Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 01-07-2019, 09:01 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerramineLightvoid
You mean the problem is... that you didn't look up the definition in a dictionary to see that you were... wrong? You don't get to just make up definitions of words, especially when trying to scrutinize other people. In order to do that you have to be looking at what /they/ are saying, not your unfathomably wrong assumption of what they are saying.

So again... instead of just realizing your definition is /wrong/. In fact even when I JUST defined atheism to you in the post you are responding to. You decide what other people believe, and put words in their mouths? That's not how things work.

You believe in "higher things". Okay? But the fact is, you must've been convinced from a purely ANECDOTAL position. Unless you claim to have evidence that nobody else has, in which case what's taking you so long to blow the world's mind with your secret info? Why does nobody else have this evidence, why have they not produced it and cashed in on it already?
Some #foodforthought; for reflection.

Old 02-07-2019, 06:25 AM
Master
[quote=TerramineLightvoid]You mean the problem is... that you didn't look up the definition in a dictionary to see that you were... wrong? You don't get to just make up definitions of words, especially when trying to scrutinize other people. In order to do that you have to be looking at what /they/ are saying, not your unfathomably wrong assumption of what they are saying.

So again... instead of just realizing your definition is /wrong/. You decide what other people believe, and put words in their mouths? That's not how things work.

That is the very definition of Straw Man, attacking a position the opposition isn't even arguing.

QUOTE]

Sorry Siemens I do not wish to be seen as ganging up on you but what TerramineLightviod is saying here I think is true and very well said I must add.

in places where others do not.

Last edited by Pagandell : 02-07-2019 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:16 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
Sorry Siemens I do not wish to be seen as ganging up on you but what TerramineLightviod is saying here I think is true.
I do not think that is true, I haven't seen Siemens do that, but only share their perspective as simply as they could; just as you and other's have in here~

Tho everyone's perspective may not always 'a lign' with each other, doesn't mean it's not true, cause everyone has different things that they have learned from their experiences in life that have led them to where they are.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:42 AM
Knower

Quote:
Sorry Siemens I do not wish to be seen as ganging up on you but what TerramineLightviod is saying here I think is true.
Okay. I didn’t read TerramineLightvoid's comments very carefully because I wasn’t interested in discussing with him. Which sentence that I wrote do you think is erroneous?

It might be true that atheism isn’t a religion in the actual sense of the word if you define religion as belief regarding something supernatural. But it is undeniably true that atheism is a dogmatic belief system. I said atheism is a religion because atheism is a dogmatic belief system:
- Atheists believe without any prove that human consciousness is created by the human brain (because they deny the possibility of the existence of a soul).
- Atheists believe without any prove that we all developed through biological evolution (natural selection) because they deny the possibility of spiritual forms of evolution.
- Atheists believe without any prove that the whole universe is made up of substantial matter (atoms) although the material universe could also be a virtual simulation we use to make experiences.

So atheists do positively believe in things that are unproven, dogmaitc and arbitrary – therefore I call atheism “religion” = dogmatic belief system.

I didn’t read all TerramineLightviod wrote because I discussed this topic many years. And I think I’m not in charge to give people that are at a very low spiritual level private lessons.
He should believe what he wants. I'm not interested in it.

----------------

Quote:
I said I respect your beliefs, I did not say every ones.
I’ve problems with the term “ to respect” someone’s beliefs. What does to respect others beliefs actually mean? I think they are wrong but I accept your right of being wrong?

Quote:
I may have empathy for a christian who is in service to others for instance, but being a bisexual shaman I do not like being told I am going to hell for my sins.
So you respect others beliefs as long as they do not cause harm to anyone?
Old 02-07-2019, 08:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
Okay. I didn’t read TerramineLightvoid's comments very carefully because I wasn’t interested in discussing with him. Which sentence that I wrote do you think is erroneous?

It might be true that atheism isn’t a religion in the actual sense of the word if you define religion as belief regarding something supernatural. But it is undeniably true that atheism is a dogmatic belief system. I said atheism is a religion because atheism is a dogmatic belief system:
- Atheists believe without any prove that human consciousness is created by the human brain (because they deny the possibility of the existence of a soul).
- Atheists believe without any prove that we all developed through biological evolution (natural selection) because they deny the possibility of spiritual forms of evolution.
- Atheists believe without any prove that the whole universe is made up of substantial matter (atoms) although the material universe could also be a virtual simulation we use to make experiences.

So atheists do positively believe in things that are unproven, dogmaitc and arbitrary – therefore I call atheism “religion” = dogmatic belief system.

I didn’t read all TerramineLightviod wrote because I discussed this topic many years. And I think I’m not in charge to give people that are at a very low spiritual level private lessons.
He should believe what he wants. I'm not interested in it.

----------------

I’ve problems with the term “ to respect” someone’s beliefs. What does to respect others beliefs actually mean? I think they are wrong but I accept your right of being wrong?

So you respect others beliefs as long as they do not cause harm to anyone?

Please read the quote I gave from TerramineLightviod
Old 02-07-2019, 08:24 AM
Master
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethera
I do not think that is true, I haven't seen Siemens do that, but only share their perspective as simply as they could; just as you and other's have in here~

Tho everyone's perspective may not always 'a lign' with each other, doesn't mean it's not true, cause everyone has different things that they have learned from their experiences in life that have led them to where they are.

I think you have a hidden agenda and I think your skeletons are to dark and creepy
Old 06-07-2019, 06:29 AM
Knower

Quote:
Please read the quote I gave from TerramineLightviod
Do you mean this quote:
"the problem is... that you didn't look up the definition in a dictionary to see that you were... wrong? You don't get to just make up definitions of words, especially when trying to scrutinize other people." ?
As I already said: I used the term “religion” in the sense of a dogmatic belief system. This is not so different from a dictionary definition. So were is the problem?

Or do you mean that quote:
" you have to be looking at what /they/ are saying, not your unfathomably wrong assumption of what they are saying." ?
I do know what atheists say and believe. I gave you three examples of what atheists dogmaticaly believe in my last post:
- Atheists believe without any prove that the whole universe is made up of substantial matter (atoms) although the material universe could also be a virtual simulation our souls created.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:32 PM
Master
Fish

I just wont to explain to peeps why I do not post / engage on sf as much as I could, I have had certain posts deleted over time and one just recently.

And if I can not be my self it don't feel right.

I do not wont to be suspended as I have gained a lot from being a member here, and I also feel I contribute my own perspective on things spiritual and such.

Just felt I had to express my feelings.

peace and love

Last edited by Pagandell : 12-07-2019 at 01:13 AM.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:53 AM
Knower

you don't have to discuss if you don't want to
Old 21-07-2019, 10:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerramineLightvoid
You don't get to just make up definitions of words, especially when trying to scrutinize other people. In order to do that you have to be looking at what /they/ are saying, not your unfathomably wrong assumption of what they are saying.

You decide what other people believe, and put words in their mouths? That's not how things work.

That is the very definition of Straw Man, attacking a position the opposition isn't even arguing.

This is how you treat me, can you see that.

Look up your posts to me, especially your recent ones.