Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-09-2019, 01:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Sorry to jump in, just have to respond since I love ATLA (if you aren't you should watch it!).

Yes... you're a water bender. You do always have a Katara vibe about you, 7L. Caring and not hiding it.
Hey there Altair :) Yah I've been a fan since the original airing Yes...water bending was first...the others I picked up along the way since then ;)

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 14-09-2019, 01:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Enlightenment...............

Is it liken to the carrot hanging from a stick in front of the donkey
or is it something tangible which we might possibly agree on certain aspects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Maybe its liken to a lost traveler trying to find a certain road to explore not realizing he's already on the road he was looking for.

Yes, and yes.
It is all of it, all at once: The carrot, the stick, the donkey, the road.

That is to say, it is the inexorable evolution of consciousness emerging from the darkness of ignorance in and through the vehicle of life and time. But all of it is inseparably One Being.

~ J
Old 14-09-2019, 02:06 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Angel1 No Creation = No Source

Quote:
7luminaries--r6...I love science. I really, really love physics, classical, quantum...all of it. I love metaphysics too, and like loads of ancient mystics (I am nothing special),

7L none of you above validates the existence of a cosmic source. ergo the 1st law of thernmdynamics, physical/energy ---an occupied space--- cannot be created ---ergo no source--- or destroyed.

Quote:
I do not require physical proof of Source.

Obviously your belief is not based on proof, or rational, logical common sense pathways of thought.

Quote:
All we are, galaxies and sentient beings, the multiverse, all point to Source (God Consciousness).

A statement that has no basis in rational, logical common sense or based on evidence. See 1st law of thermodynamics ---no creation = no source ---- and this is simple to grasp.

Why you refuse to accept what is known and jump off into a cosmic "source" makes no rational, logical common sense.

Do you understand this 7L?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Space( Time )( Time )Space = eternally existent
We fall in and out of love ( ),
We fall in and out of bliss ( * )
We fall in and out of Englightenment { * * }
We seemingly fall in and out of Observed Time { /\/\/\/ via birth and death

We fall into because geodesics are the path of least resistance.

All pushing outward is a resultant of falling inward.

The uterus muscles contract inward and the resultant is fetus/baby is pushed outward

The brain only sends one kind signal to the muscles and that is to contract inward When that signal stops, the muscles expand and relax back to their previous state

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 14-09-2019, 02:21 PM
Deactivated Account
from glimpses of joy and silence. to brief periods of time. to permanence. that is the process to god realization. as a living experience.

yogananda explains this. i couldn't agree more with what he says. IT REALLY IS A SCRIPT LIKE A MOVIE. i know that sounds crazy. a total ego killer. but knowing that and living life actually isn't contradiction. but a huge surrender of feeling like your world and mind goes through A DEATH.

anyways. Yoganandas words on it below.

Nirvikalpa Samadhi — ''without difference", as devotee progresses to higher spiritual states he communes with God without bodily fixation; and in his ordinary waking consciousness, even in the midst of exacting worldly duties. It requires the higher state of nirvikalpa ecstasy to perceive the partner-dance of the cosmic light and shadows of creation; even as a man who withdraws his consciousness from the plot of a motion picture can observe, by peering closely, the causative commingling of light and shadows. In nirvikalpa the devotee perceives the cosmic light, his own body, and all the scenes of creation to be moving within himself as a series of motion pictures. In this state the present, past, and future are revealed as one; all variety is merged in the unity of the Eternal Presence. --

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 14-09-2019, 02:34 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Talking ........................@{*i*}@................... ...

Quote:
BigJohn--Enlightenment...............Is it liken to the carrot hanging from a stick in front of the donkey or is it something tangible which we might possibly agree on certain aspects?

It is like the Eureka moment by Archimedes, that can extend for many moments of the day, night or longer.

Entune > intune > to discover for the first time a more comprehensive, integral set of concepts that inturn, may cause us to have a whole body vibration or resonance with a guitar ---not a carrot-- we have just tuned { in-tune }.

Is the guitar in tune? Are we in-tune with self? With family? With ecological environment that sustains us all?

We turn onto a road and discover what road were on ---enlightenment--- when we see a sign stating the route number and/or name of the road.

Enlightenment may be that we find there exists kinds of roads we neve knew exist ex the cobble stone roads from 1800's and early 1900;s.

We discover concrete roads over asphalt.

We discover gravel instead of dirt roads.

Full enlightenment is that no single human or race or species knows all there is to know.

= soul

= dynamic spirit-2

= spirit-1 spirit-of-intention

= spirit-3 Gravity ( ) ....contractive.....

= spirit-4 Dark Energy)(.....expansive....

The brain only sends one kind of signal to the brain and that is to contract. Once that signal stops, the muscles relaxes and expands back to its rest state.

All pushiing outward pheneomena ---ex animal birth--- is a resultant of pulling-INward contraction phenomena.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 14-09-2019, 02:49 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questions
https://www.dharmaoverground.org/dis...essage/5224358

I've had some glimpses/experiences explained by that guy and I don't think he's lying but who knows

What do you guys think
Perhaps full enlightenment is the realisation that regardless of how fully enlightened we think we are, there is always scope for more. And more.
Old 14-09-2019, 02:52 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color ........................@{*i*}@................... ...

Quote:
running-- yogananda explains this.

Yoga-beyonda explains it like this;

Jack and Jill went up a hill,
To see what lay beyond-er,
At the top of the hill, Jill took a spill,
And Jack fell gently upon her.

Our Science and Spirit Approached a hill,
In search of that which mattered,
Some facts were found, some beliefs were challenged,
And the hill remains unshattered.

