Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-08-2019, 05:43 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello,
From my brief time on this forum, I know there is at least another empath on it. So, I am wondering how many empaths there is on this Forum?
This is the official definition of the American Empath Association: An Empath is someone who understands the mental or emotional states of others in a way that defies conventional science and psychology....
Hello and Greetings Legrand
Until this forum, I hadn’t come across this word or seen or labeled myself as this or that.
However, I believe I could be an empath as I feel people and their emotions (even thought processes, way of life) quite deeply.
I wish to ask - do you have a senses of me and who I am?
Love and blessings.
JL
Old 12-08-2019, 12:27 AM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Until this forum, I hadn’t come across this word or seen or labeled myself as this or that.
However, I believe I could be an empath as I feel people and their emotions (even thought processes, way of life) quite deeply.
I wish to ask - do you have a senses of me and who I am?
Hello JL,
Its nice for our souls to touch in this way, behind words.

Of course, you know that you are in the best seat to know who you are and if you are an empath or not. Do not listen to others, because in fact they are you. Listen within, all the answers are there.

Yet you and I are exchanging.

The American Empath Association
https://americanempathassociation.com/
Have a test online to know if you are an empath. Maybe it can help you. Never took the test yet. And they have more information on different types of empaths. Maybe it can interest you.

This said. When I have read your post, I felt you had already done a full scan of my emotional body. When writing to me your emotional body already scanned all of mine. So, you already know much about who I am on that level. Can’t hide anything from you. On the level of sensing others, yes, I can say that you respond to the definition of an empath. On the other side, that of absorbing the energies of others and how it affects you, I cannot answer that question, only you can.

It was a great relief to me when I was 19 to find out that all that I was feeling in this difficult period was not all coming from me. Quite liberating indeed.

Enjoy your gift!
Old 12-08-2019, 04:00 AM
janielee

Thank you for your response, Legrand
Old 12-08-2019, 04:17 PM
Newbie ;)

Fish

For myself as an empath, it took what felt like a very long time to figure out what was happening in my mind. As a child, I always felt berated and attacked by large groups of people or people directing anger or frustration at me. I could see their point of view but I couldn’t understand how they couldn’t see mine. It was challenging and rather than learning to shut out others, I learned to shut down myself to get through arguments and drama.

Now that I am older and live on my own and can choose my acquaintances, I feel relief! But I am also having to constantly unlearn the ways I trained myself to cope when I was younger.

Does anyone else feel like they didn’t have the tools they needed as a child to understand their minds? Are you fighting your way out from under years of doubt?

Often I feel like I don’t know enough or I’m not skilled enough. And I know it takes time to get there and that I will get there, but it’s hard to know which way to go from within the maze.

Also, I’m so glad other people have replied here because hearing about other empaths who have beautiful healing jobs and who have figured out ways to maintain the difference between themselves and others is so wonderful!

Also thank you so much for making this thread, OP!
Old 12-08-2019, 09:09 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supnmjc
Often I feel like I don’t know enough or I’m not skilled enough. And I know it takes time to get there and that I will get there, but it’s hard to know which way to go from within the maze.

Hello Supnmjc,

It's the first time I get the chance to read you.

Learning to simply enjoy the path, instead of wanting to arrive to a destination is the hardest.

Simply enjoy each little moment of the path and you will have arrived to your destination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supnmjc
Does anyone else feel like they didn’t have the tools they needed as a child to understand their minds? Are you fighting your way out from under years of doubt?

I will let others answer this one.

I was very lucky in my childhood being surrounded by a loving family and nature where everything would clear up as soon as I was near one of them. So, I am not able to answer to your question from experience.

The only difficult period I can remember is between 18 and 19. My parents where psychiatrist and one of my mother patients parents, who where very rich but did not have time for their children, needed a break from their son and where looking for someone to take care of him. So, I went with him for 6 weeks at West Palm Beach in Florida. While there I made his meals and tried to bring a bit of joy in his very depressing life.

When we left for the trip, he was black and I was white. When we came back, we where both grey.

I did not know how to digest all this black energy all at once and alone at this young age. When I came back even my girlfriend of the time did not recognize me, so she left me. It took me about a year to find back the harmony I was in before leaving on that trip. But I do not regret one moment of it. It made me stronger in my ability to clear myself and it helped, in his life, the patient of my mother.

Enjoy!
Old 12-08-2019, 11:30 PM
Master
Legrand,

It is nice to read your words and explanations! Thank you!
Old 13-08-2019, 12:30 AM
Pathfinder
Still struggling with it @ age 38.

I get angry when someone treats me differently than I would them...

I validate, or invalidate every conscience thought with the GOLDEN RULE (Treat anyone as you would like to be treated if you were in their position. Or as you would treat yourself, as a different analogy.).

As funny as it may sound, I think I just answered my own question before I got to it.

It seems my higher self enjoys giving me the answer to my questions before I even formulate in my brain the correct way to ask, in most cases.

So, I need to find a way to understand that not many people operate the same way I do.

I need to find a way to protect myself from being bombarded by emotions/feelings that do NOT being to me.

I also need to find a way to not get angry when I know what someone's true intentions are, as opposed to what they are saying.

Not many people TRY to live TRUTH through every conscience thought toward others.

