Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 15-01-2018, 08:53 PM
Suspended
Ascender

swampgrl - You go girl. Fun thread, lol at claims that words are not dualistic. Name it and.....

BT
Old 16-01-2018, 04:36 AM
Knower
Thank you for the encouragement blossomingtree. I don't mind at all people poking holes in what ever I put out there. That's half of the reason I post publicly at all.

I want people to point out other things to me as I would hope others value that too otherwise what's the point? Doesn't mean I am going to take it in lock stock and barrel but I do give it my full consideration.

I am where I am because I didn't just listen to what I expected to hear in life. In fact my biggest spiritual moments happen from the unexpected. I'd think by now I'd expect the unexpected but then again they wouldn't be as exceptional moments if I did so there is that

There really is that which is indescribable and definitely this sentence doesn't do it justice either. It doesn't need justice but in my head I feel a desire to try regardless. Maybe that's my new question, why do I feel the desire to do 'it' justice with the knowledge it requires no justice nor seeks it?

:::: throws another clay pigeon ::::

The indescribable is like knowing before knowing was known.
Old 16-01-2018, 06:09 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl
Thank you for the encouragement blossomingtree. I don't mind at all people poking holes in what ever I put out there. That's half of the reason I post publicly at all.

I want people to point out other things to me as I would hope others value that too otherwise what's the point? Doesn't mean I am going to take it in lock stock and barrel but I do give it my full consideration.

I am where I am because I didn't just listen to what I expected to hear in life. In fact my biggest spiritual moments happen from the unexpected. I'd think by now I'd expect the unexpected but then again they wouldn't be as exceptional moments if I did so there is that

There really is that which is indescribable and definitely this sentence doesn't do it justice either. It doesn't need justice but in my head I feel a desire to try regardless. Maybe that's my new question, why do I feel the desire to do 'it' justice with the knowledge it requires no justice nor seeks it?

:::: throws another clay pigeon ::::

The indescribable is like knowing before knowing was known.

Indeed, how spiritual would or could you be if you were really that thin skinned and unable to make a stand?

More seriously,

"There really is that which is indescribable and definitely this sentence doesn't do it justice either."

Of course. We all try.

Words are what we have and use in daily life and naturally on forums. It's a proper medium and can be used to facilitate that which is beyond both duality and words.

Nothing like a pair of chopsticks when ya want a buffet!

Enjoy -

BT
Old 16-01-2018, 08:21 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Nothing like a pair of chopsticks when ya want a buffet!

Love the line!

As the lyrics from a U2 video attest, "You've been living underground
Eating from a can."

So if chop sticks are all there is at the above ground buffet (outdoor seating please) I'm good as long as it's not canned food.
Old 16-01-2018, 10:32 AM
Knower
The way I see it is, words meant for communication straight away implies the "You and I" duality. It's the intent behind them where the duality lies.

But words on their own, without attached meaning or intent, are no more than appearances.
Old 18-01-2018, 01:48 AM
Knower
If nonduality needed to communicate it would do so without words, with thought.
Old 19-01-2018, 08:01 AM
Knower
I discovered nonduality by not discovering it.

The above sentence can be viewed at first glance as word play.

I love those kind of hints. How a about you?
Old 19-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Knower
In duality it's ALL about the journey, not the destination.

See you around............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .
Old 08-02-2018, 05:27 PM
Eelco

No. Words are not inherently dualistic.
They are the fingers that point to the moon.

Only if we mistake the finger for the moon do we fall for the pitfall of pointing fingers.

Have you noticed that during a convesation the fingers start pointing in different directions?

With Love
Eelco
Old 08-02-2018, 10:14 PM
Knower
You make a good point, Eelco.

If you can do it, I can too. ;) Here it goes:

There is no point........

......however a point can be made. (where is my dot matrix printer?)

Shall I/ we fashion a god and worship it? How crazy would that be?

A point made is not the point.

Imagine fashioning a point made in some kind of ultra high definition 3D hologram matrix, so much so that it looks real. The religions of the world fooling the masses have the most advanced ones.

I have made my point, its not a Rembrandt but what do you expect, it's not like I'm looking to start a religion or anything.