The horse and sheep went up a hill,
Too find some greener pasture,
They ate some grass, took a nap,
And dreamed of cosmic laughter.

Old 14-09-2019, 03:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
*Clapping, jumping and squealing*.....now you are speaking directly to my heart.

Many say that "this is the age of Aquarius" and "more people are waking up" ..
I would have to really and honestly say a big "nope" to that.

There are just more people in general, so it gives the illusion that more people are waking up...yet the spiritual materialism and spiritual arrogance even among those "awakened ones" is off the scale!

Can you imagine one..such a one whose previous incarnation was at the time of the "Golden Age" to be reborn now? Into this? The culture shock does give an awakening...a very rude one. The lesson becomes to fully assimilate or to fully reject, as doing things by half measures either way just feels a tad hypocritical.

So, here am I being diagnosed with a mental illness..yet how many people are out there who have serious mental issues but remain in total denial of them and do not seek help or treatment? When does my insanity just amount to being "sane" in an "insane" world, so I become the "odd one out" due to all of those new social norms which place so much emphasis and importance on the meatsuit?
Shivani, from one heart speaking to another ...thank you so much for bringing this up and for sharing that you lived during one of those golden ages. The "culture shock" (in this case, across the ages) is very much an aspect of awakeneing. And so is being out-of-step, counterculture, or just plain old "mad" according to the rest.

The Age of Aquarius has immense energies and wondrous potentials but for sentient beings like us, nothing happens automatically. It was, is, and always will be only ever down to conscious choice and a conscious commitment to the journey. The built-in safeguard of incarnated existence is that ultimately there are only two ways forward...the way of peace and balance, where we mutually consider the highest good of each and all. Or the way of imbalance...either chaos or authoritarianism or some permutation of imbalances.

I lived in the "decline" of golden age of great and wondrous beauty, technological advances (with largely unobtrusive technologies), and levels of civilisation far in advance of our own. Sadly authoritarianism had already begun to greatly erode human/civil rights.

Yet, most of the culture and most people still adhered to a distinctively sacred view of humanity and of the human being. There was very little egregious indulgence in vices and addictions and lifestyles so common these days. There was very little use, abuse, violence, or exploitation of self or others to gratify our lust, or our greed. Violence was mainly the discrete, targeted tool of the corrupted government and/or the underworld -- in the main, it was not brought into our neighborhoods or our relationships. It was not brought into our personal lives nor into our bedrooms. Thus it was so very, very clear that the way of authoritarianism in its oppression, corruption, and violence was deeply misaligned and there was no fooling anyone who bothered to look.

I was a man (I had a twin brother), and I recall -- as was the NORM -- deeply valuing and treasuring those close to me -- my beloved fam, friends, neighbours, and community. Sexual assault, coercion, and rape were almost unheard of because that was, like murder or other crimes or acts of violence, not fit for human society...we held in common (most of us) that life was equally about the development and flourishing of both the self and others -- community, service, and basic human brotherhood and sisterhood. We got that our power as men meant we were responsible for using that power wisely and never in anger or for lust, or to exploit the weak and vulnerable. Those who behaved as many "normatively" do today in their private or public lives would have been held in contempt for their dehumanisation and callous use of others.

All things which our modern society and culture actively promote, to keep folks low, degraded, and misdirected on their journeys. So, despite the decline in civic life -- which was hugely problematic -- most of us nonetheless retained a core aspect of our humanity...that being the recognition of our sacred beingness, our inherent dignity and worth.

What were some of your starkest impressions of the culture shock between now and then? If you care to share?

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 14-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
7L none of you above validates the existence of a cosmic source. ergo the 1st law of thernmdynamics, physical/energy ---an occupied space--- cannot be created ---ergo no source--- or destroyed.

Obviously your belief is not based on proof, or rational, logical common sense pathways of thought.

A statement that has no basis in rational, logical common sense or based on evidence. See 1st law of thermodynamics ---no creation = no source ---- and this is simple to grasp.

Why you refuse to accept what is known and jump off into a cosmic "source" makes no rational, logical common sense.

Do you understand this 7L?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Space( Time )( Time )Space = eternally existent
We fall in and out of love ( ),
We fall in and out of bliss ( * )
We fall in and out of Englightenment { * * }
We seemingly fall in and out of Observed Time { /\/\/\/ via birth and death

We fall into because geodesics are the path of least resistance.

All pushing outward is a resultant of falling inward.

The uterus muscles contract inward and the resultant is fetus/baby is pushed outward

The brain only sends one kind signal to the muscles and that is to contract inward When that signal stops, the muscles expand and relax back to their previous state
Hello r6 :)
Within a closed system (i.e., this bubble universe within the multiverse) -- and given the initial speck of inflated proto-matter from elsewhere which [somehow] came into this universe and from which everything else in this universe originated -- then yes your statement is consistent with known facts today.

But no one can say from whence that proto speck of matter arose, came from, or magically came into being. Nor by extention where the proto-matter for the entire multiverse came from or how it came into being.

Nor how consciousness came to be, which I agree is eternal in the largest sense and is certainly beyond spacetime, i.e. this multiverse with its various, seemingly discrete bubble universes. Conciousness is separate from and outside the scope of physical reality (multiverse); hence its ability to impact the fabric of the multiverse with its presence in each moment on a quantum level.

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 14-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Perhaps full enlightenment is the realisation that regardless of how fully enlightened we think we are, there is always scope for more. And more.
Hey there Greenslade :) How's stuff these days?

Absolutely agree with this statement. Just full stop And how could it be otherwise? With each new step, a bit more of the vista comes into view. At times we round a corner and then things really open up.

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke