Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-09-2019, 10:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Lack of meaning-full relatedness (hence solipsism) is a mental-emotional condition that is now epidemic - hence also present here - all over the world stage. ........................

I am not sure - there may be a better way of of navigating such 'infected' world, by my present thought is it may be best to just work around (in the sense of by pass) such folks 'spirits' - 'giving them' to 'God', so to speak - and focus on engaging with those who do 'see' and 'hear' communally consensual truths.

The 'ignore' feature available via the User CP page on this forum may be helpful in this regards.
Interesting prate.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:47 AM
Knower

I don't really believe in 'god' as it is defined by society right now. God and all of religion has always changed with the times. I think it is something that is so huge and so awesome that we can't even comprehend it, but when we try, we end up with our story of god because that is the best we can come up with. FWIW, I think bad things happen because they are in a persons special path. Your path is your own and everything in it is yours. (Not sure how or when or by who it is designed, I guess that is knowledge above my pay grade right now.) Some times our path is right beside another persons, and we are together or family or friends for a long time, sometimes we just bump into each other and go. Sometimes the path goes thru sunlight and sometimes it goes into some very dark and painful places. I think you just have to keep moving and believe that the great whatever (I say Great Mother, it feels maternal to me) is watching and knows where you are.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:11 AM
Deactivated Account
To God: why have you invented prayer while they are 100% useless?
Old 02-09-2019, 02:15 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodat
I never use the word God. It has too much baggage attached to it. Instead I accept a higher power and do not try to define it. This is a world of opposites and every definition implies an opposite.
Why is the world not in better harmony? Because it is a work in progress and we are the workmen. Would you criticize an artists preliminary sketches and ignore the finished work? If and when it is in perfect balance our work will be done and its physical form will disappear to be replaced by its spiritual form. In Genesis it states that on the seventh day God rested after creation was done. As with most of the first part of Genesis it is not to be taken literally but is an allegory meaning God (or a higher power if you will) stepped aside from any further direct participation in our creation. It is up to us to finish it.

Perfectly stated. Especially the first sentence. I also believe in a higher power, and I admit openly that I have no idea what it is. I do try, and I think that whatever it is appreciates the fact that I am attempting to understand and is ok with me not knowing everything. Maybe the searching is the point? I do feel a maternal energy from it, so I say "Mother" just for the sake of simplicity, but with the understanding that I could be totally wrong. My feelings are human and weak and often incorrect. Hopefully the supreme power forgives if I am saying the wrong thing.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
To God: why have you invented prayer while they are 100% useless?
When people hear my litanies, they actually believe I know something which is totally ludicrous.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-09-2019, 03:46 PM
Newbie ;)

is it okay to question god

they say never question god, but life is so cruel its a catch 20.
i simply believe in a higher power but do i believe hes that harsh to punish us for our whys? i doubt if he knows us he knows we don"t have clarity of this world. i simply lead by example with love and tolerance and acceptance and yes i ask why
Old 26-09-2019, 05:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS.HASKELL
they say never question god, but life is so cruel its a catch 20.
i simply believe in a higher power but do i believe hes that harsh to punish us for our whys? i doubt if he knows us he knows we don"t have clarity of this world. i simply lead by example with love and tolerance and acceptance and yes i ask why
Hello Mrs. H -

Addressing the issue of the 'why' of Life's (God's) harshness, here's an excerpt from page 65-66 of my treatise, which looks at earthly life in terms of young/ignorant souls incarnating in a tough/problematic/sometime quite reinforcing but sometime quite harshly challenging and 'testing' system so as to possibly learn, develop and grow to the point where they everlastingly join with 'The Father' (a/k/a God) as full-fledged partners in said Father's 'business' (which is Love and Joy in relation with and to all LIFE):
The second point I want to be sure I get across (because it is counterintuitive to those who are still philosophically wrapped up in a body-ego based, and hence physiosocially focused, calculus) is that the pains and losses (etc.) that are suffered and shared in the course of incarnational Life, even as horrific as these will undoubtedly be experienced as being in the course of the apocalypse that is presently unfolding, are not something to be either feared or lamented (not really, that is). It is the very unavoidability of such experience that motivates souls to break out of and jettison the ego‑shells which they would otherwise ‘naturally’ not be inclined to do, because it then becomes unmistakably clear that personal pleasure-maximizing and pain-minimizing schemes and strategies amount to no more than vain attempts to climb and/or carry others up to a higher deck on a sinking physiosocial ‘ship’.

Though self-gratifying physiological and social support systems as well as imaginative projections which lead people to hope and emotionally anticipate that they will, even if not right away, at least experience relief, ease, fulfillment, happiness, etc. in the future may indeed be Love and Joy sustaining up to a point, the fact remains that soulfully encountering and experiencing the kinds of ‘troubles’ that are, in the final analysis, inescapable aspects of being ensconced ‘in’ a physically limited, temporally transient personal body that is subject to frustration, pain, loss, ego‑defeat, death, etc. is necessary for the kind of selftranscendental ‘i’dentity expansion and psychospiritual growth spoken of in this chapter to be situationally ‘called’ for and stimulated to ‘come’ forth. A soul’s capacity for psychospiritual fortitude and interpersonal empathy (stemming from cognition and appreciation of the ubiquitousness and transcendency of the Presence and Power of Life Itself), for instance, would never develop otherwise; albeit these are just a couple of a whole host of psychospiritual awareness and adeptitude based capabilities which must be conscientiously directed and devotionally deployed in service of Life Itself for a nodal soul to transcendentally e‧merge from the ‘womb’ of its embryonic other-dependency and infantile selfishness (note: I use the word 'must' here only to state what is functionally necessary for such outcome, not to assert any kind of moralistic ‘should’ in this completely free-choice regard.)
Old 14-10-2019, 06:29 PM
Pathfinder
There is a nice story about this, even though there are still opinions divided on whenever the story is true or not, but it may not matter at all.
Here is the story:
University professor challenged his students with this question. "Did God create everything that exists? A student bravely replied, "Yes, He did!" "God created everything?' the professor asked. "Yes, sir," the student replied. The professor answered, "If God created everything, then God created evil, since evil exists. And according to the principal that our works define who we are. then God is evil."

The student became quiet before such an answer. The professor was quite pleased with himself, and boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the faith in God is a myth.
Another student raised his hand and said, "Can I ask you a question, professor?" "Of course," replied the professor. The student stood up and asked,' Professor. does cold exist?" "What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?" The students snickered at the young man's question.

The young man replied, "In fact, sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is, in reality, the absence of heat. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy. Absolute zero (-2730C) is the total absence of heat. All matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat.

The student continued. "Professor, does darkness exist?" The professor responded," Of course it does." The student replied, "Once again you are wrong, sir Darkness does not exist either. Darkness is, in reality, the absence of light. We can study light, but not darkness. In fact, we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colours and study the various wavelengths of each colour. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally, the young man asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?" Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course, as I have already said. We see it everyday. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil." To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist, sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold - a word that man has created to describe the absence of
God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love, that exist just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. Its like the cold that comes when there is no heat, or the darkness that comes when there is no light."
The professor sat down.

The young student's name - Albert Einstein
Old 14-10-2019, 09:21 PM
Master
INTERESTING POINTS!

Old 15-10-2019, 07:31 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
If you are my God, our loving father then why is there so much suffering in the world?. When you are the omnipotent one and all it takes is a word. Then Why?...

Very possibly because it was never God's job or responsibility to make the world fluffy bunnies, rainbows and butterflies. I don't know where and when the idea arose that God should end all suffering, poverty, sickness and war.