Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 23-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Pathfinder

Overcoming fear

I have tried to Astral Project on and off for almost a year now, and the farthest I ever seem to come (only getting this far once or twice) is to a state of slight vibration. I have become so frustrated with my inability to Astral Project, but also understand that it takes some people years to master and that I must be patient. I came across the fact that my problem might be that I fear the astral realm.. If anyone has any advice on how to get over these fears or personal experience they would like to share it would be greatly appreciated! Or any advice or tips in general on how to Astral Project!
Thanks so much, have a great day!
Old 24-10-2014, 01:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsSarahCare210
I have tried to Astral Project on and off for almost a year now, and the farthest I ever seem to come (only getting this far once or twice) is to a state of slight vibration. I have become so frustrated with my inability to Astral Project, but also understand that it takes some people years to master and that I must be patient. I came across the fact that my problem might be that I fear the astral realm.. If anyone has any advice on how to get over these fears or personal experience they would like to share it would be greatly appreciated! Or any advice or tips in general on how to Astral Project!
Thanks so much, have a great day!
Unless you're manually aborting your near projections I don't think that fear is to blame at this point. A lot of people get to vibrations with a strong desire to project but then as soon as vibrations begin and they know they could be moments away from projecting into another dimension they become overwhelmed with fear and manually abort the near projection attempt. But unless you're aborting yourself then it's going to be difficult to blame fear. Not that fear isn't an issue or isn't going to be an issue because it usually is for beginners, but what you described sounds like to me you just haven't been able to project yet and that fear is not to blame. In reality you have already experienced the bodies and dimensions that astral projection takes us into, as long as you are a person who remembers their dreams. Even if you don't remember them you still go to the same bodies and dimensions when you sleep it's just a matter of recalling the experiences.

Typically beginners fear the unknown and "negative" beings mostly because they have been misinformed about what astral projection is and what "negative" beings are and are capable of. The truth is even if you experience your biggest fear in a projection you can choose to end the projection, sometimes it might take a few seconds but either way you can end it. So in a way astral projection is safer than our physical life because if you get into trouble in this life and dimension you can't just wake yourself up. Liberating yourself from fear is going to be a long and personal process that is going to require different things for different people, so I can't really tell you how to do it. For me it was getting exposure to the types of beings people fear and to learn about these other dimensions through my projections. Things are a lot less foreign to me now and there isn't anything any being can do in these dimensions to solicit a fearful response from me, but it took years for me to reach that point as it will for most other people. You just need to take it one step at a time most people get fearful when they start getting ahead of themselves and anticipating what they might or might not encounter, the truth is you have absolutely no clue what you might or might not encounter until you do or do not encounter it. Once you encounter something you don't want to then you can deal with it, but until then I suggest just focusing on the process of projecting until you have found what works best for you.
Old 24-10-2014, 01:32 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Unless you're manually aborting your near projections I don't think that fear is to blame at this point. A lot of people get to vibrations with a strong desire to project but then as soon as vibrations begin and they know they could be moments away from projecting into another dimension they become overwhelmed with fear and manually abort the near projection attempt. But unless you're aborting yourself then it's going to be difficult to blame fear. Not that fear isn't an issue or isn't going to be an issue because it usually is for beginners, but what you described sounds like to me you just haven't been able to project yet and that fear is not to blame. In reality you have already experienced the bodies and dimensions that astral projection takes us into, as long as you are a person who remembers their dreams. Even if you don't remember them you still go to the same bodies and dimensions when you sleep it's just a matter of recalling the experiences.

