Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 07-09-2018, 03:16 AM
Ascender
Question Dating someone very adverse to paranormal/psychic

I have dated a few guys willing to at least talk about the possibility of the paranormal and my psychic abilities etc...But the guy I have been seeing whom has studied at least a little Buddhism is completely calling all of this stuff **.We cannot even begin to discuss it. Maybe if he acknowledged the possibility that any of it is real it would scare the heck out of him?
I just have trouble believing he has never had any psychic or premonitions come to him while meditating at all? Maybe an intense fear of this stuff blocks him to aid in his beliefs? Self fulfilling prophecy?
Old 08-09-2018, 08:13 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeSpirit
I have dated a few guys willing to at least talk about the possibility of the paranormal and my psychic abilities etc...But the guy I have been seeing whom has studied at least a little Buddhism is completely calling all of this stuff **.We cannot even begin to discuss it. Maybe if he acknowledged the possibility that any of it is real it would scare the heck out of him?
I just have trouble believing he has never had any psychic or premonitions come to him while meditating at all? Maybe an intense fear of this stuff blocks him to aid in his beliefs? Self fulfilling prophecy?

Problem with spirituality is it's about beliefs. Nothing concrete. It would seem a big presumption to think intense fear is at work. Perhaps a) he was skeptical at first and his studies convinced him it's all waffle. It doesn't mean he won't change over time. b) perhaps his beliefs now center on atheism to the extent he knows he can trust the physical universe - no matter how "spiritual" people discuss what reality is, he knows it persists, and conforms to enough laws that he can rely on day after day. c) perhaps a sum of a and b - he can't be bothered.

You say nothing more about your relationship so I assume nothing. Point is, are there other underlying things in common that make it good and sound. And you don't argue about the spiritual? If so you may as well stick with him and proselyte very gently! Something may occur that changes his mind although he himself may resist it at first.

Good luck.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeSpirit

CreativeSpirit - As Lorelyen said, people do change over time. When I met my spouse he was just as skeptical. Many years later and he's now reading books about the paranormal and teaching me. If the relationship is real and worth taking further, just be patient.