I don't claim to be 100% in line with the absolute truth (Whatever that truly is.), but I do make every attempt. I also try to be as selfless as I can.

I've been on my journey for about 5, or 6 years. I never heard of an empath before then.

I knew I had tendencies of such, but was reluctant to label myself as that.

I'm pretty sure that this is a big factor in my struggle with this world; up to this point. It does offer an explanation for many troubles I experienced in youth.

Thank you for this thread. It's a breath of fresh air.

Does anyone else have experience with the anger issues that I describe?

I self medicate to cope, but there must be a better way. I have no choice but to interact with the business world nearly everyday.

For now anyway.

Thank you Legrand.
Old 13-08-2019, 12:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmooth13
Still struggling with it @ age 38.
I get angry when someone treats me differently than I would them...
I validate, or invalidate every conscience thought with the GOLDEN RULE (Treat anyone as you would like to be treated if you were in their position. Or as you would treat yourself, as a different analogy.)....
The first step to anger is permission to feel it, rather than react to it.

How I did this myself, was to journal as I was triggered. Meaning if you can, when the reactions arise, be open and honest with your deepest darkest emotional binds. Letting it all flow out of you into paper. It’s safe to let the fullness of anger then move deeper into the true source of your disconnect. “Seeing through others and their untruths, means you have to feel as deep as you see and are reacting in yourself”... honest journaling means letting everything go from you without judgement. It’s through this surface holding you source deeper the truth of seeing others as yourself.

Everything that your attached to outside of yourself is the ‘point’ in you that still holds containment.

To liberate yourself to be in the world as it is, be in your body as yourself, is to know you can break through these cycles, they are not permanent. They are just saying, you’ve become others conditioned as yourself.

If you treat everyone with the golden rule as you’ve described then you wouldn’t be reacting to others containment, if your not reacting to yours.

There is no escape from yourself when you start poking holes in others. Your poking holes you have somewhere in yourself and if can’t feel your own as deep as their formation, then you’ll never break free as your true self.

Many empaths always come back at me, when I say. “Feel it fully” and let it all go. They say, that by doing so, Its subjecting them to their worse nightmare. Most are terrified to feel anger fully, feel jealousy fully, feel resentment fully, feel guilt and shame fully. Many empaths do not want to be associated with these (in their words)negative feelings. It’s lije saying their the bad person. “Feeling fully” is what most empaths fear the greatest, mainly because at the end of its fullness it often has a pact, or association formed since childhood from sources outside of itself, that makes them fear this feeling.

Most don’t want to be ‘seen’ as these things associated. So in this way feelings are seen as ‘something’ bad. Rather than temporary shifting movements from within.
Old 13-08-2019, 12:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello,

From my brief time on this forum, I know there is at least another empath on it. So, I am wondering how many empaths there is on this Forum?

This is the official definition of the American Empath Association: An Empath is someone who understands the mental or emotional states of others in a way that defies conventional science and psychology. Empaths have the ability to sense the feelings, thoughts, and energies of people, plants, animals, places, or objects. In addition to sensing, Empaths absorb the energy of those around them. Empaths often experience stress or illness if they are bombarded by too many negative emotions. Empaths can also use their abilities to help others by imagining themselves in someone else’s situation and connecting with them on a deep level.

Please do feel free to share here how being an empath has affected your life. How do you deal with absorbing the energy of those around you? Are you able to turn this ability in a healing gift? Are you an empath since you are born or it came as an ability on your spiritual path? Anything you want to share.

I simply ask to those reading this thread, who are not empaths, to find in them a source of respect before posting.

Enjoy!

There's more to spirituality than just empathy why have just one gift when you can have them all. Many spiritual gifts there are. Align your 5 senses which are physical then you have the 6th sense which is spiritual. Once your 6 senses are aligned bobs your uncle. Hey presto you got them all in one shot. The possibilities are endless when the physical aligns with the spiritual. Easy as that. Amen
Old 13-08-2019, 01:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
The first step to anger is permission to feel it, rather than react to it.

How I did this myself, was to journal as I was triggered. Meaning if you can, when the reactions arise, be open and honest with your deepest darkest emotional binds. Letting it all flow out of you into paper. It’s safe to let the fullness of anger then move deeper into the true source of your disconnect. “Seeing through others and their untruths, means you have to feel as deep as you see and are reacting in yourself”... honest journaling means letting everything go from you without judgement. It’s through this surface holding you source deeper the truth of seeing others as yourself.

Thank you for the practical suggestion!

Quote:
Many empaths always come back at me, when I say. “Feel it fully” and let it all go. They say, that by doing so, Its subjecting them to their worse nightmare. Most are terrified to feel anger fully, feel jealousy fully, feel resentment fully, feel guilt and shame fully. Many empaths do not want to be associated with these (in their words)negative feelings. It’s lije saying their the bad person. “Feeling fully” is what most empaths fear the greatest, mainly because at the end of its fullness it often has a pact, or association formed since childhood from sources outside of itself, that makes them fear this feeling.

I am just now learning this! Thank you for putting it in words!

Quote:
Most don’t want to be ‘seen’ as these things associated. So in this way feelings are seen as ‘something’ bad. Rather than temporary shifting movements from within.