Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-11-2019, 04:15 PM
Master

I know Genesis is not be taken literally, my point is that in Genesis we find that verse, how could Eve understand the increasing of the pains of child birth if she would not already have given birth?
Old 28-11-2019, 04:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I know Genesis is not be taken literally, my point is that in Genesis we find that verse, how could Eve understand the increasing of the pains of child birth if she would not already have given birth?

It's a story that went wrong
Old 28-11-2019, 04:47 PM
MAYA EL

Quote:
The same way you tell a kid not to touch the stove cuz it will burn them. They've never been burned but you still told them that it burns you and yet they walk over and touch the stove and it burns them
Old 28-11-2019, 04:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
The same way you tell a kid not to touch the stove cuz it will burn them. They've never been burned but you still told them that it burns you and yet they walk over and touch the stove and it burns them

It's about the increasing of the pains of child birth, can you see the difference?

"I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception"

The obvious result of the fall could have been: "Your child birth is going to be painful" or something like that, yet we see an increasing of the pain, in other words, the pain was already there and Eve experienced it, at least this is my impression of that verse.

If I tell someone that I would increase her/his tooth pain, then that person would already be aware of the tooth pain so they will know that it will hurt more, at least this is how I see things.

It does not make sense to tell someone they will feel more pain regarding a specific thing if they never experienced that pain ever before, it make sense to tell them that it will hurt.
Old 28-11-2019, 04:55 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Where did Cain's wife come from?

From her mother.
Old 28-11-2019, 05:05 PM
Master
Quote:
It's about the increasing of the pains of child birth, can you see the difference?

"I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception"

The obvious result of the fall could have been: "Your child birth is going to be painful" or something like that, yet we see an increasing of the pain, in other words, the pain was already there and Eve experienced it, at least this is my impression of that verse.

If I tell someone that I would increase her/his tooth pain, then that person would already be aware of the tooth pain so they will know that it will hurt more, at least this is how I see things.

It does not make sense to tell someone they will feel more pain regarding a specific thing if they never experienced that pain ever before.

Not all the stories say ' Increasing ' they can't even get that right .

16 To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”
Old 28-11-2019, 05:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Not all the stories say ' Increasing ' they can't even get that right .

16 To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”

check I will make your pains in childbearing very severe, it's basically the same thing, the pain was already there but now it's very severe, increased.

I don't think we tell people they will suffer more because of something, if they never experienced that at least a degree of that pain ever before, it makes no sense.
Old 28-11-2019, 05:09 PM
Master
Quote:
check I will make your pains in childbearing very severe, it's basically the same thing, the pain was already there but now it's very severe, increased.

Don't worry about it, it's just a myth

Severe doesn't mean increasing.....
Old 28-11-2019, 05:10 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
How about this:

Originally Posted by NoOne
Not sure if somebody else has already mentioned this, but the archetypes in the Fall of Man / Garden of Eden are pre-Christian and are shared across many cultures.

The tree of life is the Human Body's energetic system. This is even acknowledged in Cabbala.

Adam is the Male creative principle (Shiva in Hinduism)
Eve is the female Creative principle (Shakti in Hinduism)

The Serpent is Kundalini. It can give the gift of eternal life and / or infinite knowledge. It is symbolised by the apple, because it is the fruit that is most obviously of a toroid shape, another key to the mysteries of the Universe.

The fruit of the tree of eternal life / infinite knowledge refers to the same substance that is known as Nectar/Ambrosia to the Greeks and Soma/Amrita to the Hindus. Drinking of this is what gives the gods their immortality and unlimited knowledge. It is actually liquid light, which floods the brain upon illumination.

Those that are enlightened, drink of the Soma/Nectar constantly, giving them longevity, but chiefly, intuitive knowledge and a connection the divine. The Halo shown around saints signifies this illumination, resulting from the constant flow of Soma/Nectar into the brain.

The fall of man signifies man's fall from grace, from his previous divine state into that of gross matter. The serpent is shown wrapped around the tree of life facing downwards, which signifies the fall of the Kundalini from its exalted position of contact with the divine to "slithering in the dust".

The Gnostics would agree with this explanation, though the Roman church would vehemently deny it of course.

Sorry, if this was too esoteric, but explaining these concepts properly would require several books, this is a very simplistic attempt at arriving at a synthesis of the various facts available in different cultures and religious/spiritual traditions.

Many guesses and misses many points.
This is trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Can I please have a hammer? Never-mind I got it.
Old 28-11-2019, 05:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Don't worry about it, it's just a myth

Severe doesn't mean increasing.....

It means that it would hurt more, it's not the same thing? Well, to me this verse offers a new perspective on what happened before the birth of the material world as we know it.