be able to go into the somnambulistic state where you can regress them to a past life or whatever.
Old 29-06-2013, 01:58 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuurt
Yeah, I find Dolores Cannon very interesting too. She has several intriguing books that I would love to read. I just purchase the first book in her Convoluted Universe Series.

Okay, so it sounds like something I probably can't learn from a book. I know that Dolores Cannon also has an online course teaching this stuff. It consists of about 18 hours of video and it cost US$700. Maybe I'll try that one of these days if I can't find a cheaper alternative.

I didn't really want to make a career out of this or anything. I just wanted to be able to try this stuff on family and friends. And teach someone in my family how to do it to me.

I have ordered one of her books, but have deep reservations about her because of what she said about native Americans having alien DNA, which is just too much for me as then I would have to accept that most Asians had alien DNA as well..... but I will read her book and decide then.....
Old 30-06-2013, 05:49 AM
Knower

Actually her findings seem to point to the fact that the entire human race was seeded by extraterrestrials from the beginning, not just the Native Americans. A lot of people seem to be coming around to this understanding, not just those who are exposed to her books. According to her material, seeding life on different planets is something the ETs do throughout the universe. We know that human DNA is at least 95 percent the same as a chimpanzees DNA. But, how about that other 5 percent? Her findings seem to indicate that we are all hybrids - a mix of chimp and ET, although not all the same type of ET (which explains how we have different races of human beings).

I try to keep an open mind. I really can't see Dolores making up this stuff though because she has taught thousands of people how to do what she does. You can get questions answered from the akashic records, from guides, from the persons Higher Self, and from the person's past life personalities. So, if her or her students can ask these numerous sources the same questions and they always receive the same answers or similar answers to their questions then there must be something to it.

Btw, I think it was her book "The Legend of Starcrash" that talks about the Native Americans having ET DNA. But, she does mention in other books how we're all hybrids seeded by ETs.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:38 PM
justme50

Many years ago, my husband and I attended a mind, body and spirit fair. There was a hypnotist who claimed to be able to regress people to former lives. My husband whose training is in science, invited the guy back to our home to try the business on him. The hypnotist charged £25 for his services, which was quite substantial at the time. Anyway they went in to the sitting room and our teenage girls and I listened behind the closed door. It was hilarious, and we had a job not to giggle.

Hypnotist "You are feeling very sleepy."

My husband "No I'm not."

Hypnotist "Yes you are."

My husband "No I'm not."

This exchange went on for several minutes. The hypnotist left in disgust in the end taking his fee with him. He blamed my husband for no co-operating!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:12 AM
Master

You have to want to be hypnotised. If you do not want to be hypnotised it will not work. I have read that many times.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:40 AM
justme50

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
You have to want to be hypnotised. If you do not want to be hypnotised it will not work. I have read that many times.

My husband didn't pay £25, which was a reasonable sum of money in those days, in order not to be hypnotised!
Old 06-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Master

You are right, he would not want to waste his money. Some people can be hypnotised easier than others.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator
Once I agreed to be hypnotised but deep down I didn't feel much empathy with the person doing it. I felt he didn't know me. He told me my arm was getting lighter and lighter and I couldn't stop it from lifting up. I felt nothing, just my normal arm. This went on for a few minutes, then I said "what am I supposed to do? Make my arm go up by deliberately lifting it, or wait some more for this to work?" He told me I was no good as a subject.

Another time I went for regression hypnosis. I liked the woman doing it. I felt some empathy with her, and that she was genuine.
I responded much better, and got some images and impressions of a past time. I don't know if they were true or not but I had no trouble relaxing that time.

I think that some times if our trust is lacking we can't be hypnotised. And if we feel trust, it's easier.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:34 AM
Master

I think you are right Tobi. Years ago I tried to be hypnotised but I was not able to be hypnotised so I stopped going. I do not think there was anything wrong with this person. I think it was just me. I could not relax or I could not relax that much. Because of that I do not want to go to another hypnotist.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:38 AM
Knower

Tobi just mentioned how she went for regression hypnosis one time and got some images and impressions of a past time. But, unfortunately she didn't know after words if they were true or not. I just wanted to point out that this seems to be a common problem with traditional regression hypnosis - people don't know if they're making it up or not.

But, what's great about Dolores Cannon's method is that she takes them to the deepest state of hypnosis, the somnambulistic state or theta state where they aren't even conscious. So they come out of hypnosis not remembering a thing. Play back the tapes and find that another part of themselves had been having a conversation with Dolores the whole time, and all this information was coming through about past lives. For me, that would make the information that came through much more believable.