Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-07-2019, 02:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
So Jesus' beliefs are different from Christians because he worshiped in a temple? I'm not following.

You previously indicated that Jesus did not fit into the Jewish scene because he was so much different but the scriptures seem to paint a version of Jesus in which he was much attuned to Jewish beliefs.

His death was based on deep Jewish beliefs.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Why does your translation use God instead of Elohim in the first creation account (Genesis 1:1 -Genesis 2:3)?

The word Elohim can also be singular.

Why do we have to wait for the word Yahweh to be used until we get to Genesis 2:4?

Different writers?

Probably because God is English and Elohim is Hebrew and the translation I use is English.

Sorry but I'm just not seeing any logic in your questions.

Both terms are used in the Hebrew Bible. Elohim is more like referring to someone by their title and YHWH is more like referring to someone by their name. Both Elohim and YHWH are scattered through the OT. In no way does it indicate different writers, although the Bible has many different writers so it wouldn't make much of a difference either way.

I'm wondering if you're going to get around to making a point.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:11 AM
Master
Quote:
We are commanded by God to speak the truth of the gospel. A Christian who doesn't do so probably isn't a very good Christian if we consider that a good Christian is one who follows the teachings of Christ.

If a person speaks only about the Gospels, would the person ever believe in the Trinity?
Old 08-07-2019, 02:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Probably because God is English and Elohim is Hebrew and the translation I use is English.

Both terms are used in the Hebrew Bible. Elohim is more like referring to someone by their title and YHWH is more like referring to someone by their name. Both Elohim and YHWH are scattered through the OT. In no way does it indicate different writers, although the Bible has many different writers so it wouldn't make much of a difference either way.

Have you ever studied both creation accounts in Hebrew?
Old 08-07-2019, 02:18 AM
Master
Quote:
You previously indicated that Jesus did not fit into the Jewish scene because he was so much different but the scriptures seem to paint a version of Jesus in which he was much attuned to Jewish beliefs.

His death was based on deep Jewish beliefs.

No, I never said Jesus "didn't fit into the Jewish scene," I said he is incompatible with the Jewish religion, speaking not of the OT but of the aspects of their belief that were created by men. The fact that Jesus followed the Jewish religion has nothing to do with the fact that he claimed to be God and this was rejected by most Jews, again due to their belief in who and what the messiah was supposed to be, and hence the Jewish religion rejects him as God. The OT is the revelation of God so of course Jesus followed this, he knew first hand that it was true. That has nothing to do with the fact that the Jews did not and do not believe he is God.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Have you ever studied both creation accounts in Hebrew?

I'll wait until you state some kind of point to respond. I'm tired of answering questions and having you simply move on to the next question without addressing my answers. That's now how a conversation works.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:30 AM
Master
Quote:

Exodus 6:3 claims the people did not know 'God' by his name Yahweh but Eve claim she got her first son from Yahweh as mentioned in Genesis 4:1 and at the end of Genesis chapter 4 it claims people were calling on Yahweh.

Can you explain from your translation why Exodus 6:3 appears to be out of place? Or can it be resolved by looking at a subtle variant that can not be ascertained outside of Hebrew?
Old 08-07-2019, 02:34 AM
Master
Quote:
I'll wait until you state some kind of point to respond. I'm tired of answering questions and having you simply move on to the next question without addressing my answers. That's now how a conversation works.

I can assume you never have looked at the creation accounts in Hebrew.

There is so much that can be learned.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:42 AM
Master
Quote:

The Septuagint translation butchered words such as Elohim. Elohim got translated into Greek for the word used in English for God in Genesis chapter 1. That translation probably laid the foundation for why so many have a hard time understanding the Bible.

As for me, I suspect Palo-Hebrew and Old Hebrew were tonal languages. If my suspicions are true, that would cause another variable to be introduced in trying to get a better grasp on exactly what was being written.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Of course I do. For some, this requires showing them that their current worldview is insufficient and unjustified.
I don't find your manner in which you speak TO people on here is walking the walk. People won't listen if you aren't walking it. They can see through it.