Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 09-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Master

A Course To Spirit Guides by White Warrior, Ver 1.0

Introduction
I have helped many find their spirit guides; I think I stopped counting after the first fifty. Not every 'spirit guide hunt' is successful but the success rate is now somewhere around 80%. No, I am not a medium, I do not talk with the guides directly. What I do is help people connect to their own guides themselves, and then have a brief conversation with the guides where the guides' charges are the channel for the guides. How this works, considering most of those people have not spoken with their guides before at all? Amazingly well. I have no magic staff, just a bit of routine and some very basic techniques to teach away. Most of the hunting sessions I have done, have started off with me teaching about what guides are and make sure the person - the charge, as the guides often call them - is ready to have their first meeting. Then we call for the guide, and sometimes the guides arrive at once. In the cases where it isn't that easy, I then teach a visualization technique or two. Although I can no longer keep the old cases apart, they become somewhat similar, each guide and each charge is unique and I can never say for sure how it will end.

I must admit that my connection help isn't entirely of an advisory nature. I am adding my own energy to the connection attempt, some times sending energy directly to the one I am helping so they can connect stronger to themselves. My 'spirit call' seem to have a pretty strong signal. I would be dubious about doing this, if not for the fact that once people have connected with their guide with my help they do fine on their own afterwards.

I am writing this article in the hope of cutting down on the time I use on teaching in each session, and will be in the future be requiring people who ask for my help to be reading this article before we start.

Spirit Guides - who they are
Most guides are, or were, people like you and me. They lived a number of lives, acquired wisdom and experiences and relations, and eventually decided that they had had enough of being alive in a physical body. But there can evidently be a lot more to being a spirit than hanging around on a cloud fiddling with a harp. Especially if you aren't that musically inclined. Some choose to become guides for the living, and often choose to volunteer to guide someone they have an existing relation to - a past life lover, friend, relative or even student. But there are frequently exceptions. Some times higher beings might decide to give guidance too, like angels or even deities. Other times your guide might appear to be an animal. I say appear because guides can to some extent choose what to look like, especially if they have been those animals in some of their former lives. Some are actual animals, too - do not think that an intelligent mind has to be a human one. This CAN be cumbersome if the animal mind prefers to work with symbols that make more sense to their species than to yours.

Do not be surprised if your guide is also guiding others; that they are 'with you' all the time often rather means that they are listening in your direction - as well as in other directions too. The spirit world's time races several times faster than ours so listening a little here and then a little there and then a little down there is not as hard as it sounds for us.
You might find that you have more than one guide. Many have little groups of 2-5 guides with varying tasks on each guide, while I also have encountered groups of 50+ individuals a couple of times. Groups usually have a leader who might or might not be the one you talk most with. Typically I find that groups have at least one Protector, one Teacher in the talent you are strongest on, and sometimes a Confidant/Nurturer and a Healer. Some times one guide covers all needs. The Main guide is usually the one you have a contract with, sometimes with others as well, and it also happens that your main guide enlists other helpers for longer or shorter durations.

Guides are like you and me, most often; in fact they are not only as intelligent as anyone else, but they also have the same range of emotions; happiness, anger, sadness and so on. They are however quite susceptible to being in about the same emotional state as their charge; this is easy to understand as their close connection allows the charge's emotional energy to wash over them.

Do all have guides? My default answer to this is yes. Although most people never make conscious contact and communication with their guides within any given lifetime, my experiences strongly indicate that they are there and waiting hopefully for contact to eventually happen. Contact can be blocked to various degree; someone who firmly reject the idea of guides are in effect blocking themselves. Drugs - especially illegal ones - also have a negative effect, and mental illnesses can affect reception too.

Can you LOSE your guide? There is no rule without exceptions, but generally the contract you made with the guide before birth is made of very strong stuff - no real guide simply leaves. You can tell your guide to go away but this does not mean they are not still discreetly keeping an eye and ear on you. There are cases where one guide might be replaced, or take a step back in order to let another guide take the front seat.

The Contract
Anyone who has had extensive chats with guides will agree that getting information from them can be hard - forget asking about lotto numbers, your average guide will be dodgy about almost anything if they think it will affect your life or choices in some important way. And there is a reason for this. Guides rarely arrive from out of the blue; in fact they volunteered directly to you while you was between lives and you agreed to let them become your guides. You made a binding contract. On the strength of this contract, the guides seem to have somewhat more power than your average spirit. But they also have to accept more responsibility as to what they can do and not do while helping you. They can go quite far in order to save your life, but taking life choices for you is otherwise a big nono. Nor can they take a very active part helping you on your spiritual development. The latter might sound strange, because isn't that what spiritual guidance is? There is a pattern though; if you can form the question then they can answer it. This is because, when you are ready to ask the question, you have also opened yourself for accepting the answer. They are helping your development, not teaching you the answers to write on a test and then forget. What happens when a guide breaks with the rules they work under? A higher authority steps in and deals with the guide. Yes, they have overseers although you might never learn of their existence. The spirit world is not like ours but it is far from an anarchy. Other things they are loathe to reveal information about include trackable details of past lives. Full names, dates and anything else that might make it easy for you to pinpoint a life are generally unavailable. There are two likely reasons for this. One is that a lot of people, including myself, would happily obsess about own past lives. Another is that this is not allowed by the powers that be, because some who nears the end of their life in a decidedly wealthy state would find it possible to pass on their wealth to themselves in their next life. I have actually heard guides say this.

