Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 05-02-2019, 08:54 PM
Master
Listening to your body

The health and fitness industry is fuelled with people and their ideas, about what works, what’s best for us.

We are inundated with a flood of information, about everything from what to eat, how to exercise, what to do, what not to do. What’s best, what’s worse. What’s going to get us the best results.

We are bombarded daily, with health and fitness programs that tell us, do this and, eat this and, take this and, people and programs sending constant downloads through the system, infiltrating our heads with so many ways and ideas about what IS the best. What is the best for us and our bodies.

Our bodies are a finely attuned, intricately aligned, working system, that for each of us, functions and operates as we are, have become from our earliest foundations, to our current awareness and choices. The foundation laid through our earliest creations.This foundation of course is often the catalyst to seek more, create new ways to improve, change and build our awareness differently. In many ways the physical body becomes an awakening to and of itself, when we take notice in this way.

As I’ve journeyed through my self realisation process my health and fitness has become an integral part of my awakening process. The more open I’ve become to my inner world the more open I’ve become to my physical bodies needs.

I’ve sourced a lot of information over many years, to build a bigger picture of how best to take care of my physical well-being, my health and fitness. Through each opening emotionally and spiritually, I’ve found quite naturally the physical would move through me as one, whereby my diet would change in some way,my movements would change. I’d want to add things to my diet, take out things, move my body differently. For each piece of my internal puzzle forming anew, the physical aspect showing me how best to align to that integration process, more holistically.

Nowadays there is lot of extreme programs out there. Extreme ways of building health and fitness awareness. There is also more subtle, less extreme ways. The focus often where the one creating it, is focused. It all serves others in some way. People need a whole host of ways and means to bring change. There is no right or wrong way. Each idea out there serves a whole range of needs that exist in this world.

I suppose for me, the gradual openings more aligned to my understanding of deeper balance, has shown me the ever changing needs my body signals through the changing growing process we each are, is in fact just that. A process of opening, to listen ongoing to the body and it’s needs.

Knowledge is important, educating myself over many years to understand my own body, has given me a good foundation to base my own listening upon. I’m not one to dive into things just because someone else says it works. If it resonates in me in some way, I still challenge it and look at it through my own wisdom, through my own body and how it truly fits me and the need I have at the time.

At the core of myself and the core of this integration, as I see it now, it all falls back into balance. Balance of the mind/body/spirit. Balance where your open to understanding your own bodies needs through an awareness of your lifestyle and it’s ever changing needs. We are a finely attuned instrument, that requires a more open holistic approach ongoing. A more open listening, that listens where your open in yourself to listen.

The one thing that sits more fixed in me, in my balance, is the alignment to clean, whole foods. Nature’s provisions. My physical foundation is attuned to everything under that banner. In my own awareness, the more open you are to yourself the more open you are to the garden of eden. What Mother Earth provides through her and our care.

If I eat anything beyond that banner I don’t freak out. I indulge in balance of my being as that. The wonderful aspect of this, is that with a clean and natural foundation which is constant, the other things and ways I may indulge are less invasive, my recovery time is fast, my energy levels rarely falter. Those less natural foods in fact are so noticeable in my body now. I’m so clean and clear, I usually act fast to restore balance. In fact over time as those times have become less about need and more about ‘being ok’ in that moment they arise, I’m less inclined to go there.

A clean clear mind/body/spirt listens and knows for itself. Listens and acts on it’s needs. Moves itself closer to the source of itself. Learns and listens through balance. Learns and listens to ensure it’s taking good care of itself in every way of it’s needs and requirements for s healthy, well balanced life.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:43 PM
Administrator
I have always been a big believer in nobody knows your body better than you do, I have never followed what anyone says about what to eat exercise or anything else, I follow my own instincts.
in fact I don't take orders from no one the amount of doctors I have argued with and told them to go back into training because they know nothing is in double figures.and every time I have been proven right.
it is your body you eat what you like in moderation you exercise as much as you can .

Namaste
Old 06-02-2019, 12:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I have always been a big believer in nobody knows your body better than you do, I have never followed what anyone says about what to eat exercise or anything else, I follow my own instincts.
in fact I don't take orders from no one the amount of doctors I have argued with and told them to go back into training because they know nothing is in double figures.and every time I have been proven right.
it is your body you eat what you like in moderation you exercise as much as you can .

