Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 12:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Hi Silvergirl. I remember a conversation in one thread where a few posters were against to the idea of a weigh-in chart. For me it was a positive thing. Especially during those cycles when the weight really falls off. And it does drop off in stages: 1-2 pounds a week for 3-4 weeks, then bam: 4-5 pounds the next day... "Oh my god YESSSS!!!!!" Pretty exhilarating stuff (as far as boring old fat goes).

First off, I don't have the everyday concerns a lot of people have. I don't work (retired due to illness), and my day consists of walking on the beach and kayaking. No stressful family/relationship/acquaintances/social situations to aggravate me... and stress IS a health killer, and it can derail one's dietary intentions.

I also have to add: I am a fanatic as far as my diet goes. And in no way am I suggesting that my fanatical approach is right for anyone other than me. I am fanatical because that's what works for me. When I am not fanatical about my diet, that's when I notice the pounds creeping back on, at which point I go back to fanatical.

The secret is water I would say. Water keeps one from being hungry. So it's practical. But it also cleanses and works like magic in many ways, so it's also spiritual. My rule is I drink 4 glasses of water upon awakening. Then, whatever I have to eat, I first drink 2 glasses of water. My diet is split in 8 meals over the course of the day. That's 4 + 16 glasses of water, plus any other glasses of water I drink between meals, if and when I feel hungry.

My meals are split into fruit meals and veg/grain meals. I have a fruit meal at 6 am, a veg/grain meal at 8 am, a fruit meal at 10, a veg/grain meal at 12, etc. Now I might not eat exactly at those times, and I sometimes eat both meals at one sitting. But I never exceed 4 of each meal, each day. Also, each meal = one cup, no more and no less. And this is all I put into my body: no coffee, black tea, alcohol, tobacco, rec drugs, or anything else other than the occasional cup of herbal tea with just a titch of dark organic maple syrup (so yummy, that's like my version of binging on chocolate ice cream).

This is all very important for me because it's consistency, and it's rhythm. And it's the consistency that keeps me in the rhythm of eating this way each day. It's become my reality. It's no longer some diet I'm on; this is how I eat. Is it a good diet? Is it bad? Well it works for me and I'm alive and healthy, that's all I care about, ha! (I laugh, but there's a magical secret in there about dieting and life concerns in general.)

I must add the following because it is part of my dietary reality as well (not to be confused with anyone else's reality): everything I eat is in liquid form. I eat fruit smoothies and veg/grain soups (one cup of each, each meal). The smoothies I make by blending 100% juice and a variety of frozen fruit. The soups I make by blending (puree) veg soup broth with raw veggies (broccoli, mushrooms, kale mostly) and spice and coconut oil to taste. I also blend in brown rice or other grains from time to time, but mostly stick to just veggies. I've recently started to make my own soup broth and it's not only kind of fun from a creative perspective, it saves me a ton of money.

I eat liquid because it keeps the pounds off better, plus it is absolutely amazing from a digestive perspective. I have zero digestion issues now. Compare that to several years ago when I was 95 pounds heavier and chewing my way through a bottle of antacid tablets each week. I have definitely been released from a jail of sorts in this lifetime.

I definitely hear you on the liquid part.....when I lost the most weight the quickest was when I was on a liquid protein diet with rabbit food and tuna or occasional double-cheeseburger from McD's, and I kept it all off for a full seven years by eating practically nothing but steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots for the most part) topped with real butter and lemon pepper and maybe a few saltine crackers.

This time around, I'm going to be a little more easy on myself, because I've learned by trial and error what foods help and what foods don't and I am paying a lot closer attention to that, and applying firmer discipline overall.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:05 AM
Knower
hi CJ. reaching out like this is great. I know the pain of which you speak. Or from my own perspective, I do. I take Armour Thyroid ( Bioidentical prescription).

