Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 20-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Master
Sweetening the Dream...

Has anyone ever had a bad dream...or a disturbing dream....&/or one you couldn't understand?

...or a recurring dream that felt disturbing or seemed negative?

If so, has anyone tried to "sweeten the dream" using the "alchemic incantation" in the Gemara (Berachot 55b) to transmute the dream for the good?

I did this over the weekend...once I finally was able to recall this disturbing recurring dream I was having. And I have to say, there is something therapeutic as well as metaphysical...healing emotionally and spiritually...to this incantation.

Here it is...
Peace & blessings,
7L

WHAT TO DO ABOUT DREAMS
(a) (Rav Huna bar Ami): If one is bothered by a dream, he should interpret it in front of three people.
(b) Objection: [It is better not to interpret it;] Rav Chisda taught that a dream that is not interpreted is like an unread letter (nothing will come from it)!
(c) Correction: Rather, he should amend it in front of three people, as follows:
1. He tells them, "I saw a good dream"; they respond, "It is good, it will be good, Hash-m will make it good, may Shamayim decree seven times that it will be good, and it should be good for you!"
2. They should say three verses of rerversal, three of redemption, and three of peace:
i. The three of reversal: "Hafachta Mispedi l'Machol Li Pitachta Saki va'Te'azreni Simchah," and "Az Tismach Besulah... v'Hafachti Evlam l'Sason," and "v'Lo Avah Hash-m Elokecha Lishmo'a El Bil'am va'Yahafoch..."
ii. Three of redemption: "Padah b'Shalom Nafshi...," "u'Feduyei Hash-m Yehuvun," "va'Yomer ha'Am El Shaul... [va'Yifdu ha'Am Es Yehonason v'Lo Mes"].
iii. Three of Shalom: "Borei Niv Sefasayim Shalom Shalom la'Rachok vela'Karov...," "v'Ru'ach Lovshah Es Amasai...[Shalom Lecha v'Shalom l'Ozrecha]," "va'Amartem Ko Lechai v'Atah Shalom..."

HERE IS THE DETAIL:

http://www.come-and-hear.com/berakoth/berakoth_55.html

R. Huna b. Ammi said in the name of R. Pedath who had it from R. Johanan: If one has a dream which makes him sad he should go and have it interpreted in the presence of three. He should have it interpreted! Has not R. Hisda said: A dream which is not interpreted is like a letter which is not read?8 — Say rather then, he should have a good turn given to it in the presence of three.

Let him bring three and say to them: I have seen a good dream; and they should say to him, Good it is and good may it be. May the All-Merciful turn it to good; seven times may it be decreed from heaven that it should be good and may it be good.

They should say three verses with the word hapak [turn], and three with the word padah [redeem] and three with the word shalom [peace].

Three with the word 'turn', namely (i) Thou didst turn for me my mourning into dancing, Thou didst loose my sackcloth and gird me with gladness;9 (ii) Then shall the virgin rejoice in the dance, and the young men and the old together; for I will turn their mourning into joy and will comfort them and make them rejoice from their sorrow;10 (iii) Nevertheless the Lord thy God would not hearken unto Balaam; but the Lord thy God turned the curse into a blessing unto thee.11

Three verses with the word 'redeem', namely, (i) He hath redeemed my soul in peace, so that none came nigh me;12 (ii) And the redeemed of the Lord shall return and come with singing unto Zion … and sorrow and sighing shall flee away;13 (iii) And the people said unto Saul, Shall Jonathan die who hath wrought this great salvation in Israel? … So the people redeemed Jonathan that he died not.14

Three verses with the word 'peace', namely, (i) Peace, peace, to him that is far off and to him that is near, saith the Lord that createth the fruit of the lips; and I will heal him;15 (ii) Then the spirit clothed Amasai who was chief of the captains: Thine are we, David, and on thy side, thou son of Jesse: Peace, peace, be unto thee and peace be to thy helpers, for thy God helpeth thee;16 (iii) Thus ye shall say: All hail! and peace be both unto thee, and peace be to thy house, and peace be unto all that thou hast.17

Here's something else...

