Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 19-02-2015, 09:54 PM
Knight_of_Light

Yeah, I know. I think Louise Hay is a great place to start as she teaches that self-love and acceptance are the prerequisites for manifesting and attracting goodness. In fact last year I was only into her.

It was the things suggested by the people on that other (mostly female) forum (they write wishes about perfect jobs, getting married, etc) and I get depressed that I never seem to meet the girl and the best-friend-like-a-brother I wish for despite wishing about them on every new moon. With each time I got more and more frustrated and less satisfied with life, ergo I attracted negative people and things in it. Then I said to myself - probably they already love themselves now and don't have anxiety/low self-image/confidence issues.

In fact I think I am naturally more blessed than them as they *have* to write wishes and visualize to manifest while I just attract goodness to me when I am at my happiest naturally (am I a star/indigo child haha?). But my vitamin deficiency as a teen (bad food choices and undiagnosed Celiac) made me depressive and changed my thought patterns which made people avoid me so I became a loner. The happy child drowning everyone in feel-good vibes and positive energy became a dark shadow. I used the dream world to escape, but with every escape I became less and less likeable and I loved myself less and less. So no dreaming and planning for the future for me, I'm going to focus on my spiritual and physical well-being right here and now. I need to center/ground myself.

Blessings!
Old 20-02-2015, 07:26 AM
Master
I use a combined approach. By and large I focus on the present moment. Sometimes I'll do a focused session for manifesting but I always return to the present when I finish.
Old 21-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Knower
Wow that's awesome :)

How do you personally keep from the past haunting you, or what do you do when the thought of something comes up? Just replace it with positive or just say to yourself "I did the best I could?"
Old 26-02-2015, 11:53 AM
Knight_of_Light

I think it comes down to the fact that some people are naturally future-oriented while others are present- or past-oriented. For the latter two visualizations might actually hinder success and happiness because practicing them is like going against your nature. I'd rather focus on the positive events and people from the past and present and be grateful and affirm positive thoughts than visualize some perfect situation.

Blessings!
Old 26-02-2015, 06:33 PM
Master
I would point out also that you can only create in the present moment.
Old 21-03-2015, 04:56 AM
rockthrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Your post made me think of this. Don't know if it helps.

If you can begin to savor the mere fact that you have desire right now,
and you would stop trying so hard to have that desire be fulfilled and manifested
in some physical format, then you would have it.

---Abraham

Awesome quote. I think visualizing what you want in the future helps. However, too much focus/desire may hinder. I like the idea of focusing on being well NOW
Old 16-12-2015, 11:17 PM
Experiencer
I noticed too, that simply enjoying now and being present is much more powerful than other vibrational work, although I also believe, that creating new beliefs in the subconscious is very helpful. It is also possible, that when we are present, those beliefs might be rewriten automatically to some degree, but I am not sure.