Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 09-09-2019, 08:22 PM
Deactivated Account

A lot of Christians generally lump anything esoteric/occult/witchy/shamanic all as being satanic. Some are more educated and realise they are not, and generally are more open to it as such. But I am not sure how many are like that. I only know the people in my life (family) are all the former and highly intolerant.

Anyhow, I have even found Satanism itself has useful philosophy. I've even met Satan in some visions/journeys and he's not all bad. I'm kind of a Christian roots grey witch. Weird combo.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Technically, if you take Christian teachings literally, anyone who worships or even acknowledges a God other than Yahweh is a Satanist and is going straight to hell. That was the traditional Christian view anyway.

I remember reading an essay from a fundamentalist pastor where he quoted passages from the Bhagavad Gita to "prove" that Krishna was in fact the devil.

Muslims claim that the Melek Taus (Peacock Angel) of the Yazidis (which the Yazidis themselves say is the same deity as Murugan of Southern India) is Satan. The main reason they are being mercilessly slaughtered, enslaved, raped and generally wiped out of existence as we speak is this belief, so it isn't trivial. A similar disdain for Hindu and Buddhist deities has been responsible for the genocide and cultural destruction of Hindus in the past, in many parts of Asia.

I am in contact with various pagan deities. This is considered witchcraft in many countries, particularly in parts of Africa and Asia. It carries the death penalty, often by stoning or being burnt alive. This is the sort of prejudice and danger that those of us not adhering to traditional religions have to face, outside the developed world. BTW, dozens of countries also prescribe the death penalty for atheism or apostasy.

Unfortunately, as you duly noted, the religions that believe that they are the "only way" often do persecute those with other beliefs.

Although the Christian theologian Thomas Aquinas advocated tolerance for other religions, his position on "heretics" within the Christian community was that they should be excommunicated from the Church and then separated from the world (executed).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Aquinas

EXCERPT (in the words of Thomas Aquinas):

"Wherefore if forgers of money and other evil-doers are forthwith condemned to death by the secular authority, much more reason is there for heretics, as soon as they are convicted of heresy, to be not only excommunicated but even put to death."
Old 10-09-2019, 12:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMay
A lot of Christians generally lump anything esoteric/occult/witchy/shamanic all as being satanic. Some are more educated and realise they are not, and generally are more open to it as such. But I am not sure how many are like that. I only know the people in my life (family) are all the former and highly intolerant.

Anyhow, I have even found Satanism itself has useful philosophy. I've even met Satan in some visions/journeys and he's not all bad. I'm kind of a Christian roots grey witch. Weird combo.

How do you view "Satan" and what "useful philosophy" have you found in Satanism?
Old 15-09-2019, 06:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMay

People know about Satan from the Bible

and that good book claims Satan and the angels met before God in Job chapter 1 and 2..

That same book claims in Revelation 12:7-12 that Satan and his buddies are going to be tossed out of Heaven.

Some claim this has already happened and others claim it is a future event.
Maybe..... he is not as bad a dude as people claim.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