Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 07-05-2019, 07:20 AM
Master
A question about a quote I like

I have shown this quote to a few people with a very negative response. I honestly don't understand how it's negitve. Can someone explain? It's something that's a part of me in real life. Because I feel that way I don't see how it can make me a negative person.

Last edited by hallow : 30-07-2019 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:12 PM
Guide
But are you really sorry if you act like you don't need anyone? Do you realize that everyone goes through their darkest time alone?
Old 08-05-2019, 11:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
But are you really sorry if you act like you don't need anyone? Do you realize that everyone goes through their darkest time alone?
No I am not. In a strange way I feel I earned it.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:37 PM
Master

Stating "I act like I don't need anyone" sounds like a justification for some unbecoming behavior, or worse, from the speaker's part. Going through your "darkest time alone" doesn't excuse inflicting displeasure, annoyance, or pain, on others.

Probably that's what some people took from that quote.

Everyone filters everything through their own emotions, beliefs, experience, and may have different perceptions of the same input.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:41 PM
Master

As another example, your signature phrase "If you believe in yourself. The rest will fallow" ...

My first reaction was that you misspelled "fallow" instead of "follow", but maybe you really meant "fallow" ...
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:18 AM
Master
Sometimes a person needs time on their own to work things through, in fact I think it's essential to truly get to know oneself. Yes if you're with a partner they may feel hurt that you won't let them try and help, but sometimes they just can't. These self reflective times aren't always convenient to the situation but still, they have to be worked through.

I don't think the quote is particularly negative.
Old 28-05-2019, 09:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
As another example, your signature phrase "If you believe in yourself. The rest will fallow" ...

My first reaction was that you misspelled "fallow" instead of "follow", but maybe you really meant "fallow" ...
It could be??? But maybe I am just a bad speller
Old 28-05-2019, 09:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
It could be??? But maybe I am just a bad speller

Talking about spelling. Does SF have spell check? Because it doesn't seem to be working for me all the time. I need as much help as I can get.
Old 28-05-2019, 09:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Sometimes a person needs time on their own to work things through, in fact I think it's essential to truly get to know oneself. Yes if you're with a partner they may feel hurt that you won't let them try and help, but sometimes they just can't. These self reflective times aren't always convenient to the situation but still, they have to be worked through.

I don't think the quote is particularly negative.
last week my wife and I met an older man "a complete stranger" in the supermarket. He started talking to us about being independent and knowing how to do things if the other person is no longer around. He used himself as a example. After his wife passed he didn't know how to grocery shop, let alone cook anything he bought. Because his wife did it and he really struggled for a long time with those simple task. I've always been a very independent person. I can cook, shop, fix things as well as anyone. But you made me think, could I be to independent and it effects my wife in a negative way?
Old 28-05-2019, 09:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
last week my wife and I met an older man "a complete stranger" in the supermarket. He started talking to us about being independent and knowing how to do things if the other person is no longer around. He used himself as a example. After his wife passed he didn't know how to grocery shop, let alone cook anything he bought. Because his wife did it and he really struggled for a long time with those simple task. I've always been a very independent person. I can cook, shop, fix things as well as anyone. But you made me think, could I be to independent and it effects my wife in a negative way?

He sounds like a wise guy in the supermarket. Yes, it's very easy to lean on others too much and also the opposite can occur. I suppose developing ones discernment can try and find a middle ground.