Dreamt a disturbing dream, but can't remember it? The Talmud recommends reciting the following prayer while the kohanim bless the people:
"Master of the World! My dreams and I belong to You.... If the dreams are good — bolster them like the dreams of Joseph. And if they need to be remedied — fix them like the bitter waters that Moses sweetened... Just as You transformed the curses of wicked Balaam into blessings, so too, make all of my dreams be for the best." (Berachot 55)

Old 09-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Lisa

Thanks for this information 7L.

I cured my bad dreams by not sleeping.

That works too.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Master
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Thanks for this information 7L.

I cured my bad dreams by not sleeping.

That works too.

Oh, Lisa~*

Old 09-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Master
LOL...yes I've done that as well...but sometime you gotta pull out the big guns...

BTW I have not had that dream no mo'
7L
Old 09-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Oh, Lisa~*

Now ya made me all warm and cozy and I'm falling asleep!

Thanks Silvergirl.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
LOL...yes I've done that as well...but sometime you gotta pull out the big guns...

BTW I have not had that dream no mo'
7L

Awesome!

7L- you are always wonderfully light and breezy and positive.

What's your secret?
Old 10-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Master
Good question...

I am falling down on the job last few days...LOL...so I have to consume even more rumi, hafiz, neruda, chocolate, caffeine, and mysticism than usual...guess it's been working -- you couldn't tell!

The truth is God is one of us...because God is in all of us...and God reaches us through the heart of another. And opens us up to the light. But you know that :)

Love is the higher law. And God is love. That is really the whole secret.

Here's the other thing...when you feel like dirt on a shoe...and that all you have is your love of God, that's when the angels are holding your hands, because that's exactly how they feel...the lowliest of the low...but their love & their service sanctifies them and raises them up. When you feel like that...you see through the angels' eyes. When you feel like you're nothing...then you're everything. When you feel like there's no personal love for you in this lifetime, you can follow the angel's path to save your life.

But truthfully...I can only take a little bit of credit for myself...I am loved and I don't really deserve it. My heart and soul have been lit up by love...coming and going. It's hard to explain. And I'll be honest...I prefer the human love and relationship with God to the angel's love and relationship under God, even though we need it all.

7L
Old 11-02-2011, 02:44 AM
Zeliar791

Quote:
Good question...

I am falling down on the job last few days...LOL...so I have to consume even more rumi, hafiz, neruda, chocolate, caffeine, and mysticism than usual...guess it's been working -- you couldn't tell!

The truth is God is one of us...because God is in all of us...and God reaches us through the heart of another. And opens us up to the light. But you know that :)

Here's the other thing...when you feel like dirt on a shoe...and that all you have is your love of God, that's when the angels are holding your hands, because that's exactly how they feel...the lowliest of the low...but their love & their service sanctifies them and raises them up. When you feel like that...you see through the angels' eyes. When you feel like you're nothing...then you're everything. When you feel like there's no personal love for you in this lifetime, you can follow the angel's path to save your life.

But truthfully...I can only take a little bit of credit for myself...I am loved and I don't really deserve it. My heart and soul have been lit up by love...coming and going. It's hard to explain. And I'll be honest...I prefer the human love and relationship with God to the angel's love and relationship under God, even though we need it all.

7L

I have always had an obsession with angels. I kept expecting one to save me from all the hell I was going through. It seems I never get what I expect, and to make matters worse I was pretty much born this way. I didn't find my family to be very appealing. It was pretty much a downward spiral from there...
Old 11-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Good question...

7L

Beautiful post. Love it. And thank you.

(I will now start drinking more coffee! )
Old 11-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Master
my experiences with angels has been limited but always full of great meaning...at many crossroads...they are there. They were there...but often you dont see them unless you give your love to God in total humility and hold out your hands. The spirit beings holding your hands...those are the angels.

They will support you but they cant move for you, until you choose the light. Periodically you may have to make this choice again...for example choosing life over death...or hope over hopelessness. Once you choose, you've broken through and then the angels can move with you. You may sense their presence before you can see them...but the angels, and the love of God, are always there.

Peace & blessings,
7L