Typically beginners fear the unknown and "negative" beings mostly because they have been misinformed about what astral projection is and what "negative" beings are and are capable of. The truth is even if you experience your biggest fear in a projection you can choose to end the projection, sometimes it might take a few seconds but either way you can end it. So in a way astral projection is safer than our physical life because if you get into trouble in this life and dimension you can't just wake yourself up. Liberating yourself from fear is going to be a long and personal process that is going to require different things for different people, so I can't really tell you how to do it. For me it was getting exposure to the types of beings people fear and to learn about these other dimensions through my projections. Things are a lot less foreign to me now and there isn't anything any being can do in these dimensions to solicit a fearful response from me, but it took years for me to reach that point as it will for most other people. You just need to take it one step at a time most people get fearful when they start getting ahead of themselves and anticipating what they might or might not encounter, the truth is you have absolutely no clue what you might or might not encounter until you do or do not encounter it. Once you encounter something you don't want to then you can deal with it, but until then I suggest just focusing on the process of projecting until you have found what works best for you.
Thank you so much, this definitely makes sense and is a better understanding.. If you don't mind me asking what method works for you? I also found that everytime I got to the part where you should "pull yourself out" of your human body that I just ended up shooting up in bed, still well in human form!
Old 24-10-2014, 03:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsSarahCare210
Thank you so much, this definitely makes sense and is a better understanding.. If you don't mind me asking what method works for you? I also found that everytime I got to the part where you should "pull yourself out" of your human body that I just ended up shooting up in bed, still well in human form!
In reality there is no such thing as pulling yourself out because the bodies we experience through astral projection are never inside of our physical body to begin with. Our physical body exists in this one specific high-density physical dimension on Earth that we live in, the bodies we experience through astral projection exist in completely different dimensions. With that said it's just not possible for an astral or other type body we experience through astral projection to leave or enter our physical body, they do not exist in the same space. The only thing that ever leaves our physical body in dreams or projections is our consciousness, and the only thing that is absolutely necessary to astral project is having your consciousness shift out of one body and dimension into another. The processes necessary to make that happen will vary from one person to another, as will the symptoms and side-effects that occur prior to and after that happens. Those symptoms and side-effects are the misunderstood sensations and feelings that have lead people to come to the misconstrued belief that their astral body must leave their physical body and so forth. For me personally I mostly project through my natural sleeping cycles that occur when I wake up and fall back asleep and so forth, I've streamlined it to produce the highest amount of lucid dreams and projections possible at this point and it is much more productive than spending hours meditating purely for the purpose of astral projection. I do meditate for astral projection occasionally, and I do meditate on a daily basis just to meditate. But when it comes to astral projections for me personally using my natural sleeping cycles is much more efficient.
Old 24-10-2014, 03:26 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
In reality there is no such thing as pulling yourself out because the bodies we experience through astral projection are never inside of our physical body to begin with. Our physical body exists in this one specific high-density physical dimension on Earth that we live in, the bodies we experience through astral projection exist in completely different dimensions. With that said it's just not possible for an astral or other type body we experience through astral projection to leave or enter our physical body, they do not exist in the same space. The only thing that ever leaves our physical body in dreams or projections is our consciousness, and the only thing that is absolutely necessary to astral project is having your consciousness shift out of one body and dimension into another. The processes necessary to make that happen will vary from one person to another, as will the symptoms and side-effects that occur prior to and after that happens. Those symptoms and side-effects are the misunderstood sensations and feelings that have lead people to come to the misconstrued belief that their astral body must leave their physical body and so forth. For me personally I mostly project through my natural sleeping cycles that occur when I wake up and fall back asleep and so forth, I've streamlined it to produce the highest amount of lucid dreams and projections possible at this point and it is much more productive than spending hours meditating purely for the purpose of astral projection. I do meditate for astral projection occasionally, and I do meditate on a daily basis just to meditate. But when it comes to astral projections for me personally using my natural sleeping cycles is much more efficient.
This a very interesting experience, this could honestly be what I needed. I've always been so obsessed with the idea of pulling myself out of my body, or rolling out of my body. For this is how everyone else has described it! Your explanation makes a lot more sense to me. Thanks so much again for taking the time to read and reply! Glad to know people are listening! :)