False guides
I have experienced this; that non-guide but strong spirits will pose as guide for someone in order to gain the charge's energy. As part of this they might actually be quite protective of the one they have latched on to, but this can be explained as protection of their territory or energy source. While such false spirits might not be directly harmful, they are effectively keeping away the real guide and the aid he/she is meant to give you. They can be spotted by behavior or talk that is ego-driven or negative, like sarcasm or indifference or foul language. I have never heard a real guide utter the sentence 'I don't give a damn' but I have heard it from false ones. False guides can be driven away and then the real guide appears, but it takes determination to reject a spirit so strongly that they leave. False guides have nothing stopping them from lying or refusing the charge's wishes.
There are some good spirits who might come and decide to stay and act as a guide if they feel welcome, but these have not signed a contract and might have neither the power nor the insight of the real guides.

How do you make contact with your guides? The main method I teach is very simply; I help the person to become calm and receptive, then they simply call out: "I (real name) am ready to meet my true main spirit guide now. Come talk with me. I am listening." Amazingly often, there is a response immediately. From there I communicate for a little while with the guide through the charge, asking for the guide's name and connection to the charge and so on - little things that help build the mutual connection as well as the charge's faith in the truth of the connection. I need to add that for those with mediumistic talents this conversation can quickly become a channeling.

How do you communicate with your guides? As for talking TO them, you can do it exactly like that: with your voice. Low or high sound does not matter. Some can just think their questions and find that it works just as well. Hearing from them can also happen in several ways. Some hear an inner voice. Others will see letters as if written on a paper or on a screen. What you will not hear is a loud voice that others can hear too - the guide's words are just for you. Communication can also happen through other means than words; symbols are frequently used, and little scenes where things happen can also be displayed. Always remember that the information given is meant for the charge and might seem to convey something entirely different if read by or told about to another.

How do you notice the presence of guides? Let me say it at once: not everyone are capable of this. Some can feel pressure on their heads or other body parts, or tingling, or heat. Others can 'see' their guides in the room with them, right down to emotions on their faces and decorations on their bodies or clothes. But noticing the presence is very much secondary to achieving meaningful two way communication.

The black screen visualization technique
Not everyone find visualization natural, and this simple method can help. Imagine that you are looking at a purple wall. Got it? Next, imagine there is a black screen like a TV or a blackboard hanging on it in the middle, as if you was in a schoolroom or a living room. Focus on the black screen while being mindful of the purple wall. Now call for your guide and ask to be shown things on the screen, like the guide's name or body or just anything. If you can now see things appear, then congratulations - you are communicating with your guide.

The wardrobe visualization technique
This is another simple method. See a white room, with an old-fashioned wardrobe against the wall. Dark brown wood, double doors, you know the type. Then ask for your guide to appear, and keep your mind receptive as you simply open the doors. With a little luck your guide will come out and start communicating with you. But again, visualization is not for everybody.

Meditation and astral plane journeys
Many have first met their guides during meditation sessions, or while on an astral plane journey. As I do not master either of those skills I cannot comment further on this.

Meeting guides during dreams
When you dream your mind is more open, also to input from guides. Many claim to have met guides during dreams. The downside is that you usually have forgotten everything by the time you wake up, and too often dreams are just dreams and have no true message. You also have little control of what you say yourself. Some are capable of lucid dreams and can achieve more, but again I do not master this skill and so cannot comment further on this.

The almost-asleep state
Right before you go asleep and the moment you wake up, your brain changes gear and passes through what is called the theta state. In this specific speed, many of us have received brief but clear input from guides; actual warnings in words are not uncommon. If you receive one of these, take heed of it!

This document is under development, and additions and changes can come. As this is the first version there will probably be major changes in structure. New versions of this document will be posted in new threads. Comments are welcome.

Last edited by WhiteWarrior : 09-05-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Tammy

Great Post WW!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Master

thank you so much for this thread whitewarrior!

im always curious for the details of exactly what spirit guides do and what spirits do after they died.

my mom died on April 19th and every day since, I have felt her.....
I have seen her through my third eye numerous times and she is even giving me guidance! my spiritual abilities have opened up tremendously since she passed away.
She was only 63 when she passed, and im only 27.

I really feel that she is my new guide, from here on out!
it seems like she is helping me in so many ways.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:27 AM
Newbie ;)

WW, thanks for the detailed information. It certainly sounds do-able. My concern has always been that the communication that comes back will not be in a definitive form. Is what I'm interpreting the product of my imagination? Is the message in the form of symbols that are too subtle to interpret?
Old 10-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Master

Rena, by the oddest coincidence my birthday is the same date as your mother's death day. I do need to add into the document that it happens sometimes that someone who died after we were born, decide join our spirit guide group. My own grandmother are among those who look after me, although not by contract afaik.

Sweatervest, I agree that interpreting symbols is hard. For instance, a heart.... does it say conscience, love, relate to a relationship, indicate heart problems or something else entirely? It does help to ask them very specific questions, I have found. Generally we have to accept that the early phase of communication, before sentences become possible, will contain quite a bit of information that will remain 'coded' until the next phase hopefully comes.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Master

that's very weird! =)
Old 11-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Deactivated Account

That is great to read WhiteWarrior! Not just for a first time- but also for a re-fresher.

Not sure if you want to mention it.. you do not have to.. but the most common factor for anyone is the 'is it me or them replying' factor. As a general FAQ.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athymari
That is great to read WhiteWarrior! Not just for a first time- but also for a re-fresher.

Not sure if you want to mention it.. you do not have to.. but the most common factor for anyone is the 'is it me or them replying' factor. As a general FAQ.

Thank you Athy. And you are right, that is a very common doubt you mention there - I will add a paragraph about it.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Suspended
Great post WW - keep up the good work.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Experiencer
Great guide WW. Thanks for the effort!