Also I found a product at the health food store. It is called Relora. It is for those whose T3 and T4 are off. It helps with cortisol. I went off the relora once when I was having GI problems. I cut out a lot of what i was taking. I was eating practically nothing because of the GI problems. I was gaining. The naturopath muscle tested and told me to go back on the relora. The weight fell off. The combination of Armour Thyroid and Relora were perfect for me.

I chose to go to a naturopath ( someone who muscle tests) and a MD because I do not think the Thyroid panels ( bloodwork) tell the whole story re dx or what is recommended to resolve the problem. So I wanted a practioner who is good at muscle testing. Sending some major hugs for your wonderful self
Old 12-08-2014, 05:38 AM
CJ82Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

With thyroid issues and wieght I have learned that the body settles into zones for a time. I took off 100 pounds and I stalled the rest would not come off no matter what I tried. The body hormone levels needed that time to "re code" is what the natural path told me. Its like re writing a level of one's DNA make up and the brain and body needed to align.

I have since taken off another 70 but again I have hit that plateau this time I will ride it out....not liking it but too knowing that its the body catching up again is all. We too have a "zone" weight that is there with us and its not always something we can shift its like its written into the Soul level of whom we are and how we are to project to the World. At times we have to accept that aspect of things as well.

For me I am still too large but blessed to have a large bone frame of 6 feet and massive bones to take and hide most of the rolly bits and pieces now. Its not fun but the body is what at times the body is.

I am on Thyroid meds and the Dr wants to change the levels again....I do not want that to happen so am trying to just stay the course for 6 months and see where it goes. Change of levels means more wieight for me goes on not off in the frist 3 months on them. I have a wedding dress to fit into lol so highly motivated NOT to fatten up.

Lynn

Lynn thank you for sharing this. It makes a lot of sense. It's easier to just get frustrated and I have to remind myself that it may take MONTHS not weeks to see a difference. Because I have been trying things for the past 3 years, and only in the past 1 figured out more of the thyroid issue, what you are saying really rings true to me. I am going to stay positive, keep hiking/walking/riding, and take my thyroid supps religiously so that my body has the best advantage to catch up.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!! And I agree with you on not just doing what the dr's say (not ignoring them, but trusting what your body is telling you). My dr. wanted to just put me on cholesterol meds when my cholesterol was only very slightly high, rather than address the drowsy lack of energy, and all the other issues. Good luck!
Old 12-08-2014, 05:41 AM
CJ82Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by lili
hi CJ. reaching out like this is great. I know the pain of which you speak. Or from my own perspective, I do. I take Armour Thyroid ( Bioidentical prescription).

Also I found a product at the health food store. It is called Relora. It is for those whose T3 and T4 are off. It helps with cortisol. I went off the relora once when I was having GI problems. I cut out a lot of what i was taking. I was eating practically nothing because of the GI problems. I was gaining. The naturopath muscle tested and told me to go back on the relora. The weight fell off. The combination of Armour Thyroid and Relora were perfect for me.

I chose to go to a naturopath ( someone who muscle tests) and a MD because I do not think the Thyroid panels ( bloodwork) tell the whole story re dx or what is recommended to resolve the problem. So I wanted a practioner who is good at muscle testing. Sending some major hugs for your wonderful self

Thank you for this!!! I agree about the traditional bloodwork not telling the whole story. I will look into the relora!
Old 12-08-2014, 06:37 AM
Master
Hi CJ...

I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone in this....
The posters above have given you excellent information and hopefully you will find it helpful regarding your situation.
I'm wondering if you've had proper testing as to why you aren't burning fat?
There is homeopathic medication available in this country regarding the body's inability to burn fat, which instead stores it away (thousands have been helped)... a condition of which the name escapes me at the moment, but if you like, I could look into it.

I trust that you are beginning to feel more hopeful now that you have a support system here...and you will make it! Believe in this.

