Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 29-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Guide
The refresh or flicker rate chosen for television sets was not an accident. They knew what they were doing when they selected a flicker rate that had the maximum effect of inducing people into trance. That was on the old TV sets. Think how much more advanced it is with the new ones.

Television is definitely a mind control device used by the government. Even shows like The Simpsons are loaded with propaganda messages. But the absolute worst thing on TV is the so-called news. That doesn't mean you should never watch TV. But you should do some research about how propaganda works and how television affects you so that you can know how to protect yourself.

One of the main things that they do with TV is make you upset with the stories they tell you with the hope of causing repressed anger, fear and hopelessness. This might be delivered through fiction or through news but either way it's designed to affect you.

The main thing to keep in mind while watching TV is that they will outright lie to you and give it fancy packaging making it look like it is truth. The lies are very well polished and maintained so much so that they will even hold up in court rooms if you're not careful. You just have to know better than to accept everything spoon fed to you through the tube and not let it affect you. And turn it off the moment that it does.

Yes I think it affects spirituality but so does eating junk food and harboring negativity and a lot of other things. The main thing to do is to pray and worship God. Love your neighbor. Love your enemies. Keep that going and your spirituality will be fine. Positive action is so much more powerful than negative action it is almost effortless to overcome it.
Old 29-10-2010, 02:51 PM
LightFilledHeart

In my opinion, it is a mind-deadening medium. Research shows that the mind enters into a dulled, somulent, almost hypnotic state. No true learning or thought is taking place. It's more like a sedative, and like many "drugs", it is addictive. People who become addicted and don't get their "fix" become irritable and lash out at others. Chopra and Tolle both have stated that, unlike the shut down of the mind that is experienced in meditation (where thoughts are silenced in order that the soul might enter into direct communion with the divine), what happens when the brain is exposed to television watching is that it simply shuts down and goes into almost a sleep state... a state in which it is highly susceptible to anything planted from that source, i.e., the program being watched. It is no accident that they are referred to as "programs"...! "Programming" does indeed take place!

Just my 2 cents, kids
Old 29-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Master
Yeah thanks for the both above posts, I never like the way tv makes me feel after I watch it I literally feel icky like I want to take a shower. If I watch TV all day then I really really feel icky.
Spiritlite.
Old 29-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Master
Well, conspiracy theories are entertaining, but not everything on the television is of course there to somehow ''secretly'' ''programme'' you. *whistle*
Not everything is violence and gossip.
Old 29-10-2010, 07:58 PM
JEN

I tend to agree with the majority on this thread. Constantly watching TV is a mind numbing experience, and yes (having worked in advertising) lots of subliminal messages are held within even the simplist of adverts... I am not talking "mind control" per se, but just think of what words, symbols, scenery, people, situations, etc are used to elicit your emotinal responses and the underlying message "this will make my life better/happier". And as most of the "newsworthy" stuff promotes fear and distress, I cant see how this is good for you either. I also think that even the less violent shows, often promote subliminal messages about 'family values', 'self-reliance', 'patriotic over personal priorities', etc. Of course, if you are switched on to all this stuff and watch with a discerning eye, most shows become interesting to "spot the messages" and infact, quite commical.

Personally, I literally cant watch TV.... something about the frequency/vibes. I do ok on one channel for a little while, but with a channel surfing son, I just cant handle the constant adjustments my body seems to have to make! I just begin to feel agitated and a little sick. My TV only gets used for watch DVDs.... I guess there is no frequency issues then ....(am I the only one with this problem??)

Of course, from what I observe today, kids aren't watching that much TV... they seem to be locked in their own rooms, tapping away on their computers, or playing "kill them all!" computer games...... Really dont know which is worse!

JEN
Old 29-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Well, conspiracy theories are entertaining, but not everything on the television is of course there to somehow ''secretly'' ''programme'' you. *whistle*
Not everything is violence and gossip.

Most stuff is though. 99% or more. Of course their messages are so powerful you will internalize them to some extent whether you watch TV or not, just by being exposed to society.
Old 29-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Guide
I definitely believe that Spritlite, Its not just the government though
The news channels are filled with subliminal messages (Lets face it, all media is owned by a totaly of 6 corporations) And its not just the news channels.. Its the shows that kids are brought up on (One of those corporations is Walt Disney), its the commercials that come in between each show.. ect.
Old 30-10-2010, 02:18 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Yeah thanks for the both above posts, I never like the way tv makes me feel after I watch it I literally feel icky like I want to take a shower. If I watch TV all day then I really really feel icky.
Spiritlite.

An "energy" shower, eh? I would say pay heed to your feelings. They are better and more accurate guildance than any you could gleen from another..!
Old 30-10-2010, 02:19 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEN
Personally, I literally cant watch TV.... something about the frequency/vibes. I do ok on one channel for a little while, but with a channel surfing son, I just cant handle the constant adjustments my body seems to have to make! I just begin to feel agitated and a little sick. My TV only gets used for watch DVDs.... I guess there is no frequency issues then ....(am I the only one with this problem??)

JEN

I too am adversely effected by T.V. and avoid watching it when possible. Like Spiritlite said, it makes me feel "icky"!
Old 30-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Television is definitely a mind control device used by the government. Even shows like The Simpsons are loaded with propaganda messages. But the absolute worst thing on TV is the so-called news.

...Now you take that back! (simpsons my favorite show)

I tend to agree with most of what you're saying.

And more so since I stopped watching tv, for the most part.
When things went digital, it was a blessing in disguise for me. I refused to be buying stuff I couldn't afford, like cable or dish because the basic little box is a joke. We get very poor reception. We didn't watch tv at all except for one spanish channel that was the only thing that came in because I refused to buy a box because we were supposed to get a coupon to help defray the cost and it never showed up and when i tried to tell them, i just got the run-around so i protested by not watching tv! My son had a harder time adjusting.

I do not miss the cow-eyed anchor on 11 she gave me the creeps! I will come home and turn it on in hopes of catching the simpsons but if not, oh well. I used to love house, and watched it last night and i like the new season where he and cutty are bf / gf. Nice. BUT I can live without tv now and often have it on but mute the sound and just have it on for background/light. I can feel a difference and the improvement is still happening in my life.

Bye-bye, you stupid tv.