Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 18-04-2019, 07:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I think when HSPs learn how to use their highly sensitive antenna to help nthemsleves and others, then they have achieved what the rest of us only dream of. Success in the real world!

If you think of some ways let me know!!
Old 18-04-2019, 07:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osyris
By putting some distance between mind and the anti-introvert world...

Can you share some ways you do this? (If you feel comfortable sharing.)
Old 18-04-2019, 07:16 PM
Suspended

I have no beef with extroverts. They can run the world if they like. With power comes responsibility and long ago I decided that less power at least means less responsibility. Jordan Peterson would be so disappointed in me. Ive gone from Highly Sexual Person to Highly Sarcastic Person to possibly Highly Spiritual Person. Well no the last one is an exaggeration I admit.
Old 18-04-2019, 07:19 PM
Suspended

Maybe Carl Jung was a HSP. But he was also a scientist. That's what made him brilliant. Synthesised his left and right hemispheres.
Old 19-04-2019, 04:26 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Can you share some ways you do this? (If you feel comfortable sharing.)
Creative artistic hobbies helped me an awful lot, in my case they worked much better than any spiritual practice but that's strictly personal, doesn't mean it applies to everyone. Being in nature more helped much too. In general, I stopped looking towards the abyss, stopped listening to people telling me I was imperfect and I should try more and be like this and that etc etc. Let me know if you'd like further clarification, have a good day and always keep in mind, if you don't compare yourself to others...no one can compare to you ! ;)
Old 19-04-2019, 05:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osyris
Creative artistic hobbies helped me an awful lot, in my case they worked much better than any spiritual practice but that's strictly personal, doesn't mean it applies to everyone. Being in nature more helped much too.

I do these too - and meditation and other things. For me the tough part is staying centred when my back is against the wall because I'm in the middle of a situation that calls for a cool head - it's stressful and a lot of people don't "get it" because for them it is not stressful. I was thinking of those "in the moment" things. Just hoping for something I haven't thought to try yet. Maybe this is unsolvable.
Old 19-04-2019, 05:38 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
I do these too - and meditation and other things. For me the tough part is staying centred when my back is against the wall because I'm in the middle of a situation that calls for a cool head - it's stressful and a lot of people don't "get it" because for them it is not stressful. I was thinking of those "in the moment" things. Just hoping for something I haven't thought to try yet. Maybe this is unsolvable.
Look, in the end if something doesn't stem from inside us it won't work or will have poor results and i'm talking about everything we can try. I developed a degree of apathy towards things, stopped caring too much. Many judged and condemned this and some may be right....but I don't care anymore what others say or do lol, and yes this gave me the peace nothing else could. Again, this is what worked for me. keep looking, put the desire out there and your own path will reveal itself, trust me :)
Old 19-04-2019, 07:59 PM
Suspended

my fingerstyle guitar hobby helps a lot. i think learning a musical instrument well can save your life.
Old 19-04-2019, 08:03 PM
Newbie ;)

I could not agree more with Uma's response. I've been an introvert all my life and I'd have to agree - very few people actually "get us." You need inner acceptance and to hopefully find others around you who just accept you for being who you are (though that's not easy).
Old 20-04-2019, 12:30 AM
Suspended

even other socially anxious introverts dont get me. Nor do I get them. Does that mean we are part of the problem more than the solution? Maybe we like "obscure outsider " status. It feeds our arrogance. Our need to feel special.
Before im accused of being a trollish outsider here I think i am qualified to see both sides. Loneliness is the human condition. How sensitive are you to others' loneliness?