You know, I've had a fixed weight in my head for about 7 years now and believe me, I have not gone over this point no matter what my diet has been at different time periods...just thinking...picture yourself in you ideal weight and feel the emotions as you do...this will eventually manifest into reality.
It never fails...( for me, at least)

Wishing you all the best on this journey...
Old 12-08-2014, 08:36 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
Thank you for this!!! I agree about the traditional bloodwork not telling the whole story. I will look into the relora!

I am wondering if you could find someone who is really good at diagnosing and figuring out things through muscle testing ( or another creative dx method) Because I would not want anyone trying to navagate this on their own. I think its important to not be alone trying to figure it all out.

Would it be possible for you to find someone good to work with around the thyroid situation? I totally get it that for some, it is just not possible due to financial situation or that they just do not have access to help where they live. I care so I want you to not be doing this without some expert assistance, if possible. Also, I do work with my MD around the thyroid situation. She does bloodwork 2 times a year. It may just be TSH levels ( which do not tell the whole story). But I am being monitored. By the alternative person and also my MD.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Master

From a spiritual standpoint, here are some things to try.

Print out your original post and highlight everything negative you are telling yourself. That is the story of your life that you are creating.

Then type it up again, except this time do it from the other side of the aisle - now that I have lost the weight, I feel energetic, etc. Write yourself a new story. What do you want your story to be? If you were telling us, from your future you, about your slim you and how you feel being slim, and what you tell yourself now that you are slim, write that story.

Then read this new story to yourself twice a day, in the morning and at night. When you read it, try and BELIEVE it, for that moment in time. Picture yourself on a stage, reading it to a crowd of your family and friends, or something. Picture yourself in the future reading this story to someone. Get in that headspace as much as you can. Do this for 60 days.

Then, with the rest of your life, practice relaxing and letting go. Pet your dog or cat, play on the floor with your children, if you have them. If you don't go play with someone elses :) Do fun things. Ask yourself, what fun thing can I do today. How can I fit in fun? (Whenever you catch yourself thinking negative thoughts, STOP. Immediately change the channel in your head. If you have to, go play some you tube videos of funny people that make you laugh. Do that for at least 3 minutes, be in that vibration, and not only will you feel better. )

Get to the point that each day, in between your telling your new story, you are in your Happy Place, and each day it will get easier to find fun and happiness.

Don't get sidetracked and keep going. Oh, and don't stress over food. I would say, eat whatever feels good to you. If a salad feels better than a donut, then eat the salad. If a donut feels better, go have one. Just don't stress about it, one way or the other. Let it be okay, whatever you choose to eat. Start loving what you eat again. Connect to the flavors of the food. Enjoy the food as if it was gourmet food, and appreciate what you are eating, every bite. You can thank the food for the energy it is giving to you, as food is living energy and just transforming from its form to your form.

Let us know how much weight you lost after 60 days of this and how you are feeling about yourself. It is easy to do and you can do this and everything else someone else suggests as well, because it is not intrusive, it is deliberate. Deliberately feel good.

things will happen along the way that will occur to you to do. do those. an example would be, if you get a thought along the lines of, it is a nice day to go visit someone you haven't seen in awhile, then do that if you can. Chances are, if you asked for fun in your day, and this thought pops up, when you get there it might be really fun. Listen to you gut, and give that voice in your head other things to think about instead....

(this is a process from Abraham Hicks. everytime I remember to do this process (and you can do it with anything, could be finances, relationships, etc.) something wonderful happens :) ) This is a reminder to do it again! thanks
Old 12-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
please all keep sharing thank you all so much
Okay I will and you're welcome! I focused my responses on the practical and I'd like to speak about the spiritual side of things now. The practical is the external focus on the day-to-day doing. The spiritual is the inner will required to carry on with this day-to-day doing over an extended period of time. The spiritual will is the magic in all this.