Namaste

I understand NS. Sometimes the professional person has limitations on diagnosis and treatments. Where as a good doctor will consider a greater picture and support people more holistically. Nowadays it’s all so easy to take something to fix something. Yet the body in a clean clear state hosts its own wealth of abundant potential into itself.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:44 AM
Master
Balance

In the awareness I hold in me, around balance, I am looking into my own balanced awareness from within to determine my bodies needs. We can look outside of ourselves, source many ways to grow and know what’s best for us. Pick and choose a way that resonates through those many streams available, take up any of them and find connection in us. Gradually we build a picture that serves us more from that foundational way as I mentioned.

Balance from within and listening deeper would be very aware of the needs arising most naturally. Our bodies never lie. Our bodies seek through us to maintain itself. Not only are we guardians to the earth but to ourselves as well.the wealth of intuitive care that flows through us can find the right measure
right way, right care..right for ourselves.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:16 PM
Knower

Hear, hear. Thank you for creating this thread, JustBe. Took me a long time to realise this and I want to share my experience from following a similar line of thinking...

I am a recovered restricted diet eating obsessive. Paleo/Ketogenic/Blood Type Diet/Vegetarian/Sugar-free/Dairy-free/Gluten-free and variations. In a law of attraction way if you chase this perfect health you're always attracting more of the chase instead of just being, JustBe

In addition to what you're saying, I didn't come into this realisation until first dealing with my emotional links to food such as habitual eating and emotional eating. After that I naturally realised I probably knew what I needed for my body.

In the end, I recovered by eating whatever I craved - junk and all - and after that passed/levelled out (2 years) I got more and more drawn to eating wholefoods. I also believe that clean eating has helped reactivate my pineal gland and my intuition is stronger.

Taking a food intolerance test via hair analysis was helpful to find out what you really can't tolerate. I can absolutely tolerate wheat and dairy, so is there more self-proclaimed gluten-free/dairy-free people than there needs to be? I wonder.

To take care of your own nutrition I actually used pendulum dowsing - linked to my higher self - to determine what common foods are better to eat sparingly. Most I already had a feeling about already and wasn't going near anyway.

I agree that it's definitely important not to be strict with adhering to eating wholefoods. Who knows why your body wanted the non-wholefood in the first place. If I'm having a reaction to dust, got a flu or rundown I'll have a craving for high-calorie food, usually pizza, which I honour and then I'll be well in a day and also back in balance and drawn back to cleaner foods.

I have zero health issues since listening to my body and that never happened when I listened to experts.

Last edited by taurus : 06-02-2019 at 07:59 PM.
Old 13-03-2019, 10:36 PM
Master
i no iv bean wathin thngss on yt
tell us factss abot body
sugr levelss
kidnyy levils wish put windd up me it did
i relizee iv bean doin few thngs wong
not drinkin enfuf watr so o eatin wong thngss i get it

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 21-05-2019, 10:33 AM
Seeker

You must listen to your body. But also be sure to check in with your mind everyday. The signs are there if you are aware :)
Old 22-10-2019, 01:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Don't forget listen to your mind and your heart also
Old 23-01-2020, 06:50 PM
Pathfinder

Cool post. I've recently been becoming more interested in whole foods myself. I never really cared so much in the past about it. I'm still eating whatever I want but my desires for food is changing as I go. It's helping and my body is loving it. Love your post good thoughts.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:15 PM
Deactivated Account
my body likes it when i make soup with marrow bones, garlic, onions, carrots, meat, potatoes, and rice. and it likes when i put some cilantra in it.

but not soup all the time. on the road i found it to like eating fresh broccoli and cauliflower with each meal so i pack it. and i pack tri tip(beef), or sausage like bratwurst without the preservatives, some other meats, gluten free bread, cheese, tons of fresh serrano chiles, dry roasted peanuts, and other nuts to eat with dark chocolate. and oranges.

i have found eating about 35% of my calories of nuts to be good for me. a guess on %.

spirulina, some other green and red powder superfoods along with beet powder. small spoonfuls of each in some
water mixed up i have as juice twice a day. i can feel how my body likes it. and the beet powder seems to help my legs from going numb from driving so much. lessens it anyways.

my body hates tv for the most part. unless it is somewhat educational. i feel myself in the shows when i watch so its hard on my system from much of the drama stuff. so sparingly i watch movies and such. i enjoy sometimes and not all are rough on my system.

my body i found to like exercise and so i do that on my days out of the truck. about 1.5 times per week. run for 20 minutes. the next day run, sprints, and pushups. run into the ocean to shock my system from the cold water.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4