Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 08-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Seeker

'blue' howlite

I bought a gorgeous bracelet the other day from my newly discovered local crystal/new age shop. The shop owner was very honest in telling me that it was howlite, and I knew it had been dyed because it is blue/green in colour, although it doesn't look like turquoise, which I know is quite often dyed howlite. What I would like to know is whether the fact that it is dyed have any effect on the properties of the howlite? I'm also looking to buy some chrysocolla, but again I've read that this can be dyed howlite, so am a bit nervous of buying on-line. Any advice on this please?
Old 09-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Deactivated Account
Chrysocolla has a blue-green color and is a minor ore of copper, with recognizable patterns. I guess it's not so hard to tell if it's a natural color or dyed.
For some reason, I really don't know why so many Howlite Crystals are dyed to look turquoise...
I don't prefer treated Crystals, but that doesn't mean that they are useless.
If you like them, it's okay to work with them. If you have some skepticism/doubts, don't waist your time and look for untreated Crystals. Your mindset can make blockages, and there's not much you can do to change that.

Best wishes :)
Old 09-07-2016, 11:44 PM
Master
It will still have the howlite properties, with some added stuff because of the colour. I used to have a bracelet like that, loved it. The elastic broke in the end, so at some point I will have to repair it.

It gets died cos it can/is then sold as turquoise which is horribly expensive.

Chrysocolla, not heard of that being died. It's not really expensive either, so why would one bother? But alas, anything is possible.
Very easy to recognize, as it has distinct patterns, like Errol said. It's got blue and greenish and aqua etc.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:35 PM
Seeker

Thanks Errol and FairyCrystal. I love my bracelet, so should be OK with it. I know what you mean about scepticism creeping in Errol, and so I do try and avoid anything that I'm not sure about. Will go with the chrysocolla that I've seen on line and hope for the best. Unfortunately the on-line shop that I've always been satisfied with preciously doesn't have any pieces that I'm drawn to at the moment, maybe I'll contact them and see what they come up with.