Pushing or forcing yourself to do a particular thing, is physical will. For me, exercise is a physical will activity. I go for walks each day and that's about all the physical will I have for exercising. Plus the last time I did aerobics I blew out both my knees, and three years later they're still sore. Painful yes, but even if I had tried, I couldn't have dreamed up a more convenient excuse to avoid working out. Thank you universe!

Forcing (willing) one's self to like something, or to want to do something, is much different than, say, one's love and enthusiasm for horses and Derek Jeter. (Please don't say you prefer Mark Teixeira!) Your love for such things is a gift of grace to put it one way. These are the natural, loving expressions of your soul relationship with life in this particular incarnation. You probably dream of riding; you think about it all the time and can't wait to go galloping off somewhere. I have the same relationship to kayaking. The love we have for such activities is an integral part of our soul life and identity. We don't have to think about doing it, or force ourselves to want to do it. And that's because we have a spiritual will connection to it. We can't imagine our life without it, it's like breathing.

There are spiritual traditions that speak of one's angels departing for a time as one enters their 30s. Up until then, these gifts of grace come naturally to us. They're part of our incarnation blueprint. The angels - the universe - has graced us with these loving gifts and soul connections. As we get older however, part of our spiritual development task is to learn to create and manifest our own gifts and soul connections. This is just one part of learning to become co-creative beings with Spirit.

The task in our later years then, is to learn how to create and manifest a spiritual will relationship to those life tasks we identify as crucial to our soul evolution. For me, that included losing 95 pounds. I was not interacting with life because I was too embarrassed as I said. I avoided social activity and basically lived inside my house for years. (And I wasn't kayaking that whole time either, telling in itself!) I knew in my soul that I needed to lose this weight in order to continue to progress a healthy relationship with life... which is a huge part of the soul evolution journey and what the universe asks of us.

Forgiveness for me means getting on with things; I don't dwell on mopey thoughts about what was or could have been. So rather than "forgive" my fat self, I directed my attention to what was needed in order to fix the situation. But that's how I personally deal with things. And all I'm doing here is trying to explain how I was able to shift my association with dieting/proper diet into a spiritual will relationship. Because for many years I had a physical will relationship with it. I had to continually force myself to eat properly; continually talk myself into the benefits of losing weight and making it through the day without cheating.

You have identified a soul desire. This soul desire is you, and the dream you have of you. Currently, that dream manifests in your life as extreme frustration and tears. This is not a bad thing, this is good! This is your soul, longing and crying out. Half the battle in resolving any issue is identifying the problem. You have identified the issue, and on a soul level. You're half way to resolving this thing. Imagine if this were a spiritual exam: you would have already scored a 50% and passing grade, and without even trying! (This is stealth forgiveness rhetoric and logic I fully realize. Regardless of what I previously said, self-forgiveness does come into play in all this.)

But the reason one doesn't dwell on the self-forgiveness aspect is because it pulls the individual back into the past, back into the issue. Rather, you want to evolve a relationship with the NOW of being in that perfect place of recognizing and fulfilling your soul longing. You are interacting with Spirit. You are conversing with love and grace. I really can't stress this mindset enough. That which you dream about has already taken place; that is the magical promise of benevolent Spirit. Yes, you still have weight to lose, and that still needs to happen. But what HAS taken place and what has happened - and cannot be undone - is that you have made that trusting soul connection to Spirit. And you are now co-creating and manifesting a spiritual will relationship to and with that magnificent reality. THAT relationship has been birthed now (in tears and soul wails no less!). You are now on the path. You have incarnated this, and it cannot be undone.

Spirit will not let you down. It will help manifest your dreams and they WILL BE. You are an active participant in this co-creative process; this is a great and magnificent responsibility you lovingly undertake. That is your 50% role: the recognition and will to do this and to honor this agreement. Spirit will take care of the rest. This epiphany and soul understanding will not become your life, it NOW IS your life.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Master

Baile: wow! beautifully put - made my heart sing!
Old 12-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
Baile: wow! beautifully put - made my heart sing!

I totally agree!

Closed Thread