Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-02-2018, 06:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
"Guilt", nevertheless sky, is one aspect of suffering.
Upon reaching the age of responsibility, all of humanity eventually incurs guilt! Which is a source of anxiety, discomfort, shame, etc!
Which may even cause some to lose their sanity!

Humanity has the attribute, ( or affliction ), of "Conscience".

Again, the foundation of salvation... involving the atoning practices established by God, of which Jesus is the Capstone... is meant to address guilt, and for the sake of peace in humanity.

Now, St. Paul speaks in scripture of this. Saying that some have "seared over their consciences as with a hot iron", due to guilt!
A.k.a. - "sociopaths".

"Psychiatry" also, exists for valid reason. "Suffering".

Guilt only causes what you mentioned above if you believe in guilt and feel guilty. Your thoughts define your life, you become what you think .
Suffering is caused by desire/craving not guilt..
Old 04-02-2018, 07:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Guilt only causes what you mentioned above if you believe in guilt and feel guilty.

And? It exists sky, nevertheless, in "the world".
I cited the psychiatric term, "sociopath".
I cited what Paul stated about people, "searing over their concience as with a hot iron".
Concience exists!

You can advocate how you "think" people ought to deal with it, your perspective and opinion, but guilt is part of the psychology, and mental/emotional physiology of humanity, in "the world".
In the evolved animal/mammal.

It exists, and it is a big part of the BEHAVIOR of people in the world!

I stated, and cited, how "God so loved the world", humanity therein, "that He gave His only begotten Son..."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 04-02-2018, 07:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
And? It exists sky, nevertheless, in "the world".
I cited the psychiatric term, "sociopath".
I cited what Paul stated about people, "searing over their concience as with a hot iron".
Concience exists!

You can advocate how you "think" people ought to deal with it, your perspective and opinion, but guilt is part of the psychology, and mental/emotional physiology of humanity, in "the world".
In the evolved animal/mammal.

It exists, and it is a big part of the BEHAVIOR of people in the world!

I stated, and cited, how "God so loved the world", humanity therein, "that He gave His only begotten Son..."

Yes it does exist for Paul and the psychiatrist because they believe it exists, all thoughts come from the mind. With your thoughts you create your reality
Old 04-02-2018, 09:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes it does exist for Paul and the psychiatrist because they believe it exists, all thoughts come from the mind. With your thoughts you create your reality

Yes they do.
So do all those who suffer, due to the egoic behavior of fellow humanity, in a world which we all share.
This is the apparent level.

You know when discussing these things we speak in reference of levels. At the utmost level we can understand that the world itself is illusory, and does not exist.

So?

Meanwhile, those who have been abused in the world, maimed by violence, traumatized and are victims of their own actions as well, suffer.
You know I was watching the movie "Ordinary People" last night, which relates.
These are those in need of succor, aid, rescue and relief.
These are those in bondage, and imprisonment.
These are among those who The Almighty seeks out to rescue and save, and bring His peace to.

By the way, regarding egoic behavior, can you point out anywhere in the Buddha's teachings where ego is cited, specifically?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 05-02-2018, 02:31 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Buddha exist's as much as Jesus exist's
If you don't know him how do you know he doesn't exist ?

Have you ever seen the name Buddah in the bible= NO.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
Have you ever seen the name Buddah in the bible= NO.

Buddha is not the name of a person
Old 06-02-2018, 12:23 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Buddha is not the name of a person

Yes i know--there is no Buddah in reality.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
Yes i know--there is no Buddah in reality.

"Buddha" is a title. It means "enlightened one", or "awakened". The Bible in the New Testament uses the term,
"Born Again". - Jesus

The label "Rapture", is not in the Bible. Yet it is fully described in many places, old testament, and new.

Sky had stated that "guilt" is not cited in Buddhas teachings. I asked if ego was...

Siddartha lived some 300+ years before Jesus' appearance on earth, and in a different culture. Why isn't he seen as like one of the old testament prophets in the Bible?
He told the truth.

The Truth transcends the various religions.
The Truth just is.
God is Truth. (And The Light.)
1 John 1:5

Old 06-02-2018, 05:46 PM
Master
[quote=Morpheus]The label "Rapture", is not in the Bible. Yet it is fully described in many places, old testament, and new.

Sky had stated that "guilt" is not cited in Buddhas teachings. I asked if ego was...

Siddartha lived some 300+ years before Jesus' appearance on earth, and in a different culture. Why isn't he seen as like one of the old testament prophets in the Bible?
He told the truth.

The Truth transcends the various religions.
The Truth just is.
God is Truth. (And The Light.)[/QUOTE

Sorry, I missed your ' Ego ' question, yes it is part of Buddha's teachings.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Master
[quote=kjw47]Yes i know--there is no Buddah in reality.[/QUOTE

I know and you know that you didn't know