Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 19-03-2012, 04:57 PM
SoulOfNaa

The Ho'oponopono Method

Has anyone here had any experience using Ho'oponopono?
Old 20-03-2012, 12:02 PM
happydays

I have played around a bit - but nothing serious.

I was a bit surprised to read - about a year ago - in a serious UK newspaper - that Ho'oponopono is one of a package of remedies being used on some traumatised Iraq and Afganistan soldiers.

The "package" of remedies seems to be working, so there may be something in it.
Old 20-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydays
I have played around a bit - but nothing serious.

I was a bit surprised to read - about a year ago - in a serious UK newspaper - that Ho'oponopono is one of a package of remedies being used on some traumatised Iraq and Afganistan soldiers.

The "package" of remedies seems to be working, so there may be something in it.
I love ho'oponopono! I wouldn't be surprised because I've used it and it seems to work pretty well. There was also a study at Hawaii University that showed it reduced blood pressure.

Here's an interview where a Ho'oponopono teacher talks a little about the theory..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL972JihAmg
Old 20-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Shabby

I love the Ho'oponopono prayer. It affirms that we are all connected and that we can change things by simply humbling ourselves and taking the responsibility for our creation.
Old 21-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
I love the Ho'oponopono prayer. It affirms that we are all connected and that we can change things by simply humbling ourselves and taking the responsibility for our creation.
There's also gratitude in the prayer, and love. I like that it teaches not to accept what appears on the surfaces, but to recognize things are a result of more hidden things. And you don't have to know what those hidden things are, you just say the prayer and accept responsibility.
Old 21-03-2012, 04:04 PM
MorningMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulOfNaa
Has anyone here had any experience using Ho'oponopono?

Only long enough to realise that it was about as fruitful and liberating (for me personally) as a block of concrete.....but that's not to say it isn't useful for others :)

MorningMist
Old 21-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
There's also gratitude in the prayer, and love. I like that it teaches not to accept what appears on the surfaces, but to recognize things are a result of more hidden things. And you don't have to know what those hidden things are, you just say the prayer and accept responsibility.

Yes I agree. I use the prayer when I have a conflict with someone. It's a silent prayer of asking for forgiveness from the depth of my heart for judging the appearance instead of looking beyond the appearance to the truth of being.
Old 21-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Yes I agree. I use the prayer when I have a conflict with someone. It's a silent prayer of asking for forgiveness from the depth of my heart for judging the appearance instead of looking beyond the appearance to the truth of being.
That was a big discovery for me to think of people as part of the Divine. When someone is saying or doing something I don't like, I'm reminded that it's coming from the memory in the unconscious and the person is a actually a perfect being created by love. The judgment comes from memory in me, I'm getting in the way instead of letting go. Also I like that the more you say the prayer the more it works on you. According to Hawaiian beliefs, it's my understanding that the prayer does much more than we know.
Old 21-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
That was a big discovery for me to think of people as part of the Divine. When someone is saying or doing something I don't like, I'm reminded that it's coming from the memory in the unconscious and the person is a actually a perfect being created by love. The judgment comes from memory in me, I'm getting in the way instead of letting go. Also I like that the more you say the prayer the more it works on you. According to Hawaiian beliefs, it's my understanding that the prayer does much more than we know.

Well, if a doctor was able to heal his patient by asking for forgiveness without doing anything "to them" other then believing that they were sick...yes...there is much more happening than what meets the eye.
Old 21-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Well, if a doctor was able to heal his patient by asking for forgiveness without doing anything "to them" other then believing that they were sick...yes...there is much more happening than what meets the eye.
Do you mean Dr Len and the patients at the psychiatric hospital? I heard him talking about that and he swears he didn't heal them, he said all of their problems where in him and he worked on himself, using his "Hawaiian magic"