Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 11-02-2018, 12:15 AM
Master
Going on here with my own agenda – why we absolutely need nondual awakenings and/or ‘Oneness Awareness-raising’ so desperately in modern times:

https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...-garbage-video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qT-rOXB6NI

Last edited by sentient : 11-02-2018 at 01:29 AM.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
There is no other state, its all in your mind, and the mind only.

When you write "There is no other state" who or what is writing?

:)
Old 11-02-2018, 01:42 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
When you write "There is no other state" who or what is writing?

The mind, but the mind is used as a tool, when you have experienced beyond the mind then the mind is your tool of communication.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:00 AM
Master

Quote:
The mind, but the mind is used as a tool, when you have experienced beyond the mind then the mind is your tool of communication.

Yes a tool to express ideas like "There is no other state" and ideas like there are various states including feeling disconnected or feeling connected.

Old 11-02-2018, 05:33 AM
Knower
Quote:

I understand what your conveying and had a similar understanding but there is a couple nagging questions I get when meditating in the past of a very similar nature.

1) "experienced beyond mind" is that a direct reference to nonduality? How can you be sure that which is experiencing beyond isn't a part of the mind pretending to be that?

2) "the mind is your tool of communication" Who is 'your' that uses the mind?

I am trying to resolve this for myself because there a distinction in my mind between hyper-conscious and what which is referred to as nonduality.

If it's the hyper-conscious your referring to then I understand your post completely.

Hyper-conscious is the closest resemblance to nonduality as I understand it.

Nonduality to me is that one thing overlooked and not tied to everything (everything is tied to everything). Not being tied to everything makes using a mind as a tool irrelevant.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:40 AM
Knower
Deleted...
Old 11-02-2018, 08:01 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I wasn't 'surprised'. 'Eek' means many things.

You're a jerk.
I 'get' that that's how you see me.

Believe it or not, I wasn't specifically talking to you. I was sharing my perspective with anyone/everyone interested in considering it - it related to things I had previously said, I thought - in response to the comments (perspectives) you shared in this publicly accessible forum.

You are right I don't believe you.
I looked at post 27 again.

The one you didn't mean me in?
I notice I am quoted by you 3 times. To which you respond with cleverly hidden pain points we discussed in our fight and let's exchange cleverly and blunt stabs at each other thread. Which you now claim to want to go back to topic to..

Nah. I see soliciting when I see it. Also I see the signs of some personality disorder who cannot stand not being believed, revered or seen as he sees himself.

I'll say now as I said before.
If you want a mirroring contest. I'm Game.
I'll mirror your delusion and manipulations with crude and honest insults word for word.
We may create our own thread though for that.

I'll await the creation of it as a sign you wish to continue this exchange.
If you don't I'll take it as a sign that I am wrong about your narcissistic tendencies

And we can just peacefully co-exist on this forum.
I'll try not to quote and talk with you.
And you don't quote and paint false pictures of me.

How does that sound?
With Love
Eelco
Old 11-02-2018, 10:52 PM
Master
Since I started this ‘Nature Evangelism’ (as I feel very passionate about Nature) – here is something I wrote years ago about a special place. Not exactly a ‘nondual awakening’ experience, but an expression of Nature Time as a 'direct pointer'.

Prior to moving to Central Australia I lived in Far Nth. Queensland tropics in a truly beautiful place with untouched nature still abound, but it was a small community - so in many ways living there was like living in suburbia as well. As such, I sometimes found it difficult to detach myself from the ‘human-mind-chatter-overlay-world’ and its ‘time-rhythm’, since it always was (and generally is), ‘the foremost consensus reality’ to consider in daily life.
So in order to experience/remember ‘nature time’, I sometimes made trips deeper into the rainforests or went further inland into savanna - country.

There is this place called Chillagoe, inland, not too far where I used to live. Dry, vast savanna-type landscape, dotted with ancient rock formations.

When I went there, it was like entering through a doorway into timelessness.
And within that vast-timeless-space-silence, every nature-sound, every movement (time) became only like an ‘echo of eternity’ or only like an accentuation of that timelessness, acquiring an almost illusory, somewhat hollow holographic quality, and yet - thus making the ‘holograph’ also Sacred.
Maybe one could call it: ‘Eternal-Primordial-All-Pervasive-All-Accommodating-Unconditional-Space-Awareness’, for it feels like the ‘Sourceless-Source’ for ‘All-That-Is’ - therefore making everything equal and interconnected.

In a way having gone through that ‘doorway’ was like having been swallowed up by ‘Womb of Creation’ itself, which can be likened to a meditative state where in the silence and stillness of your inner space you watch your thought-, and emotional forms arise from nothingness or emptiness only to see them dissolve into emptiness again - realizing that these thought and emotional forms do not have such solidity after all, solidity which one formerly took for granted.

Rainbow Serpent is said to hold all the creation in her belly, and when Thunder sounds, that is Rainbow Serpent's voice. This is not unlike Eurasian experience of hearing the sound of The Thunderbird heralding a moment, when time and timelessness, Essence and Creation meet at The World Tree – World Pole (like in nondual awakening experience).

Australian Aboriginal people are said to describe their psyche, their awareness with the word "Dreamtime" (not exactly their word for it) but in which the past, the presence and the future and all phenomenal existence are but a ‘display’ or ‘unfoldment’ of the said "Eternal Dreamtime" and this upside-down, or mirror view of the world being their ‘foremost consensus reality’.
To perceive in this primordial way gave them an understanding of the underlying law governing all our existence and how to live in this Sacred World accordingly.
(Now of course times have changed, but I do have a huge respect for this Country, and for its Dreaming and for those Elders who still remember it).

Since I am not an Australian native, I can only say, that my experience about Chillagoe is my own experienced version of trying to get closer to understanding "Eternal Dreamtime".
But maybe there are many Chillagoes in the world; - places, which like portals, at a given time grant us an entry into experiencing our multidimensionality for a moment that spells out Eternity.
Old 12-02-2018, 01:55 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Yes a tool to express ideas like "There is no other state" and ideas like there are various states including feeling disconnected or feeling connected.

But still its either right or wrong.
Old 12-02-2018, 02:19 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl
I understand what your conveying and had a similar understanding but there is a couple nagging questions I get when meditating in the past of a very similar nature.

1) "experienced beyond mind" is that a direct reference to nonduality? How can you be sure that which is experiencing beyond isn't a part of the mind pretending to be that?

2) "the mind is your tool of communication" Who is 'your' that uses the mind?

I am trying to resolve this for myself because there a distinction in my mind between hyper-conscious and what which is referred to as nonduality.

If it's the hyper-conscious your referring to then I understand your post completely.

Hyper-conscious is the closest resemblance to nonduality as I understand it.

Nonduality to me is that one thing overlooked and not tied to everything (everything is tied to everything). Not being tied to everything makes using a mind as a tool irrelevant.
When I say experienced beyond the mind i mean an experience of enlightenment, the experience itself is only secondary to that which is beyond the mind. To convey this experience to others is near impossible, we have to us language which was constructed through the mind and therefore what we convey becomes a conversation in duality.

All is one in Consciousness which is beyond the conscious mind, no matter if we realize this or not, to argue against this one would have to experience beyond the mind to have concert evidence that this isn't so.

Hyper Consciousness or the Source of all is only a pointer, it isn't that which is, again language fails us. To cling to the words no matter how beautiful is to miss the mark, us the words as a tool and then throw them away.