Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-11-2019, 08:11 AM
Master
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE COMMON THREADS YOU FIND IN VARIOUS RELIGIONS?

Have you noticed various religions seem to share common beliefs?

Feel free to discuss some of these similarities?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 16-11-2019, 08:59 AM
Newbie ;)

the fact you need to know a written text first , and that these than create a shared feeling , which you can join in . for me source is unconditional an not related to any written text , since that seems to be a separate energy field that derives its strength from quantity of people in it , making it feel stronger . but it will than never be unconditional since there are others not in the shared field of energy-

more to this ? text and writing connect souls with energy cords , these hamper experiencing source which is energy all around and in you . a free energy !
energy cords can do many things draw energy away and give energy , and much more since they have intentions embedded in them , as any one can see and feel when reading stuff . how ever they are connections bogging souls down to a lower reality . the reality of the energy cords , the reality of the incarnated world where source is no longer all around you in his true form , but can be ! cords are created of source energy , makes them odd stuff altogether , specially on Saturday when you have more pressing matters at hand ! thoughts are cords too and create , and I now made one of what to do next !
Old 16-11-2019, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

Hi Big John,

I am not a scholar in regards to religion.
Will share some thoughts upon what I've come across.

God-Source-All-Creater
Saints-Masters
Angels-dieties
Devil-demons
Spirit-energy
Virtues-those values that are deemed beneficial
Evil-those values that are deemed harmful
Sin-seperation from God/divine
Soul-Spirit-True self?
Ego-Pride
Heaven-Nirvana-Paradise
Now these are my own comparisons. Admit may have influences due to my Catholic upbringing as well.

At the base most major religions seem to point, direct, and teach compassion and respect for each other, the divine, and what is created, IMO.

There may be other "religions" that may follow other ways as well, that I am not familiar with.
Old 16-11-2019, 06:21 PM
ImthatIm

Stories for teaching.

Like unconditional Divine Love.

Spirit help that becomes united with a person or groups.

Song and or music.

Correction in training.
Old 16-11-2019, 06:46 PM
Knower
I think they are all about control
Old 16-11-2019, 07:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Creek77

I agree: all of them end up being about control.

Most religious and spiritual movements start from a need to share and interpret unexplainable experiences, but in time that gets distorted such that the original spark is unrecognizable. Advanced minds are the initiators, mediocre minds are taking over and run it into the ground. You can find this story in all walks of life.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-11-2019, 06:08 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Creek77

Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Daoism, Shinto, Paganism, Heathenry... they are about control, how? None of these have any central authority. Who exerts the control? When people think about religions being controlling, I think they actually meant Christianity and Islam. Not even Judaism.
Old 20-11-2019, 07:37 PM
Knower
Those religions are found in cultures who have a ruling class of people. They are the central authority. Often they claim to represent God, thus their rule is the rule of God. That make their rule the ultimate rule (Laws). Religion is all about social order and control.
Old 20-11-2019, 08:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainarayan
Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, Daoism, Shinto, Paganism, Heathenry... they are about control, how? None of these have any central authority. Who exerts the control? When people think about religions being controlling, I think they actually meant Christianity and Islam. Not even Judaism.
Then this is their mistake is it not. They all are about control (authority).
Old 20-11-2019, 10:30 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

Great subject Big John!